1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Wayward Pains roof has been changed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Kings of DK, 1 Mar 2018.

1. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

• Wayward Pains roof has been changed to be more open, allowing easier mortar usage. Please take it back to “old”. It is important for the game that mortars boats are having some tuff times too. We need the gun map.

2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Yeah, they kinda had a big announcement about that. And people have been complaining since, At least those of us that aren't loaded with multiple mortars.

3. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Yeah I totally agree!

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Eh, mortars were the only weapon type that had a map that rendered them almost useless. I think the open ceilings are alright with that in mind.

5. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

*blink* And you don't think that all those open water maps seriously hamper a direct damage shooter?

On my speeder, wayward pains is a blessing, both the old and new ones. All those walls make great places to dodge with and use hit & run tactics. On my shooter the old wayward pains used to be, "Thank god, I'l be able to close with the enemy". Now it's just another map.

6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Nooooo!

7. PastelPiku

Security
    Don't get me wrong lol I mostly use direct damage on my shooter other than my firebomb, but there's still a few ceilings left and a lot of the bigger walls can be a nuisance to mortar users. If you ask me, it's still one of the tighter maps to play on, just not so much that it completely hinders the mortar users themselves. Trust me, I hate taking a barrage of mortar shells any day, but if torps and cannons work on any map, so should mortars.

8. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Aye - There's a section on the map down the sides which is like a tunnel giving you complete protection from Mortars but it's also a bit like shooting fish in a barrell. I concur that the changes are an improvement for mortars users, the old style really limited those players who used them.

The biggest problem I find still is that there is significantly more for a torpedo to hit causing painful amounts of AoE damage.

The second biggest problem and would love to see a fix is that Mortars don't explode on objects and have to hit water level. Now that makes no sense!

9. PastelPiku

Security
    They actually do, but the damage, if any, is typically minimal. Torps do this more effectively because of the blast being at surface level, rather than above.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  10. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Fair enough. It's just given the overwhelming dominance of mortars in the game, it hardly seems like mortar users needed any help. It's also possible that as my overboost gets more developed i'll resent those open water areas less. On my shooter, slow as a slug, they were just an instant-death area.

11. PastelPiku

Security
    Yeah, there's still cover so you just have to stay safe if need be.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think the original idea of restricting mortar damage was a fantastic deterrent for the multi-mortar spammers that are universally annoying. Now just mortar away in yet another map.

fr4nk1yn and Neptune_Gaming like this.
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Old wayward pain forced mortar spammers to take at least 2 cannons or torpedoes. But now they can rock all mortars seat back and lob everything over walls and their other team mates fling torpedos at you. Its pathetic style of play. Cowardly to be specific.

14. PastelPiku

Security
    If it's giving them the tactical advantage, adapt. My only mortar is my firebomb and I'm doing just fine.

15. Shadow Moon!

How do you adapt when they block passages with mines and lob mortars?
    That strategy is broken that is why ceiling should be shut.

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This. This one million times.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  17. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Just experienced that. It's easy for mortar users to hide while cannon ships have to navigate to get a shot in.

18. PastelPiku

Security
    Funny how just after reading this comment I played a game on Wayward Pains and exactly that happened... well I'll be damned LOL

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  19. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I've never noticed that they do. Whenever a mortar is misplaced to land on a rock or barrel for example, the area is greyed out to show it's a null shot. Imo a mortars AoE should be considered spherical unlike the disc it is now.

PastelPiku likes this.
  20. Shadow Moon!

See there are some things you can't adapt to this is one of them.