1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

VIDEO: Frost bolt & launcher are OP, and here's a great example of it.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by • Poison •, 16 Oct 2017.

1. BEN

BEN Active Member

Both the FB and FL has already been weakened and reworked in so many updates. It is no where near as OP as it was before. Launcher is only recently getting some love with minor buffs and the frost effect/duration isnt that strong even if it is AoE.

This is probably because of the TB nerf, more users are leaning towards frost since TB has been weakened. Personally I think its great to see all 3 yellow items in the bay, Its way better than just TB and FB all day. Atleast now I am seeing more and more FL users.

Ian, Shadow Moon! and *Rubber Duck* like this.
  2. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

Not gonna happen, and i will tell you why,befote the frost launcher was basicallt annunused item so to promote effectiveness they tweaked and buffed its effects and what's nots. The frost blaster on the other hand was tweaked because it was discovered that there was a bug in its effects andnit was brought up to WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. T5E first freezes 84% which means you are 84% slower than usual. In terms of the other guy,poison he had a problem with this for so long,even insulted smile shark for it. This strategy is no different then dropping two and three firebombs on unfriends heads. And it's 50% healing cuts

@YSL and Shadow Moon! like this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Don't know who poison is really or who he insulted. But i saw a post about frost, and decided to share my beliefs about it. Nerf or not really lies in hand of devs. As for frost launcher, it was necessary to promote is early game usage, but as the crew training passes it gets around 45% increase in projectile speed, which i think can be really powerful. I don't have any problem with the power of launcher, just that it awards a little too much success for easiness of its use. But, hey these are my beliefs and i don't want to ruin anyone's combo(I KNOW THE FEELING WHEN YOUR FAVORITE WEAPON GETS NERFED HARD, TESLA SHIELD :()

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. KRaZE

KRaZE New Member

I also suffered with tesla shield nerf especially since I play enforcer and plan to use 2 of them

Babablacksheep likes this.
  5. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

If rovio is going to nerf the frost weapons then as a support speeder or enforcer we would all have to have legendary maxed turbos standard to out run insane mortar fields and everything else they throw at us. Please understand the support ships don't have the same level of health or total DPS others are in theory enabled to dish out. The yellow items like frost or stun allow support ships to support attacks when the can't get that close due to risk of too much damage...or flee the scene before certain death. This also promotes team play and strategy other than just blow the opponents away. It's a trade off we traded red slots for yellow and we loose health doing so. The ship itself has a nerf in health to compensate for this trade. I think it's fair enough and the frost weapon doesn't need a nerf.
    Consider testing an enforcer or speeder with a frost weapon "a mile in another persons shoes" and yes i've also played other ships and understand the annoyance of being stunned or frozen.

6. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

What wavemaker said. We Speeders have two weapons going up against shooters with 5 and defenders with triple our hitpoints, we rely on yellow assists. Speeders are always either the first killed or last alive, it's a high risk reward, one big torp or high level mine we are done for.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  7. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Right lol, yesterday at mk5 i turned a corner and from the time i seen the first enemy and the time i died was no sh!t 1 sec, i run a rudder and couldnt even turn a quarter of a turn befor i died

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    In speeder, if they can hit you, you are DEAD.
    Why do you think OB/nitro is essential?

Babablacksheep likes this.