1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Vertical aim assist and "auto-snap" - optional - New Poll!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 18 Feb 2018.

?

Does the assisted aim feature help or hurt your game?

1. It helps.

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. It hurts.

47 vote(s)
    67.1%
  3. Don’t notice it.

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. I don't like the "auto-snap" to targets.

35 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. I like the "auto-snap" to targets.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. I don't notice the "auto-snap" to targets.

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Honestly, shots that used to require no aiming at all (target not moving, wave in a stationary position) now require me to pull the shot down to avoid shooting way over them. If it's a sure shot, it shouldn't require aiming. I'm always leading shots either way, both vertically and laterally. The assist is unnecessary. It just means I have to "counter-lead" my shots.

FearsomeChicken and Zachiderp like this.
  2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This happens to me every single match few times. It's really frustrating.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. Neu

Neu Member

Bump
    No words from expertise/ yet?

IMHO this feature suck especially on my double box mk5 Fixer, whenever I tried to throw box infront of me to heal myself, the turret keep spinning to nearby friendly instead. Using double pulse is quite challenging as well, since my weapon turret keep wanting to faced at opponent whenever possible instead of me supposedly looking around for friendly in-need.

Auto snap, quick auto target, and auto crosshair adjustment, are too distraction on my fixer as well as my others ship. I can just use a "target lock button" whenever I need quick aim and I don't prefer unnecessary aim assist.

4. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

Agreed. Almost every other game includes it and it shouldn't be too hard to add

PastelPiku likes this.
  5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

My flare gun seems like fire works with this new aiming here I'm quietly sneaking behind enemy and suddenly aim snaps and flare is wasted and I need to run for my life.

Help I Cant Swim and PastelPiku like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I think this is accurate... I've never had so much trouble with it as I have lately.

7. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

The angling made it worse for me aswell tbh. Since the arc isn't even properly adjusted so sometimes I end up over shooting or hitting the water

PastelPiku and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I didn't even think about how awful this must be on a fixer. As a non-fixer, there are only 5 players my reticle will snap to, but as a fixer you have 9 players that you might want to be aiming at. Ouch. Sorry to all my turtle friends.

9. Neu

Neu Member

Yeah, it does except the good thing is I've got into Ace 1 (I guess I got lucky with this).
    Also, I'd more 3star wins after switching into double healing pulse, probably because I'd plenty of free times to shot my sniper cannon unlikes when I'm using 3 healing item before.

Zachiderp likes this.
  10. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Man, my accuracy really took a dive after the vertical aim assist feature was added. At first I thought it was really cool and was helping me lead my shots, but it didn't take long before I noticed that it was constantly making me overshoot. Sometimes I have to counterlead the assist to land a shot that normally wouldn't require aiming at all. A toggle would be really nice.

Zachiderp and Kalbs like this.
  11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

12. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Bump.

This new feature hurts more than it helps.

"Oh wait are you going to shoot a point blank straight shot?! Let me help you with that!" *Misses terribly*

13. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

It just feels weird when your cross-hair is way above a target. I've played probably 3k+ battles without this new feature and now it's just anyoing af.

Chi, Zachiderp, PastelPiku and 4 others like this.
  14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I would not miss the vertical "assist" for 1 second if they removed it!

'Crazy jumping crosshair at clutch moments' would have been a more fitting description :)

15. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    bump

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. [BB] Shinster

[BB] Shinster New Member

Please make them optional with two different boxes for each type, vertical and auto snap.

LimeOnMars likes this.
  17. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

The aim assist altogether is bad imo. It takes any true akill away. Hell why not just have an auto fire feature as well! Just ride around and when a target is a hit, the weapons automatically fire. Then my neighbors 2 yo can enjoy this game as well! SMH!

Turkett

LimeOnMars likes this.
  18. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

The vast majority of responders in the poll so far seem to think you have nothing to worry about since these features make aiming harder not easier. For me these "assists" are a significant hurdle to overcome and I wish dearly that Rovio would leave my camera and reticle alone.

19. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

i dont see my option, i need an option to turn it off, that is all

LimeOnMars and Terry Morgan like this.
  20. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

How long we have to wait?