1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v 4.3 Repairing is Caring

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 13 Feb 2019.

1. Wainwright

Wainwright Member

Less coding. Lazy developers

2. Dixon22

Dixon22 New Member

First of all, stara dont register in guild quests now (casual and ranked) so that needs a fix.

So second, till now i hated all people spamming mortars but now you make them stronger? And nerfed mines? GG rovio, make things even worse than it is. I quit this game for sure now, this is just unacceptable

Jamel H. and HuntingAssassin5397 like this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

10% on a mortar is not a lot, typically mortars do less than 2k damage even with a crit so that's only an increase of <200
    If you run a bandage you won't even notice the damage boost.
    As for mines, they are insanely over powered for a 1 slot with crazy range and relatively low cd, a 10% Nerf is definitely justified as any high level mine can wipe out 50% of a ships hp in one shot. That is the highest damage of any weapon available..

Reorge and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

It gives u % chance to drive thru w/o taking any dmg

5. Beau

Beau Member

Stars not counting toward guild challenge. Not playing event.

FineSturgeon344 likes this.
  6. Beau

Beau Member

My guild is screwed this challenge because we are stuck on first board. Stars not counting and we have been sitting with star hoarder left and nothing we can do. By now we are usually on the 3rd board. Evidently we are only guild in our grouping with the problem. Please help and let us know what to do. This will ruin an entire week and we are wasting boosts which is not fair.

Iunch and FineSturgeon344 like this.
  7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

10% mine nerf is a joke. In ranked mode mines are often used for very specific placement.
    The problem is that mines are spammed in events, and the developers should have looked at fixes for mine spamming in events( such as all mines disappear when the player dies). As usual, what should have been done with a scalpel, they have fixed with a sledgehammer.
    Mines should only have been nerfed in events. Ranked mode needs high powered mines at a deterrent.

8. Smag

Smag Member

I think it makes things interesting when there’s the occasional weird battle with unbalanced ship types (too many fixers etc)

9. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I didn’t come here to complain about matchmaking, please understand that xD

But seriously? Me (globalrank: 16716) got matched with the Global number 10 (infamy: more than 5130) :eek:
    I mean, happy we won XD (10-9 :eek:) and glad he was on my side, but...
    He wasn’t sealclubbing or stuff (he was only trying out 1 Repair Plasma, rare lvl 20)

My point/question :
    How is it possible that I got matched with him?

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  10. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Anyone whinging about a 10% damage nerf to mines is ridiculous. At max level your mine is now doing about 4500 instead of 5k, boo hoo.
    I use mines on pretty much every build and even I can admit it's a minor nerf.

Jamel H. and JoshW like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's how RNG matchmaking works now. Frequently it's neither fair nor competitive, in all match types, but IMO the biggest issue is in the ranked matches.

Jamel H. likes this.
  12. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Can someone explain how the change to the star crates is an improvement? So now we get to redeem one crate every 24hrs? For real?
    How about we return to the way it was and add the ability to save up more stars per 24 hour period and add the option to buy an epic crate for 40 stars or so?

13. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I think they’re trying to get more people to buy things. Currently I doubt that they’re making much of a profit, so they might be trying to get more people to buy smaller microtransactions.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Yeah meatball and Naplam tomato soup combination is the best feed!

Sidd gamer, Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. FineSturgeon344

FineSturgeon344 New Member

Agree this is a pretty stupid “upgrade’. Make all those star hoarder quests impossible. The stars I get after opening a crate go into the garbage.

16. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I capped my stars before going to bed last night so I could claim them all when the timer reset :/ it is what it is..

17. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

3FFCF574-EB91-4F2F-B17C-72254FFA462A.png
    What is the quality of the star crates at lower levels? This seems underwhelming to me.

Sidd gamer, benguin8 and Fish like this.
  18. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

The Grim Repair and Nikkie! like this.
  19. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

So I guess if you've already got the star crate you can't contribute to star hoarder guild quest. That's fucking genius. GG rovio, you implement all these things nobody asked for, ignore the matchmaking problems and screw up guild rivalries. Well done

20. Primet

Primet New Member

But I have so many stars. What happens now? The mine nerf is sad as that was my primary deterrent on a fixer as my team refuse to deal with speeders. I get it though because so many spammers now since the mine event.

They should really fix carronades though. It’s so strong. In the past carronade does squat to defenders, now a defender against a yellow boat with 2 carronades can just give up, can’t move away, slow to turn, slow to target, take full damage, what is there to play?

HuntingAssassin5397 likes this.