1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

The picture seems to suggest 1 ticket every 30 minutes
    Because it shows: 23hr 33min left in game mode
    and 12min 46sec left to get a new ticket.
    So assuming they both started at the exact 24hr remaining, it would lead me to believe that 17 mins had already ticket off the ticket clock which would have started at 30 mins.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Is wrongusername a dev? Gotta make sure I add all the devs to the hit list. ;)

HARPO! likes this.
  3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Custom for the event.

Yes.

When in doubt, check from the credits screen. So, no.

The event in the screenshot was just a mockup to show you how it works. Don't look too much into the numbers.

4. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Lol

5. Ben Patterson

Ben Patterson New Member

No double bubble nerf. Guess I know why I'm getting yellow epic pieces at an abnormal rate. Lmaooooo

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    This event update seems really cool! I have a few questions:
    Are the events the only way to get legendary perks?
    Are legendary perks only available in the new perk types?
    How would fleeting work with this?

7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, the fleeting question is the very interesting.
    Normally you ‘fleet up’ before hitting ‘batlle’ so theoretically you can, but Devs may have made it so that you can’t select special event if in a fleet, so who knows?
    If you can fleet, it would be an advantage to complete the events with someone you fleet well with.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Nonsense :)

9. KilledWhale

KilledWhale Developer

Unfortunately the half resolution problem is in Unity, the game engine we are using, and therefore fixing it is basically out of our hands.
    We have, however, reported the bug to Unity and they have confirmed it but as for now we don't have any time estimate on when the bug will be fixed in Battle Bay.

10. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

We need a chat room for custom matches.

11. Raunak

Raunak Member

Awesome update can't wait to try the events.

Just one question
    In a 5v5 Team Deathmatch, as said the first team to kill 10 enemies wins.
    So is it going to be a time limited battle like 5 minutes or endless until the Team wins?
    Sometimes it may happen a team may take longer time to kill 10 enemies.

So time limited battle or Endless time battle( till any team is the winner).??

Just curious to know :D.

12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    The update... just dropped.. on my 2nd anniversary...

Thanks devs..

13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I’ve been lied to. I was told he was a dev. I knew that was fishy but whatever.

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  14. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

With the new lighting, wouldn't it make it more lagger?

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

If I understood it correctly, he works with the art of the game so the game is beautiful and full of easter eggs because of him (maybe another members, I don't know if there is an art team); and it is fun to play because of the devs :D and people get banned for exploits because of the Grim Repair :)
    PS: they probably help each other with ideas and etc...
    PS 2: I can always be wrong ;)

Last edited: 23 May 2018
  16. TonyStar123

Surely there will be different custom perks that can benefit all the ships right?

17. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

1st: Seriously all complaining about defenders and how weak they are, is just bulls**t. I've been playing defender for about a month now and it's not weaker than any other ship. It just needs a good captain who knows when to charge in or when it's best to stay with others.

2nd: Double bubble is annoying but there is that time cap between tesla shields and only those with high level (t5e or t3l+) ts can actually hold those shields on after being hit by good ec shot. I don't seriously see a problem there althought those are annoying when you don't have enough power on your guns to break those. --- And no, I am NOT a double bubble user, and yes, I am a nightmare league player so I've seen those bubbles.
    + I don't even have another on my inventory so don't start making any "again one double bubble user trying to make those look weaker than those are" -stories.

3rd: I don't believe devs really want to lie about stats on their end when looking which ship has most users, travelled miles, dmg dealed etc, so I think there is nothing to balance at the moment. Otherwise we would have seen it already. Now we can just wait and see how things change after update so we might see new balancing update in a month or two if those bubbles really get too op.

P.S - I don't think there is more than 2 enforcers on devs who play. Few speeders (which has been nerfed quite hardly on last updates so I wouldn't really say they won't balance those because they use those ships themselves), shooters and fixers. I don't remember does any of them use defender but I believe that at least one does. Then again, if there is none defender user on devs' team, it won't say that defender is underpowered. It just says they don't find it suitable for them as won't many others.

Last edited: 23 May 2018
  18. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Can you guys reply to our posts more, I would love to see you guys at least like and reply more often to posts on the forum. That would make it more fun for us.

19. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    There's a reason why there are so many Enforcers in the Top 20 and so few Defenders. There have always been outliers, BenJen, Oberst, Elitist, etc, but Defenders got nerfed when they upped the cool down time for Explosive Cannons. Those were the primary weapon for a boat that is big and slow and easy to hit.

20. TonyStar123

If there is legendary perks now, what will they sell for? Gold? Sugar? Or maybe even pearls?:eek: