1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v.3.0 - “Eventful times”

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 23 May 2018.

1. Major Major

Major Major Active Member

You failed to address the tough problems 2, 3, and 10, and made errors in your response to others.

The loud clicks and buzzes are part of the new sounds. Some of the loud clicks appear to be caused by programming errors.

The looped advertisements are within Rovio's control. You can inform the ad networks that this is unacceptable and you will discontinue their contract if they continue.

The change of favoring noobs upgrading allows incompetent players to advance faster into the higher ranks of existing players who fought their way to that level the hard way. Now you give them a free level up.

Estimated wait times have increased every update. Actual wait times have increased in every update.

Shrill, high pitched sounds were obviously not play tested with a wide audience, or else Rovio just thought it was cool to antagonize players with sounds that have no affect on play.

I will continue with another bad design decision:

11. Pregame roster no longer shows player infamy, denying players a chance to strategize on attacking weaker opponents or protecting weaker teammates, or focusing on high infamy opponents.

2. RNGesus

RNGesus New Member

I think that's the whole point of the new event though. The normal type still shows infamy.

3. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

What's the gmt on your game?
    I played "draw" 17:19 (gmt +3) so if you don't have more than gmt +7, my draw was earlier :p

P.S That was not a draw as you can see it says defeat on top left corner on your picture. :eek:

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

@Miika For the sake of clarity; Are we free to use any setup we want for the event? :)

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  5. Major Major

No, that happens during normal game play. Deathmatch shows NO roster before the game.

Let me continue with another longstanding complaint:

12. Advertisements often have no mute button.
    13. Advertisements do not obey the iPhone mute button requiring manual volume adjustment to mute.

This is completely within Rovio's control. They can prohibit these abuses. But then, free players aren't Rovio customers, players are the product being sold to advertisers.

6. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

and as you can see there was floater in my team , and we were gonna win but enemy's speeder killed him i saw him but i couldn't reach him:mad::cool:
    and mine is +3:00 :oops: so iam the second , does anyone wanna make the third:mad:?:p

Last edited: 24 May 2018
    TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  7. RNGesus

RNGesus New Member

IDK what you're seeing, but I definitely see a roster with the peoples' names and ships before team deathmatch. And normal is still the same as before.

8. Major Major

Continuing..

14. Speeders are too powerful during deathmatch. The normal gameplay strategy is to kill them quick and get them off the field of play. Now they respawn. Suggestion: increase respawn delay significantly for speeders.

15. Deathmatch draws away from Guild play and reduces guild scores due to lack of fleeting bonuses.

Yes, and the infamy scores for each player are no longer present.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  9. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

10. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

LOVE NEW UPDATE! 7 kills :D new perks...deathmatch contributes to guild quests, weapon achievement and you get gold sugar and stars - without hurting your infamy! :):) Win win win! Thanks :D

11. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

So far I haven't seen many speeders on tdm and when I have, they haven't done much for the team on dmg nor on kills so I do not see why they are "too powerful".
    No ship class should have disadvantage on respawning as it would kill the joy of playing with it and that's not the goal, is it.

12. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

14. Not my experience so far. The team that isnt dumb enough to leave their spawnzone is the one that wins :)

15. God forbid having to make choices eh! Atleast for this event you can easily make up for the lack of an X2 fleet bonus. I dont get 6+ kills very often in a normal game anyway.

Players are still sorted by infamy in the top bar. Closest to the middle has the highest infamy.

13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Hey devs, can we have a new achievement: DECAKILL?
    It'd be awesome!

14. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
  15. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

so if I get it right, you don't like that some ship is better at some game mode so devs should just give it unfair disadvantage to make you happy? fixers are also really strong, same as enforcers
    also mines are strong because you can simply fill spawn with mines
    so why not to ban speeders, fixers, enforcers and mines in team deathmatch?:)

btw I play speeder so I know that you have no unfair advantage against anyone until your ship is at least two levels above their

Last edited: 25 May 2018
  16. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

"Higher Ranks" are high infamy ranks. That can only be achieved by not so "noob" players.
    This change just makes game progression faster diminishing Mk2 and Mk3 suffering in matches against Mk4 and Mk5 in lower levels. A noob isn't a guy with an Mk2 or an Mk3, a noob is a guy with an Mk5 that can't compete and make his way to higher infamy levels. The level progression is lineal and doesn't affect skills, noobs will still be noobs, but new skilled players will have a chance to get in the game without grinding so much with the crew training during the first month(s).

17. STARC!!

STARC!! Member

I'm still seeing achievement for getting hit by friends ( i love torpedo highlight triggered for getting hit by friendly torps)
    Was this supposed to be fixed right?

18. DominicanKnight

DominicanKnight Member

-The new mode must have a life limit of 2 or 3.
    -When the game ends, the number of times each player died should appear.
    - You should not give 2 or 3 stars to a player who died 4 times, it is very unfair.
    -The stars that each player wins should not only depend on the damage and the deaths, so it should depend on the times a player has risen.

19. Major Major

Continuing after further testing:

16. Players using persistent features like napalm or mines have an unfair advantage in deathmatch, encouraging spamming crap everywhere at random. This is a disincentive to skilled players. Suggestion: mines, napalm, etc. are removed when the player dies.

Reorge and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  20. Major Major

I don't see why this is a problem. The matchmaker constantly puts mismatched players together.