1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Contemplating quitting the game. It's becoming unplayable. Used to love the game and spent hours playing. Liked guild quests. Custom battles. Even came to like wayward pains but now I can't win a game. Lost 20 games in a row. Won 2 then lost another 10. Can't even aim now cos it't showing I don't have a clear shot on a ship in open water that I know I can hit easy and if I switch from carronade to explosive cannon at close range it aim assists up then dose the same then I change back. It's like having a 15 second reload on my carronade and we all know that useless

TK Dada and Riddlerpaji like this.
  2. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

You switch to mortar you get a green circle where your shot will hit or a Gray circle if it's obstructed. Well I had no circle. No green no Gray. Nothing for 6 games

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Something has gone wrong with aiming and targeting. If it’s not the vertical assist then maybe it’s the lag compensation, or maybe it’s something else. But whatever it is, you need to look into it.

I’ve basically stopped playing now, because of it. Aside from having nearly 10 seconds added to my boat’s cooldown, I can’t hit anything anymore. I can’t even keep my target pointed where it is supposed to be.

There is just no point trying to play until it’s fixed, my infamy is dropping like a rock.

I’m pretty sure I can tell after 4k games when there is something off with my targeter. To suddenly (overnight) go from ‘never having an issue with targeting’ to getting 0,0,0 every other game. And that just happens to start the day you change something... and then a bunch of other people post about it too. That’s not a coincidence.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That's not a mistake in targeting, it sounds like a glitch!

5. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Other people having the same problem. Targeting is really messed up. Would prefer not target assist

TK Dada likes this.
  6. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Or just use frost blaster before and stun after.

7. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Or just make the rivalry rewards worth less by increasing the reward for finishing a board similar to how individual quests increase in worth the higher board you get to.

Ex. Rather than 12000 token for a reward for finishing board 2, make it 1.25x12000=15000. For board 3 = 18000, board 4 = 24000, board 5 = 27000-30000. Or scale it to where finishing board 5 gives you 42000 just like taking first place in your rivalry.

8. DoktorTeeth

DoktorTeeth Member

I've definitely had targeting issues as well. Also noticed the hit prediction change was a bit overdone... now, instead of being hit by torps that visually haven't reached me yet, I'm being hit by torps that have passed behind me already... not by much but enough to make dodging a torp I can see seem meaningless.

9. BottomsUp!!!

BottomsUp!!! New Member

Apparently this included a change to requirements for maintaining nightmare league status as many who posted 4k+ during last season but finished sub 4k have been demoted to Ace 1. Thanks for the heads up Rovio. (Sarcasm)

10. w@x

w@x Member

Yeah are we going back to not playing near season end to keep nightmare now? Season top was 4200 and ended just below 4k. :(

11. Iensu

Iensu New Member

4095 season top, degraded to Ace 1. Are we back to old system that was misused?
    "Fixed Nightmare league infamy reset not always working properly."
    (was at 37xx on season end, 4095 season top)
    I was in nightmare. On season end I was degraded to ace 1. I got 1 leg piece and 5 epic red. It showed that I was on second place in Ace 1, until setback. Now its corresponding to my hp. In chat someoon staten that they were top 1 ace 1, but didnt get corresponding rewards. I hope that it is false information.

Last edited: 26 Feb 2018
  12. LipBoss

LipBoss New Member

Come on Rovio! Not allowing a new Nightmare player into nightmare because they dropped below before season end? This needs to be fixed! There was no notification to anyone that this was the new rule. I hope it’s just a bug.

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Zen master

Zen master Member

The prime goal of game development is to get people to play. Anything that discourages play is the beginning of the end for a game. This new league setting breaks rule #1. Once u break the threshold for next league, this incentivizes u to stop playing until the next season. And then to play just enuf to break the barrier again. Dumb, very, very dumb. Get it fixed Rovio. Now.

14. Zen master

Zen master Member

And while ur at it, for the next update try focusing at least some big changes on improving game play rather than just boosting ur revenue. Nerfing popular weapons and buffing dud weapons is never a good idea. Just write off the carronade and std mortar as duds and move on. But don't mess with our exp cannons. Dumb, very dumb.

15. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Wow wow wow leave carronade out of this. It's my go to weapon except on shooer. its super op with fast reload. I needs me a legendary lol

16. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Ok my aiming is back. It's not perfect but it will do for now. Just need to regain the 1k infamy I lost. Think the delvs should give us an epic chest as compensation ( but that's the delvs disissions. I'm not greedy )

Ideas for next update

1. Guild notification for all officers ( this would send a pm to all guild members) this would be useful to let members know what quests to work on. When to save boosts and let them know if a member is on holiday so they don't get kicked by accident.

2. On guild member screen an online status that lets you see when player where last online. (This will help competitive guilds know if a player is just coasing). Yeah contributions help but if you just play the first 3 boards you can cost the rest and still stay top 10 contributors.

3. Please please fix this forum. Honestly I write it's and it comes out it' and don't comes out don'. Half the time it looks like I'm an ilitarat moron

17. joyhunter

joyhunter New Member

The new rivalry system ruined the fun of the game. By matching the guilds by their activity level, you create an intensive competitive environment...players try harder and harder to get the rewards, such that you get more revenue because we need to spend more... seems logical, but players are not dumb. Sooner or later people will realize this is just a game, we play to have fun, not to be played by a game. I need to play with my own pace, not to be pushed by a rivalry competition. As of now, my whole friend list is dark... you may be seeing a short boost of revenue, but soon you will see a decline of your players. Bring back the old rivalry for casual players please.

Capitan Blyad and H.R.H AOTF like this.
  18. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I'm afraid you are right about the rivalry being bad, but not in the right way. The rivalry is bad because it promotes people creating their own guild, setting it to invite only, and doing a few quests so that rivalry gives them dead guilds. While I understand that people want the raffle rewards, I don't understand why they don't want to work hard for it.
    Laziness gets yo nowhere.

H.R.H AOTF likes this.
  19. H.R.H AOTF

H.R.H AOTF Member

Yep seen loads of guilds the day before the rivalry ends disband. Then they just start a new guild ready for the next rivalry. I'm assming you still get your position rewards and at the same time have a new guild ready for the next rivalry

20. Stig

Stig Member

I understand both sides of the new rivalry matchmaking debate but propose a compromise. Yes it seems unfair that the guilds who work very hard will be matched with other guilds who work very hard...... And slacker guilds compete with other slackers FOR THE SAME END PRIZE. Ok so there are pros and cons but if they're going to do it this way, the more competitive rivalries Should have much better final prizes.

Yes I understand that the total tokens are a lot regardless of finish position if you do all 5 boards. But still... 1st is a much better reward than 6th. It just sucks that a guild can do 55 quests and get 6th place while a slackers guild gets the 42k tokens by finishing 20 quests. Not cool at all.

Bump up the end prize on more competitive rivalries before sandbagging kills the fun. At a minimum, make places 2-6 much much closer to 1st in highly competitive high quest count rivalries. I think if you're doing more than 50 quests, make 6th place start at 42k and go up from there. Otherwise, there will be a lot of sandbagging and guilds intentionally slowing down to get an easier next rivalry.