1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.8 "From Battle Bay with Love!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Miika, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    #CK, PastelPiku and Blueee like this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

My ship is unplayable now. I can’t attack anyone, because my cooldowns are now way too long to manage. I’m lucky to get off one shot (if I don’t miss) and then I’m just a sitting duck with no actions.

What am I supposed to do here? Just Nitro around being useless, until someone kills me?

My complaint is that I’ve spent months working my way up to 3k, and now you’ve nerfed me so hard, I’m lucky if I can even land 1 shot, let alone help my team win. Who does balancing like this? :(

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm just going by the release notes and the fact that very guild in my rivalry are within 2 completed quests based on the prior rivalry, and global rank has a variance of 2000. Rivalries now are a crap shoot to win, encouraging sandbagging to win the next, just like all the other sandbagging incentives in this game. I would like Rovio to spend more time making sure sandbagging isn't rewarded as well as it is, but now we can add rivalries to that list of incentives. It was players who suggested doing this... players who were tired of losing rivalries I suppose and thought this was better?

4. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    ok , i feel you about this nerf especially when you use speeder with both item get nerf ( exp cannon and tesla bolt ) . instead of complaining why don't you adapt with the new patch ? when you feel more weak , then it happened to other player as well .

5. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
  6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    It was horrible at higher levels (top 50-100 guilds). The boosting guilds could complete 55+ quests easily. Most f2p guilds or small boosting guilds did a little over 50. And there aren’t that many guilds, so you faced the same booster guilds again and again, and always lost. Now those guilds are matched against each other, giving f2p guilds a shot at winning. I think that’s a lot more fair, though i’m not in a high level guild anymore.

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Dear devs: Make sure to keep an eye out for new guilds / empty shell guilds trying to game the new rivalry algoritm.

Sadly this game is still infestated with players willing to compromise fairness for personal gain. Consider what happens when a rivalry is looking like a 4-6th position. At that point the cheating part of our community starts their migration to a guild setup with a tiny amount of quests completed, hoping to bypass fairness and aimed at stomping noobs for an easy rivalry win every 2 weeks.

The solution: increasing weeks of zero rewards every time you swap guild. It sucks for the ones playing by the rules, but some people insist on forcing sad measures like this upon the rest of us.

——
    Here’s an example of what guild #5 in our rivalry looks like. Didnt even take 1 rivalry for the cheaters to get into action.
    B6E9BE85-902E-4968-849E-8E13BA140B03.png

Terry Morgan and PastelPiku like this.
  8. Maxpuma

Maxpuma Member

Bad solution.

Devs just need to consider these 3 points evenly in rivalry matchmaking:
    - guild infamy
    - average player level
    - activity

9. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Please add a way to turn off whatever aim assistance was added this patch! It is atrociously horrendously stupendously terrible!!!!

Riddlerpaji and Kitterini like this.
  10. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Yeah guild Kalifornia Kingz did this against us this past rivalry when they found out they couldn't win. All abandoned a 19 first place guild after they finished 38 quests! Yes something is awry!

Turkett

11. Kitterini

Perhaps a more positive approach. Increasing guild season rewards by x% for every season you have been loyal to your guild.

12. BigRagu

BigRagu New Member

So, I know this is only week two since the change... BUT, why are guilds being paired with other guilds that are way ahead in infamy?
    I mean, my guild sits at about 3600 in ranking but we are paired with guilds ranked at 600... How is this competitive when these other guilds are much higher infamy overall?

Mr.FixIt.Nsk likes this.
  13. wrune

wrune New Member

That is not true. It does not heal through the stun. If this is a bug, please fix it, as it maked the talent useless.

14. Kitterini

Because rivalries are a competition of who completes the most quests, not a test of which guild that can reach the highest infamy.

You are matched against them because your guild does roughly the same amount of quests.

A55A51N likes this.
  15. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Give me ur account then

16. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

the last fight our guild was able to win with a small margin, the fight against two more was very hot, several times the leader of the guild was changing, but we were able to win and accomplished 33 tasks.

This time we were thrown to some top guilds, we did not even have time to spend the roulette, as they already closed half of the first sheet!

This is some kind of fantasy.
    It looks like this time the struggle was

17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That's my plan.

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. hotheadgamerxD

hotheadgamerxD Member

well.....after i deleted this game it seem like speeder get nerfed again cuz of the stun bolt cooldown *disappointed on this game again.

19. Mr.FixIt.Nsk

Mr.FixIt.Nsk Member

up to the mark of 3 I tried all the ships.
    to the level of Mark 4 tried the shooter, defender and fixer, only the fixer went above.

And always in battle (this is my opinion) the speeder is excessively strong.
    The only option if you destroy it from a distance, before it is close. Otherwise, he will destroy you, and you will not even be able to turn your weapon on him.
    A combo stun + hit works like a cheat.
    probably if I was a speeder I would also be not happy about this nerf

they just try to balance the forces

20. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Still hauling ass though. I'm fairing alright lol.

TK Dada likes this.