1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 2.6 "Experienced Captains"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 14 Nov 2017.

1. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

But I've grown fond of my green carronade. Lol

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That is absolutely the worst quest! It took us longer to do the carronade quest than two complete boards because no one uses it.

Terry Morgan likes this.
  3. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

Exactly and there damage is so low no matter how many perks you applied on it plus the range is also short that it takes all of guild to equip them on there ships to complete the quest and when you ask anyone in the guild that whether they are having carronade or not, you will get to know that only one or two are having it that too not upgraded (not in all cases), Still as said above, it takes a hell lot of time to complete and the one who is used to it, only likes it as a quest.

Zotah likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

After spending a couple hours working on the quest I tracked my progress on very carefully. Because one has to get dangerously close to an enemy I was only able to deal any damage 1 out of 3 matches. Couple that with the credit only coming on a win, and a 50/50 win percentage, I was only able to log quest credit 1 out of 6 matches. It gets worse ...on the games I would hit it was usually once, sometimes two, and rarely 3... and very low damage for those of us who have not trained nor leveled up. It was a BRUTALLY long effort, and entirely unfair IMO. If there is going to continue to be carronade quests I would highly recommend to allow credit for all matches, and greatly lower the total damage required. Maybe it's ok for nightmare players, so the RNG could do a better job taking that into account.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Champ 06

Champ 06 New Member

Hey,

I appreciate it that you guys updated the matchmaking algorithm to make the battles more balanced.
    BUT I found this picture of a battle with Master Baiter at 6.2 k infamy in a battle of players around 3.2
    k infamy. I think it was a right deciision also to look on the ship lvl instead of only the infamy, but as you can see there are several battles where unbelievable battles have to fight out without having fun because the enemies don´t have any chance to win and the team of the high infamy player can´t contribute much to the battle. In this case it´s nice to win, but sad you can´t really play as you are supposed and want to.

I hope you guys take notice of that and consider to eventually change it a bit that this extreme unfair and unbalanced matches won´t appear any more.

Champ 06

23509023_464993440561750_2423323499582725510_o.jpg

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Of youre talking about master baiter, then that problem is normal in your range. Often, they cannot find matchups because there are very few people at the pinnacle of the game.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  7. Champ 06

Champ 06 New Member

sure, it´s difficult to find a battle for players above 5k or 6k infamy, but there are enough players around 4k infamy, so in total you have a difference of about 1k infamy between the two teams which is not nice, but you even have a chance to win. In this case it is 2909 infamy differnce between the teams which is NOT acceptable at all! And this happend after the promised "more balanced matches".

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

How about giving some trophies or mentioning the fleeted player with whom the fleet quest for a particular ship was completed and he was using another type of ship, I mean he should also be geting some rewards for the effort.Just a thought.

9. k406k

k406k Active Member

Please remove the 1-hit removal of the frost effect. Absolutely a silly bit of overthink going on there implementing that sorry addition to the bay.

The Otherguy and Jowiee like this.
  10. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Frost totally sucks with teamwork now. It's only about frost-torp combo hoping no one interferes. They might as well just nerf big torp to balance frost-torp.

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

They made frost+torp usable as it was supposed to be used: on a straggler nobody is firing at.

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    That just encourages speeders to go suiciding. Because if you happen to find a lonely target, and the team sees you, you are dead

13. TheAntiSnipe

It doesn't encourage that. It encourages speeders to THINK. Can the enemy team come within firing positions in the 23 seconds(I counted) that it'll take you to frost+torp a stunned target?

vis1234567899 likes this.
  14. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

it depends on what items u have

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Zotah

Zotah Member

True, Fixer can remove frost on other only and guess who got frosted and torpedoed first...

16. Zotah

Zotah Member

Doesn’t change the fact that you would help sister guild(s) to complete their guild quests faster which is unfair for the single guild. What the community want is a way to switch a player from one guild to another once per rivalry season without losing the season token bonus.

17. Zotah

Zotah Member

Here’s another one... I got one shooted by Cpt Flint with one of his sniper and I was full hp.

Attached Files:

18. k406k

k406k Active Member

Today I opened the refrigerator and couldn't get out the icecream because it was frozen in place. I figured I would used Dev logic to get it out and gave it a tap with my smallest hammer, and guess what? NOTHING happened, I was expecting all the frost to fall off the container and I would easily be able to remove my icecream for desert. Instead the container remained stubbornly stuck. Who would have thunk?

Why not have a situation where the first hit of a frosted target removes a percentage of the timer, the second hit removes a further percentage, while the third hit removes frost entirely. Alternatively first hit removes a percentage of the frost effect regarding movement, the second removes more of the effect while the third hit removes frost entirely.

As it stands this single-hit remove of the frost effect is just plain stupid and removes any point to having frost-type weapons entirely.

Babablacksheep, Jowiee and A55A51N like this.
  19. DanteHeavenzues

DanteHeavenzues New Member

there is 0 improvement for the matchmaking

20. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

Bolt stun is so much better than Frost now. Are we going to nerf Bolt now? If everything is the same, nothing will be imbalanced. Give everyone 3 balloons and if all 3 pop, they are out! Problem solved!

Legendary Wilson likes this.