1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Balancing v. 2.6 "Experienced Captains"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Stebbi, 14 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. mister fung

mister fung New Member

I'm speaking about repair block, not speed.

2. zippleback111

zippleback111 Member

why are you devs hitting so hard on the speeder and its items? The speeder used to be a speeder but now I guess its just a ship with a little more speed for support.

3. [BB] Shinster

[BB] Shinster New Member

The reasoning for ex Cannon nerf seems weak. You are nerfing the gun because players have spent countless hours training to be expert shots at a gun? It's has medium range and projectile speed....the whole point of the weapon slot costing 2 slots vs blast Cannon (which has a faster weapon speed and range (?)) was that it had a decent aoe.

Please reconsider reversing this particular change. It's hard enough for most people to hit with the gun in many situations.

4. BEN

BEN Active Member

All valid points. If i keep pushing that fire should get nerfed, i would sound like a broken record and I wouldnt want that. I have already stated just how good fire is and I think we all know what it can do since we all play the game. So ill just say this. We all agree that frost is the most OP and it needed a nerf and here it is. Out of the 3 status effects (Stun, Frost, Fire), Fire is the weakest or at least it gives you the least in terms of its primary effect compared to the other 2.. But because of how the other 2 status effects have been nerfed and changed, I say that fire is now at the very least on par with the 2 because of all the little effects it can give you and we know it gives you a lot more than just a DOT. So there. Weather or not it should get nerfed? I think its trending to that point since everything else has taken a step back.

5. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Lol you could say the same about frosttorp and they are not going to change it.

6. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

hmmmm hi dev please read this ...I don't really reply to post but here it is.

Everything was good and great but I believe "one hit removal for frost is clearly harsh ....if its one hit brake frost , might as well increase the % to 15 instead of 5 %cuz hitting frost ship is rare moment.
    All the good frost torp users stop using it and some are thinking of quitting.

im a bit disappointed to be honest , having a awesome game like this and having the power to make it better but instead you keep taking everything from us. I never seen harsh nerfs like this in any game, when yah nerf, yah really drop the biggest hammer on it.

After global launch failures:
    -only one new map since global launch.
    -no new weapons.
    -better matchmaking ? please matchmaking been the same since global .
    -no improvement on captain levels or talents since global
    - every update is about "balance this" and "balance that" I agree is good for the game , but more maps is more important to keep the game more interesting.
    - guild quest was nice, but that was awful experience for when you reset the timeline , I never see anything like it. so much drama form everywhere.

I don't think harsh is the word for it ...my shocking face when reading the new update was CACOPHONOUS........

ps black shark.

7. Pranavpg

Pranavpg New Member

I am a mk5 speeder with frost-torpedo combo. Frost blaster is now useless except in some rare occasions(playing on one one against a shooter or defender).. if playing one on one against another speeder we are more vulnerable to a speeder with tesla bolt.. Frost mortar is history now.. All our frozen target mortar perks are also wasted... I gave up on using frost and took up tesla bolt.. Tesla bolt is overpowered now. Nerfing one equipment must not overpower another. COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE CURRENT UPDATE..

A55A51N likes this.
  8. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Shouldve only either Nerf frost bonus damage from 10-5% or make1shot break frost, but not both

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Generally speaking, I like what the devs are doing. I don’t care for new maps and items, because less is often more when it comes to things like that... I’d rather have 5 excellent maps, and 5 well balanced weapons, than a thousand rubbish items and arenas that don’t add anything to the game.

Balance updates are good for the game, good for competition, and good for variety. However, balance is delicate, and often unintuitive. The slightest change can imbalance things in completely the opposite direction.

In this case, I think the frost nerf went too far. Before the guild update, no one worried too much about frost, after the update is was powerful, and everyone cried about it. With the new update frost now seems even weaker than it was in the first place. I think a gentler touch might have been more appropriate here, to leave it somewhere in the middle. Perhaps, after some analysis it’ll get buffed again.

The nerf to Fire and ExC, I’m not too worried about... I’m not sure they were needed, as I don’t recall anyone talking about them, and I’m a little concerned that this represents yet another nerf to speeders, since Blast/ExC-Flare and Frost-Torp are their mainstay weapons.

What I have heard people taking about, and completely agree with, is that Enforcer needs some love, Carronade is too situational, sniper crits are way OP, and shooters are too popular

Perhaps the extra item slots for mk1/2 speeders and enforcers will encourage more people to use those ships earlier. And hopefully the other stuff will eventually get some attention.

Pranavpg and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  10. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Can we get some patch notes before the update.

Nothing worse than "SURPRISE you wanted resources!" :)

11. Cesar41

Cesar41 New Member

How can anyone think sniper is balanced? Is the most powerful weapon and the higher the infamy the more OP and hateful it gets.
    Why don't we compare it to a just nerfed weapon?
    Explosive vs Sniper
    Slots: 2 - 1
    Speed: VERY slow / Fastest weapon in the game
    Range: Quite short / Longest range a cannion has
    CD: 12+ sec / 10 sec
    Damage: High with a low; skill-based chance of AOE / Low with high; completely randome chance of dealing waaay more damage than explosive cannion. No AOE.

You end up with the easiest weapon to use, that also was the deals a ton of damage (as if critics were ever rare), that works in every escenario except for walls, which is not an actual conterplay.

BasedCarpen and LimeOnMars like this.
  12. Dr. Reaper

Dr. Reaper New Member

Nothing exciting, all mortars should be increase 1 slot.

13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Yeah, I’m one of those F2P dudes who wrecked with frost torp. Agree with you. Thanks for speeding up for us little guys that even though we share on the forum, won’t get as much attention as deserved.

-Love you Kitterinni!!!

The Afenogaster and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Because it's one of the funnest ships to play. No fun allowed.

TheFixer27 and The Otherguy like this.
  15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Thats debatable its up there fo sho, but whether its #1 is up to personal preference.

(#EnfoPowa)

16. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Enfo only came out of the shadows due to speeder being nerfed.

17. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I'm not saying popularity, I'm saying the pure joy of piloting.

TheFixer27 and Da Carronade King like this.
  18. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    speeder used to be fun to operate.:eek:

19. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Meh.....hardly. Most people in nightmare are enfo speeder or fixer. I’m bored of my own shooter, but haven’t got enough of anything (including skills) to play enfo, which is what I’d like to play.....

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  20. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    Piloting enforcer is not as fun at speeder in terms of pure speed, no enforcer can be compared with a 2 nitro speeder. The joy of dancing is amazing because you can evade and troll people, that’s where enfo has his own potential.