1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrading Perks

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by RangerCA, 23 Mar 2018.

Tags:
?

Upgrading perks: Is it a good idea?

1. Yay!

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Nay!

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

So, I have had a lot of perk offers, most of them uncommon... I also noticed that a lot of weapons just aren't feasible without perks (Flare + Blast really doesn't help anyone unless they have the perks and the talents).

I keep getting ridiculous amounts of duplicate perks I just don't need since I already have higher rarity ones. This got me thinking about the ability to COMBINE them with power cells, sugar, and duplicates.

Much like weapons, except you will need more duplicates than just 1 or 2 to combine them. You instead need 3 uncommons to make 1 rare (as well as 50k sugar and 5 uncommon power cells), and 4 rares to make one epic (as well as 100k sugar and 10 rare power cells).

This would help close the performance gap of weapons, and open up play styles for people who are generally unlucky in the perk department.

LimeOnMars, PastelPiku and HARPO! like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There's just TOO MUCH levelling in the game, so no, thanks. Also, think of it this way, someone with a t3 epic blast cannon with t5 epic perks would do something like +200%(?) Burn damage.

3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Not upgrading the perks, just combining X amount of uncommon ones to get a rare one.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. PhoenixLife

PhoenixLife Well-Known Member

Videogames
    As TheAntiSnipe said yeah I agree with AntiSnipe.

5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    ^

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh. In that case, yeah! Good idea!

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. RangerCA

RangerCA Member

Ah yes, I made a communication blunder there. This is why I failed language arts.

Anyhoo, I did mean combining perks to increase rarity rather than to level them up through tiers. Since I always get uncommon perks in shop, I needed to join a guild and feel like I'm leeching off of players who pull 10x the weight I ever could. I'm sure many other new players see the Blast + Flare combo and try to emulate it only to realize they need epic burn bonus damage perks on the cannon to really make an impact.

At my level, things like Sniper and fire weapons just aren't prudent for the reason that next to no one has the perks to take advantage of them. We already have a huge amount of training required to reach their full potential, so I think being able to combine all the uncommon perks will make the builds in the end game viable --at least in part-- earlier on.