1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Update] opinions on visuals, content and experiences

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by behumble, 29 Sep 2017.

?

Like the update?

1. Yeah man its rad!

26.1%
  2. Finally! Love it!

35.5%
  3. No, nothing works.

8.0%
  4. still quitting

2.2%
  5. nah, its not enough

14.5%
  6. indifferent/no opinion

1.4%
  7. its terrible

0.7%
  8. its good

11.6%
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know, guys, nobody commented on the passive effects of the update. In the lower leagues, I ve seen a variety of new playstyles come up. More fixers, Enforcers, defenders.... This has effectively balanced the game!

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. magician

magician New Member

3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

My solution has been to get my guild mates mini accounts on, where they arent so worried about infamy, and can spam the weapons needed.
    (like 25 kills with napalm? cmon lol)

But i would agree many of these quests are inconvenient for guilds.
    Im glad the devs thought to put the restriction of you must win in. Otherwise would have a lot more problems

Also it is much harder to control matchmaking at lower infamy levels.

4. Procrastinator

Procrastinator Member

For support weapons like napalm, firebomb, flare gun they should change to damage dealt or damage increased for teammates.

Ultrah and behumble like this.
  5. behumble

Yes i honeslty was expecting more dmg dealt quests, not kills

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

How about a healer quest, for Team Lawnmower? ;)

7. behumble

ikr! havent seen any of those yet either. They exist too T-T

8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

:(

But at least they've fixed the contribution score. I've gotten top of board a few times since logging in.

And unfortunately one loss right in the middle of what would otherwise have been a 16-game win streak.

behumble likes this.
  9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That one is so hard. It's the only quest my guild hasn't completed. I quite enjoy running napalm, so I thought I'd take a crack at it. I must have played 20-30 games with it and couldn't get a kill. One game I got 4 assists with it, and still no kill. Another game I found a straggler and burned him all the way down to 2% health on my own... then a teammate sniped him and got the kill.

When I finally did get a kill with it, it was like winning the lottery, but then my team lost, so it didn't even count :(

battlebaymembers likes this.
  10. behumble

Yes i noticed that too! feels great to be on top with two stars.....

11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This issue has always existed with normal quests. I frequently get quests for weapons for which I only have a T1, and even a re-roll doesn't guarantee that it switches to one of my strong weapons... so I'm frequently forced to play weaker until the quest is completed. BB Randomizer(tm) is designed for this.

12. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Fixed it for me, I got tired of fighting playing with idiots trying to win infamy, now IDGAF about it, just complete quests. The more my dumb team sinks my infamy, the easier it is to complete quests.

JJf likes this.
  13. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

This is not at issue if you manage your items well. Did you notice that weapon quests you get are for the ones equipped on the ships? So either only keep your duplicates on the ships or nothing. Game gives you quests for those items because it assumes that those items are in your setup.

In before banned for using commons at high level. XD

Miathan likes this.
  14. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

@Miika @Zeus , in summary, lots of people are using low lvl ships and/or tier 1 uncommon/common items to complete guild quests. I have even seen nightmare players using an mk1 ship.

What are your toughts on this matter? Is there any possible solution to this?

Babablacksheep and Miathan like this.
  15. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    This quest system is really bad for higher leveled players as most high infamy players don't have a wide range of ships and items to use. Its weird cuz the "ideal" guild would be a whole bunch of 100 infamy players. That can just buy uncommons from the shop and get all the quests done but then again the damage quests would be impossible for low guilds.

16. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Ultimately they still have to win to get rewards

17. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I would really prefer instead of kill x ships something like make y damage..
    Making damage is more important than killing, only thing this does, that people are forced to wait to still kills, so they're not that effective for team.
    Also as mentioned, killing ships with many weapons is extremely hard.

Netsa and Babablacksheep like this.
  18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Adding free guild quest refresh everyday will be the best :)

19. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

And doing x damage is hard for anyone not running a shooter with 20 weapons...

20. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Damage based quests wouldn't work... it would have to be adjusted based on the weapon levels of players in a guild, yet if it was, low guilds would have a low goal, so a single high level player could finish their quest in a single battle. There's no way to balance that.