1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Update Info !

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 5 Sep 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I'm confused. Players were compensated for rudders, gear lubes and associated perks they had.
    I think they were quite generous IMO.

2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

With this new agility update there are Pro's and Con's for each ship based on each individual players style of play. That is why you have some shooters that love it, some that hate it, and the same with every ship. The fact is that NOBODY was complaining about a need to change the style of the game mechanics for each ship, there is an entire forum of suggestions that could have improved this game.

If the developers were trying to attract new players, perhaps they should have looked more at fixing the problem with MK5s, Mk6s and MK7s at less than 1000 infamy beating up on beginners.
    Go on the ITUNES store for BattleBay and read the reviews. Nobody is complaining about how hard the game is to play. The complaints are that they loved the game but couldn't progress because they were playing people with too powerful gear at low infamy and hit the PAY wall too quickly. We've been talking about this for months on the forums.

3. Can You Please Reply to this?

You told this"
    Personally I’d launch a reduced agility event (perhaps somewhere in the middle of the old agility and the new agility) ASAP to give the Devs the 3 days to properly review the reaction and consider their own response. Perhaps I’d also give enhanced rewards during the event as a matter of goodwill."

4. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, that's what I would have done. But I'm not a Dev . They've decided to do something different .

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. Can you please also help me to delete my forum account?

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

That’s not an ability I have access to. I’d recommend sending a private message to @The Grim Repair to ask if she can do it.

7. Okay, Thanks! :)

8. [RWAR] Zenmaker

[RWAR] Zenmaker New Member

Self Employed
    I had no idea. Apologies. I didnt use either personally, but had guild members griping. I will follow up with them. I still stand on my other comments. Thanks.

9. Stig

Stig Member

Thank you, the communication is very appreciated. I have suggestion and an curious what others think about it.

I think rudder agility should be speed dependent. Not moving it slow moving would have less effect. This could be a standard change or a user option. Here's why I say this:

I found speeder essiea to control than shooter which surprised me because the speeder has better agility. The reason is the acceleration. I found that where I have the most issues with the rudder at low speeds or stopped. Speeder accelerates so much better that it's up to speed quick and easier to control. In my shooter, once I'm finally splashing along at good speed, I actually like the agility and have no control issues.

This would also be realistic for boats too. It might also help the complaints about balance because shooters accelerate so slowly that theyre not at high speed very often. That' my take on it, wondering if others agree.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Hi, the first post in this thread explained the compensation.
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/v-3-2-hitting-the-rapid.21819/
    Hope this helps.

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

For me, as an Enforcer user, it is a nightmare to steer this boat, It is way too sensitive and makes me dizzy. I ain't a good Shooter player or Defender, so I don't have a choice to change boat. I like my mk5 Enforcer and hope they will come up with a fix or a slider, which is the easiest way to fix it.

12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Well said, agility could be a little better, but not like this and indeed I never heard anyone complain about it. So, why make such a big change? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

13. GGodHand

GGodHand Member

Personally I want to take back the negative criticism I gave for the update because I’m enjoying the game more now. My problem was never the ship’s maneuverability because I personally enjoyed and did well during the max agility event, especially since I main Enforcer. My main problem was overall balance concern, especially in regards to certain weapons and the change in playing style from Speeders. Turns out the problem was that the rest of the community simply had to adjust to the new maneuverability, and now with the new quick patch that hit today, shooters, defenders, and speeders should be ok now.

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It is not OK for me... the boat still feels too squirrely. The only settings that still make sense to me is "Rotate Camera With Ship" so that I know what direction the ship is facing so that when I have to move I can react appropriately... but it is just too squirrely to aim.

But then I got to thinking...with Max Rudder and the inclusion of Cruise Control, Assisted Steering, and CRS (with *no* reverse)... we are now effectively piloting an omni-directional watercraft... no longer are the concepts of bow and stern meaningful because the direction the ship is facing no longer matters, it turns on a dime so you just go in the direction you want, and fast 360 degree Turret enforces this concept.

If the Devs realized what they actually did they would have, and should have, simply changed the boats to look and act more like omni-directional watercraft, maybe circular like a saucer. That realization would have allowed them to re-think the controls and behaviors that make more sense for the added agility.

15. Lendren

Lendren New Member

I’m sorry if this has already been asked/answered and if the second question doesnt belong here:

Is it fair to do a GG-event when some players were Given a free epic tier 4 GG and most of us doesnt even have an epic tier 1?

My firebomb damage is now at 134.5dmg/second, it has never shown x.xdmg before, only a whole number, like Xdmg/sec, not X.Xdmg/sec.
    Updated without info?

Thanks

16. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    1. i think it's only few player who got that free T4 epic GG , <1% i'm sure , so it's minor
    as for the rest , you can get epic GG with 3000 pearl , if this too expensive for you , you can get rare one with 750 k gold
    combining pieces are a good idea too , you have chance to get GG

2. dunno

17. Punisher

Punisher New Member

I personally enjoyed the max agility it would be unfair to make it back the way it was before the update, the best solution and to be fair with everyone is making the agility speed adjustable in the option menu, this way everyone is happy and no one is forced to play in a specific agility speed, it would be better and more fairly if the player decides what agility speed he wants.

envylife likes this.
  18. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

So you can easily remove the benefit that defense provided against the Gatling gun. Why has defense been allowed to be so useless against the multitude of heavy hitting weapons in the bay for so long? Also, it is admittedly OP vs carronade. When will this be looked into and adjusted?

One of the two stats defender excels at is useless.

Lord Chemist likes this.
  19. Battle Bae

Battle Bae New Member

Dunno where to post this.

The zoom when firing Gatling is unnecessary and a hassle.

When zoomed in like sniper scope, it is difficult to see surroundings, difficult to see the red arrows indicating enemy position, and if you are near a wall, it gets really bad. It's an issue with this gun since you have to hold down the trigger.

An option to turn that off would be great.

20. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

What's really hilarious is that, once Devs bow to the crybabying of the yellow boats, of course Defenders will get a commensurate nerf to their agility because as we all know Defenders are allowed to be tanky but can not be anything but the actual worst at every other facet of boat performance.

*JAWS* likes this.