1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 4.2 sneak peak!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 21 Dec 2018.

1. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Huh?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Word pun ;)

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You are right.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Sorry, the sentence was wrong, I meant the word worst is the Dutch word for sausage.

TheAntiSnipe and Kurd1stan. like this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

I know, but I didn't say "worst".

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You quoted it.

TheAntiSnipe and Kurd1stan. like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There is a difference between writing ‘reviews’ and raising ‘concerns’. Even if all our concerns are completely ignored (highly likely), it is still better to raise them now, than to raise them after the update — at which point, it will definitely be too late.

As for why Battle Bay hasn’t been as popular as games like Angry Birds, I can give you two reasons, nether of which has anything to do with ranked TDM.

The first is that the subject matter was always unlikely to appeal to a wider audience. Middleaged women are a huge market for games like Candy Crush etc... is Battle Bay likely to appeal to that group? — probably not. There is also no offline play for casuals and commuters. It was always going to be a bit of a niche game.

Secondly, this game hasn’t been marketed well. I have a friend who works for a local gaming studio (a big name studio). His job for ages was doing QA for one of their games, a mobile game with battleships. He had never heard of Battle Bay, and he’s an industry professional working on a potentially competing game. I’ve never met anyone IRL who has heard of this game.

As for the devs caring more about the game — they don’t even play it anymore. I’ve got more games on my main account than any of the current devs, and I’m a complete newb compared to many players here. They don’t have the time or manpower to fully gauge what it is like to try to grind through this game. How many devs do you think have a legendary perk on their main boat? — I’ll tell you: it’s zero!

How many Devs do you think have an Interceptor or a Reaper? — one. @Stebbi is, apparently, the only one who could be bothered to collect enough tokens on his main account.

If they can’t even be bothered to grind through their own game, why should we? And why should we then believe that they know best?

Last edited: 4 Jan 2019
    Nikkie!, Zxyqu, Aether_Zero and 10 others like this.
  8. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

yes it is. they already told us how it's gonna be. we gotta build a new turbo, new big shield. we know that, and that are our main complaints here and in discord server.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I did not know, but I also wondered do they even play their own game after they came up with much of these changes, like the agility update. If they would have played it quite regularly, they would be able to foresee a lot of the problems.

It is like a guitar builder, who does not play his own guitars.

10. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

He has a point thou, they are stupid. We have seen more than enough to say that.
    Also most people say alot worse things here tbh. And I believe they deserve it, they don't respect players concerns so I don't think they should expect any in return.

Ovidmikel and Guncaptain809 like this.
  11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

You just made a fan

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  12. Ekans_Hissy

Ekans_Hissy Member

Can we all send emails to support@rovio.com and complain about the new update? Just give us the new items and rewards, we don't want anything else!!!!

Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  13. Kurd1stan.

Do you think I read everything I qoute?:D.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. Kurd1stan.

I think zues does that, it is his job.

15. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

The only thing I request is that they give enforcer an extra red slot point, so that I can actually use weapons like missiles and explosive cannon.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

Well said mate!

17. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

As long as you read what you write ;)!

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  18. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Well i understand that they should grind themself before passing the numbers.
    But we are talking about update here. HTDM is actually a interesting idea. In current ranked, one mistake and its all over. Like its not really 5v5 mostly because after one-2 guy makes a mistake, they leave skilled player in a uneven match. In tdm its always equal team no. Atleast stupid player acts as a meat shield.
    Doesn't it ever happen to you that u were playing so good but then you found yourself surrounded by multiple enemy because your team died.

19. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

You also get to Play different ships in the same match. And devs confirmed that they will Inc rewards enough to be able to play multiple ships.
    New turbo is a small obstruction.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I don't see why ranked needs a major change besides matchmaking and finding a way to stop putting 3+ fixers on teams. Should be 2 max. Why couldn't they just make HTDM an event and leave ranked elimination style?