1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

UNFAIR MATCHING

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Rushicanna, 14 Jul 2018.

1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

they are used but their weight in matchmaker is too low to counterweight thing you posted-lvl1 epic and legendary items on mk3 ship;)

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    A person with higher captain level can still be matched with lower captain level if they lower their gear score more. I think this is true because I did some experiments.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  3. SirName

SirName Member

So basically manipulating the game to give them an unfair advantage aka cheating

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Well if the captain level played a larger role then they would have to put on a lot worse gear to get into easier games meaning they would be equal or at a disadvantage to the other players. So it wouldn’t be cheating if captain level played a larger role.

5. ShipCrusherCz

not really, it's rather exploiting game mechanics because it's allowed, we can use whatever we want and heavily under-leveled (when compared with our main ships, that's impossible in normal mode) ships because we are allowed to experiment

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

What was he using when you ran into him? Pretty sure it was not this setup

7. SirName

SirName Member

This was his setup when we played a match. How much damage does your game say a level 1 legendary explosive cannon?

Attached Files:

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

At endgame, I'd say around 1k a shot, yeah that's pretty OP

9. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I use explosive cannons so I have lots of talents for it (still missing one of the +10% damage though) and a level 1 legendary explosive cannon for me deals 1012 damage.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Lol 1012 damage ;) so let's put that beast on our littlest boat and go kick the crap out of noobs cos that's fun! And if we don't scare off playing early, they may stick around and grow, eventually coming after us lol

Why not? I'm told this is another resource grinding farm game anyway and besides I lose half my fights in evenly matched games

ShipCrusherCz and R4Z0R like this.
  11. SirName

SirName Member

A level 1 legendary explosive cannon does 679 damage for me so imagine how much his does. I haven't trained my talents as much as he has so it gives manipulators like him a much bigger advantage. Whatever they use to create event matches needs to be changed. Only reasons why I play the events even though I know I will match against manipulators is it helps me complete daily quests and achievements faster.

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

They just need to make Gear Score match the items' actual performance. So simple.

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.
  13. yomumma

yomumma New Member

exploiters.jpg my ships are all mk1, i get matched against mk3 & 4 all the time, which is fine as my kit is strong, and my captain lvl is 21. but when i face boats where the kit is multi legendary from their mk6 or 7 everyday boat it totally screws the game. This isn't new either, it's been like it since the start of events. The fact that devs do nothing to fix it, like looking at the lvl of a player's strongest ship is unforgivable. Make these mk6 owners use their mk3 super boats against mk6s and see how long they keep using a lower lvl ship.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2018
  14. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

YES TOO MUCH UNFAIR...
    i just bought mk7 defender, iam getting all mk7 powerful ships, but all my weapons are low and my gear score is 8300 to 8700
    not even getting coins for loose, just 2 to3 coins.
    this is waste. all are using tire 1 legs in low ships and attacking like hell.

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, you've made a choice to keep your ships at Mk 1, whereas other players with similar number of battles are MK3 . So it's fair you are matched against legitimate mk3s. It's those with the higher ships they drop down which aren't fair .

16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    If you have the same boats as opponents, it would get boring really quick and matchmaking would be REALLY slow. Besides, being a good BB player means that you need to adapt to your team and the other team. Whether its 2 fixers for the opposition and none for you or a team full of speeders, we need the uniqueness of each battle to keep BB alive.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  17. ShipCrusherCz

View attachment 19230 View attachment 19231 View attachment 19232
    maybe the second one is not exploiter but his lvl3 leggy blast is much stronget than our epics and rares so it's not fair
    I wouldn't say anything if the matchmaking at peast put same number of exploiters in both teams because that would be more balanced than the current state

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Aug 2018