1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

UNDER POWERED INTERCEPTOR

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by You dont need to know, 3 Mar 2019.

?

Does the interceptor need massive improvement?

1. No

19 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I'm not going to continue this discussion unless I have a good reason to do so. I've made my point, everyone else here has made theirs, and you just point to arbitrary, mostly meaningless numbers and complain about the second fastest boat being too slow.

See ya later, everyone.

2. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

666656FE-B3D6-4AED-A876-64BC3261D6B7.png
    If you click on the stats at the bottom when viewing ships that you own, you can see the more detailed values of their max speeds, or you can count the slots and slot points for red and green items.. together you can see how the ships compare in all things except acceleration.. enforcer certainly has the highest acceleration for instance.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  3. You dont need to know

You dont need to know Member

How come the enforcer has more total speed than a interceptor? Because it’s a big scam really. Yes, it’s a very good ship, but it simply isn’t good enough. Their is a lot of inaccurate descriptions of it to make it seem like it’s faster than it actually is ( food companies do this two )

4. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

It has more hp, more blue slots, more weapons, more base speed than enforcer, just less yellow items... and less agility

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Lul

6. One Winged Angel

One Winged Angel New Member

I think if any of the new ships need a little bit of a buff it would be reaper, I have seen plenty of great interceptors and guardians, but I have only seen maybe 2 or 3 good reapers.

Djradnad likes this.
  7. d0dih

d0dih Member

I´m willing to go custom with you with my interceptor to prove you wrong :) As I said it needs some skills to master, same goes for enfo and speedy. Its not too slow, it has all the best abilities of a shooter and a speeder without being op. Give it a slot of something more and it goes op. 2 turbos? why? maybe you should build a turbo that maxes the speed first before going interceptor. it only need 1 epic tier 3 or so to max speed.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Nah, any Reaper worth their salt is almost invincible as is

Guncaptain809 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

In a straight chase, I have completely overwhelmed enforcers with sheer burst in my interceptor. I've hunted speeders, assassinated fixers and gone toe-to-toe with defenders and shooters.

The interceptor is strong. But it fulfills a role that hasn't existed in BB until now. It's not the fastest ship. It's not the most well-armored ship. It doesn't have the potential to carry ALL the weapons.
    But it CAN intercept.

Ah, intercept. What a beautiful word.
    IMG_20190304_065150.jpg
    You cannot intercept someone with a speeder. An annoyance isn't an obstacle. You cannot intercept ALL classes with an enforcer, it simply lacks the firepower and health. You cannot obstruct faster ships in a shooter.

It's the only ship in the game capable of going, "You. Shall. Not. Pass.", even if the opponent has oceans of HP and tons of burst and moves at fast speeds. That's the beauty of it! It's not MEANT to be any of the things you mentioned, it's meant to STOP the enemy dead in their tracks.

It does that VERY well indeed, provided you know your weapons and placement. And yellows.

10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Interceptor enlightenment...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

1. Calling people idiots is not very nice, and I'll let you off with a warning since you're new here. Don't do it, and be nice.
    2. Nowhere is it said that the interceptor is a "special ship". Sure it needs ship pieces to upgrade, but no, it's just another ship. A unique one, sure. But not something gamebreakingly strong or anything like that.

Giving it better mobility will make enforcers irrelevant, because their already endangered role of "moving bastion" and "speedforcer" will be done for. Giving it better HP will just make it a uber powerful dodgy ship. Nah, in my opinion, it's good enough as it is.

Here, have a puppy:
    02_Adorable-Puppy-Pictures-that-Will-Make-You-Melt_556211362_ANURAK-PONGPATIMET-1024x683.jpg

12. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t mean reaper needs a buff imo. I’ve been in battles against some double tape, double nitro reapers, and I’d argue that they’re even harder to kill than speeders at times because of how flighty they are.

13. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Alright you done arguing? If I had the opportunity, I'd lock this here and now.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    HAPPY SITHSHA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Would be unfair since the argument on one side still hasn't reached its conclusion. I do have my eye on it, however.
    Thanks!

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Updated the poll to remove the bias, i think the results speak for themselves, 15 to 1 on "interceptor does not need a buff"

17. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    But I liked it soo much to be an idiot :(

HAPPY SITHSHA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.