1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tweaks for Repair Boxes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ShinkuMoon, 24 Aug 2018.

1. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

I have always been a fan of repair boxes because of their versatile nature being able to heal fixers themselves. Thus this suggestion is not meant to address "they are weak" - IMO their healing amount compared to repair bolts of the same tier is about balanced.

However, what I find most disturbing is the counterproductive aspect and what I consider the biggest problem of repair boxes - the unfriends can use the floating boxes or the landing mark of flying ones to lead their big slow shots like torpedos and mortars alike.

Here are some ideas that should not involve too much coding to make the change or drastic game changes (other than improving the popularity of repair boxes) and these suggestions are all addressing the specific counterproductive aspect mentioned above. IMO 1 and 2 below should not be implicated at the same time for the sake of balance (I won't mind though).

1. Decrease the visibility of existing boxes to unfriends (might be overkill though). This way the long shots fired from unfriends would no longer have a beacon leading their ways while the possibility of making traps using boxes as baits still preserved;

2. Increase the pick-up range of boxes for friends. I would suggest the range should be at least bigger than the blast radius of swift torpedoes or explosive cannons but definitely smaller than grenades'. In this case, the risk for friends get hit by some hurting projectiles would decrease as they can always choose to "touch" the rim of the boxes instead of sailing right into it;

3. Increase the flying speed of boxes so they are more adaptive to emergency healing.

To clarify, I am not a programmer thus I have no idea if these are actually as easy to implicate as I thought, compared with just tweaking the existing numbers. Anyway, thanks for your time to read this and hope this help the game and the community advance forward.

2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Tbh, I just want fixers to stop throwing repair boxes way out there where the enemies are focusing fire and actually throw it somewhere safe where teammates can get to it without losing more health than they're gaining. That in itself would be a buff lol.