1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip-Torps or Big Torps for Enforcer MK 3?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Dapperest, 21 May 2017.

?

Title.

1. Trip-Torps

2. Big Torps

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dapperest

Dapperest New Member

900-1100 Infamy lvl 16 Enforcer MK 2 main here and well, the title says it all as I want to maximize my weapon slot points when I reach MK 3 and try out new weapons because I been running the two simplest weapons in the game for a long time, the cannon and blast cannon. Overboost+turbo will never get old though.

The other items I'll use for my new MK 3 would be a rare blast cannon/cannon (undecided), uncommon overboost and rare turbo to fly, and an uncommon frost blaster for support.
    My playstyle is akin to a frontline damage dealing shooter plus the dodging/distracting/dancing and support of a speeder with the occasional flank (because you can't use them fancy-ass high level weapons if you can't hit me!)

Trip-torps seems like a much more failsafe weapon with auxiliary area denial and deadlier close combat damage whereas big torps are this big lumbering doom bombs that is harder to hit, but when they hit, they hit and everyone on the other team will feel it, also better in range. Both weapons though seems terrfying at mid-close range with thier aoe alongside the frost blaster slow down. The infinite range is helps keep useful for those long range engagements.

Mind you, but I'm buying these weapons as rare variants with saved up gold and excess pearls so I want to make it count, you know?

2. Team_vega

Team_vega New Member

Me too! But instead of Blast Cannon + Standard Cannon + Overboost and Turbo i use Standard Cannon + Standard Cannon + Shield

3. Weaponizer

Weaponizer Member

I think Big Torpedo because of the Damage. Tritorp's accuracy just sucks.

4. Team_vega

Team_vega New Member

Yes, but only at the lower levels. If you upgrade your crew, i think it was Burnice or Sinklair, you can get those Tritorps fast enough to get at least 2 Tritorps to hit.

5. BEN

BEN Active Member

Id recommend you go for a swift torpedo instead. By using a 2 point red weapon you would be losing the advantage that an enforcer has. At the later levels you will be able to equip a max of three 1 point weapons so if you like doing the frost + torpedo combo then swift is the way to go. If you really are deadset on using a big or tri torp, then you should check out the speeder. Youll be using the same 2 weapon setup but will have more blue slots and better speed vs an enforcer.

6. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I recommend the Big Torpedo because it can be a game changer if placed well. Very very useful against fixers, I'm always happy to see fixers on other team because everyone gathers around fixer and 1 well placed torpedo can deal 3k+ damage when people are grouped up. Also I've gotten like 3 doubles with mine and a near triple kill. Triple is just too weak for my style play. But go with which ever you feel you will do best with, good luck!

-Winkkeberry5

7. Dapperest

Dapperest New Member

Well BEN, Enforcer doesn't seem to get the three item slots till MK 5 (Correct if I'm wrong) I think, so its going to take a real long time till my 2 point weapon becomes a bit weaker, besides, even when I do eventually get MK 5, it doesn't hurt to have multiple weapon setups as I see myself using the classic Flaregun+Cannon combo alongside the torps setup.
    And for the speeder suggestion, yeah, good points, but remember, you don't get that 3 weapon points till the late MKs and I'm already invested in Enforcer especially when low level speeders are inconsistent because of their lack of slots and points. Plus, not only is it good to get a feel for such a awkward, but deadly weapon early on, I could transition my items toward speeder when the time comes, but that time is a long ways away.

8. BEN

BEN Active Member

Yes, the good stuff comes when you reach the later levels and unlock the mk4s and 5s.. it might seem lightyears away but youll get there soon enough. But regardless if you are a low level, mid level, or high level player, the resources used to level up items will always be valuable and limited. Thats why my suggestion is more on the end game setup as opposed to what you can equip during your mid levels.. that way you wouldnt have to waste or scrap the big/tri torp or any other 2 point weapon when you get your mk5. That is ofcourse if you are only going to play the enforcer.

9. Ep0cx

Ep0cx New Member

I've been having a good time with a sniper/big torp and the frost blaster, dance around until the opportunity arises and then dart in freeze/torp for the kill.

Sad to hear the enforcer can only fit 3 1 point weapons at max level though, might have to change up my strat a bit :(