1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[Train] Bug?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JhonnyNS, 22 Jun 2018.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Without a doubt this is not a bug

SirName and Ackoroth like this.
  2. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

A lot opinions and theories, but no concrete answers from a dev. So I'll wait for an official explanation.

YerJokinArnYer and Ackoroth like this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You were just explained everything. Wow you have a hard head

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  4. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    True, these are all JUST A THEORY, A GAME THEORY (but I’m pretty sure Joey Who is right about it not being a bug)

5. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

What do you want the devs to say? "We increase the cost to skip training because we know if the player willing to pay for VIP, then they are OK to pay more to skip training."

Ackoroth likes this.
  6. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

An explanation of why this increase occurs. If X or Y member is right, and not being a dev is same as nothing.

7. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

No bug rovio I sGREEDY this is known and alot of peeps stopped buying vip for this reason you get pearls every game from vil rovio takes them back if you speed up training

8. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm pretty condident we are going to have a dev answer during the week. My guess: something broken that they never gave any attention because they thought it was working properly.
    But that's only a guess, maybe tomorrow (it's still sunday here in Brazil) we find out why it works like this :D

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  9. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Your spending money on vip and wonder why they gouge or cheat you.

Smart on rovios part, stupid on players part

Simply, dont buy vip or spend money in a phone app game

Stupidly, I did it once.. all i did was loss a greater % of matches and drop infamy fast

10. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

If there is any answer. I do not know how the forum works, do they usually answer everything?

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

No

Bradley Thorinsson likes this.
  12. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Here you'll certainly have an answer: support@rovio.com
    At least they answered the 3 times I asked something about the game :D

PS: You can ask in Portuguese by that e-mail, Stefan or Sofia will answer in Portuguese as well

13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this particular issue has been discussed on this forum before and in that thread there was a dev reply too. I spent half an hour looking for that thread but sadly couldn't find it. I have no idea how long time ago that was :(

14. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There are 2 ways for leveling up the crew. Either by waiting the training time or by spending pearls to do it immediately.

VIP is meant to be a time saver feature and it gives 20% reduction to the training time. This is implemented by deducting the 20% from the training time when it starts.
    VIP is not meant to be a -20% discount for purchasing the level ups. This means that leveling up the crew with pearls costs the same for VIP and non-VIP players.

Due to how this is implemented it just behaves a bit unexpectedly if you purchase the VIP or it expires in the middle of the training.

When purchasing VIP in the middle of the training:
    - The training time does not get shorter for the ongoing training.
    - The hurry cost for the ongoing training gets more expensive.

When VIP expires in the middle of the training:
    - The training time does not get longer for the ongoing training.
    - The hurry cost for the ongoing training gets cheaper.

To make the behavior more consistent we would have to implement VIP differently. Why has this not been done? Mainly because of prioritization. Every change takes time and effort to design, implement and test thoroughly. We have felt we can bring you better value by working on other tasks. Especially because this only matters when you start VIP which is a relatively rare occasion on an auto-renewing subscription.

15. Ackoroth

Ackoroth Active Member

Attack Helicopter
    Got it.

16. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Thank you very much for your attention and for answering me. Just one more question.

Why does the cost of pearls for training increase?

Before it was 14 pearls per hour, I bought the VIP and it went up to 17, 20, and now it's already charging 25. Do you have any explanation for that increase?

17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Miika did explain this, but the TLDR version is that it is an unexpected error.

18. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Pearls per hour is not a constant. The longer time you are hurrying the cheaper it is per hour.
    So, in short, the cost is not increasing. You are just comparing different lengths.

19. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

No no ... This explanation is about you purchase a VIP and have a trainning in progress.

My question now is about normal trainning.

Because every time I advance a training, the cost of pearls per hour of the next increases.

20. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

So, in this case ... A training with 5 days cost less per hour than one with 1 day? Because even with a shorter trainning in progress, the cost of pearls per hour has increased tremendously.