1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tough Talent Decisions

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by benguin8, 26 Sep 2017.

1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Anyone have tough decisions in talent trees? Usually they are pretty easy since its a weapon you use vs one you do not. I am an enforcer player so my choices and play style may not match yours.

Specifically I am wondering if the very small 2% damage boosts to point weapons and area damage are worth it. I can see that every bit counts and that when you cap the crew member, you could end up with +13% for area and 16% for point in the end. No point in discussion Bhurt, Mortimer, Brock or Blastian Lv30 because there is no choice or decision there.

Mortimer lv 4 is 2% area or +15 to all mortars. I chose 2% because I use ballpark. I also think that the flat damage added becomes useless at higher levels.
    Mortimer lv17 is 2% area vs 10% cooldown on standard. I don't use standard so that is an easy choice for me.
    Sinklair lv12 is 2% area vs 5% cooldown for swift. Hard choice but I went with swift since I use it and its the more powerful upgrade.
    Sinklair lv29 is 2% area vs 10% bandage. Not here yet but bandage all the way, no competition. (unless you dont use bandage).
    Buzzkill lv11 is 2% point vs 5% stun duration. Hardest one yet. I picked 2% because I think that stun duration gets high enough to be useful by other means, and that in the long run the 2% will pay back more.
    Buzzkill lv17 is 2% point vs 5% tesla shield hp. Not here yet but I may pick 2% again because of the same reasons, that shield hp is found elsewhere so 5% should be minor.
    Buzzkill lv27 is 2% point vs 10% tesla shield duration. Not here yet but I would pick duration since its not something that can be improved easily.

One final comment on talents. Is it me or do you wish every level had an option to increase gold and sugar rewards. I dislike the levels where you have no choice and they force a talent on you that you may never use.

Interested in feedback for the above and any other hard talent tree decisions you had to make and why. It might help me to avoid dilemmas in the future.

2. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

I use the Enforcer as well...One of the tough choices I have is in Isak's tree; I primarily use the Frost Blaster, but am also entertaining Grenades....I also don't like this tree because there are also Enforcer upgrades competing with weapons an Enforcer would most likely use. So I guess you have to choose between a combination of yellow and red items to get the maximum benefit.
    If you want Grenades then pick tesla bolt for the stun (if you prefer stunning opponents), if frost launcher then tesla shield and not grenades (and OB and or Nitro - less damage/flee combo). That's probably why a lot of Enforcers use Blast Cannon it would be unaffected by those tree items. I also use the Flare Gun which competes with Enforcer speed guess which talent I have to sacrifice on that (hint. not Enforcers speed).

The Enforcer does allow for dynamic changes, thank goodness you can retrain the tech tree to suit your play style as you grow. If anyone has a more unique build for Enforcer I'd like to see it here.

Personally, I don't go for sugar perks unless i absolutely won't use the competing items ever. I just don't find that particular perk useful especially when you are in battle what matters and how you bring in more sugar and gold is the amount of damage, kills or support combined with a win...IMO it's just better to buff the items you use to help you acquire the resources you need. But early in the game I guess sugar could be useful.

Jasper21 and Babablacksheep like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Early in Bhurts tree there a choice between 10 points to BC, or +50hp. As a speeder, running BC, I really want to max out my main weapon, but I also really really need the hp.

Originally, I went with BC, but then I retrained it to HP. I think that works better, for now, but I can see myself possibly retraining it again in the future.

4. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

I’m using grenade but not frost blaster. If you try to balance them, both would be weak. When I get mk6 enforcer I will consider adding frost blaster to my setup, but currently I’m going for grenade all the way.

Out of topic: Does grenade deal more damage when it gets a direct hit, just like mortar does? Also, does grenade deal increased damage to frozen target?

Last edited: 27 Sep 2017
  5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

• If you plan to use a yellow boat focus on Dr. Buzzkill, you will thank yourself in the long run.
    • If you plan on using defender focus on Brock and Blastian.
    • If you plan on using shooter focus on Bhurt and Blastian.
    • If you plan on using fixer focus on Felix.
    Rest is all preference, or which item you want to evolve to tier 3/4 quickest

6. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    One of the most conflicting tree for me is speeder/carronade which is a courtesy of swift.
    Carronade is something which works really well with speeder, and on the other hand if you solely focus upgrading it you miss the upgrades on your boat.
    For me buzzkill is hard too since i use railgun on speeder and miss some of the tesla stuff.

However some setups are completely independent (non-conflicting) and hence are best.

USS_ironsides likes this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Buzzkill increases fixer HP and speed
    Better bhurt and mortimer, because mortimer gives HP to shooter

ISAK AND BURNICE - help enforcer
    SWIFT AND SINKLAIR(not very significant) - for speeder

These are basic ones, but as you said it all goes down to preferences..