1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torps shouldnt do splash damage to back side...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fix-it, 31 Oct 2017.

1. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    It should do splash damage only the face that it hit. You cant even take cover to wait your ob...
    I take cover at wayward pains and they shoot torp to wall bc It will hit me even if I am back of the wall...

2. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Easy solution for now is to just never be too close to walls, but I agree that they shouldn't hit through walls.

AoiTenshi and Scourge Argaen like this.
  3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I think that should apply generally to anything doing splash / area damage. I.e. If the centre point of a mortar weapon hits on the opposite side of a wall to you, it should be blocked by the wall.

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yep, I suggested this already a long time ago. It's one of the few weak points of this game imo. Cover should be cover, and not have half the weapons in the game hit you through the wall. It's dumb. The problem is most obvious with big torp.

Babablacksheep and b1zzyone like this.
  5. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

agree with you

6. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

No it's perfectly fine. How it should be.
    ~totally non bias Big torp user :rolleyes:

7. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Well when you think about it, isn't it stupid that we can break the thin walls with explosives. o_O
    Anyway, in my opinion, I'd say splash damage throught thin walls is okay as normally the wall would collapse and damage you but throught thick walls it should not do anything (as in quite many situations it won't) so I don't think this needs fixing, at least not more than reducing damage taken throught wall hits.

Just my opinion so don't start a fight as it won't help anyone here :D

EDIT: I'm not mainly any splash damage weapon user (quests are different story :p)

Last edited: 2 Nov 2017
  8. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

It like saying big berta shouldn't be doing 600 700 damage while being on the edge red circle. As much as its annoying weapon it is designed to do the same thing a big huge splash damage with crawling speed.

9. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Little known fact:any splash weapon:mortars,napalms(yes,the flame go through wall), Torps,mines(if deployed near wall and someone blow it up),repair pulse, e cannon blah blah
    Can splash through walls if it hit near or at the walland you're right at the other side of the wall

10. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

And another thing, big torp of unfriend shouldn't trigger and do splash when another unfriend enemy ship hits it.

11. Infinity[on]

Infinity[on] Member

hehe sound like you complaining .....or is this a April fools joke ? p

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I dunno, I feel that’s a legitimate strategy. If I’m close to an unfriend (which I frequently am) and I see an obviously friendly torpedo coming towards us, then I’ll try to catch it on my hull and splash them.

13. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    yeah complaining about those thin walls. If we cant take cover with them, then why do they exist?

14. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Behind,walls,rocks,and other terrain the damage should be negated. If your crazy enough to get close enough to an unfriendly and their mates have the sense to hit their teammate to blast you to the bottom of the bay, then that is on you bro!

Turkett

Miathan likes this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

To block point damage weapons not splash. That's why you should have variety of weapons. Get my point?

16. Babablacksheep

I had this experience in wayward pains and it is a close combat fight. Speeder cruises just near to you and suddenly you have lost half Hp, because he hit enemy torp. So, It doesn't happen only when you rush.so don't make any speculation about me rushing lol, I m a long range shooter, I rarely rush into enemy

17. Babablacksheep

Using a weapon's various aspects is always a strategy. Hitting a torp to nearby obstacles, shipwrecks or unfriendly ship is a strategy of taking advantage of its Huge radius. Well it's smart in fact, but no to other splash damage weapon of opposition is triggered by unfriendly ships.

18. ViscountSniffit

I’m pretty sure the Exploding Cannon will still exploded if it hits a friendly.

Most other area weapons don’t have a trigger. The only one I can think of that works differently is the mine.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Babablacksheep

Mine of unfriendly cannot be triggered my unfriendly ships

20. ViscountSniffit

That’s what I said. The mine is the only one that works differently (probably because it would be useless if your own ship set them off). Every other weapon is blocked/detonated by friendly ships.