1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torpedoes question

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by JediKnight1968, 23 Jul 2018.

Tags:
  1. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Hi.
    I have a question regarding torpedoes. I've noticed that when they aim torpedoes at me and position my self for the torpedoes to pass by me the torpedoes explode even though I was not a their path and I'm looking straight ahead (confirmed from watching replays all angles). Also watched torpedoes go by teammates, move 1-1,5 ship lengths behind them and then an explosion coming right on the ship.
    Other times I move diagonally and the torpedo passes right next me on the same distance as before but nothing happens.

Is there a proximity variable on the explosion??, random??, bug???

Thanks for the input.

2. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

It’s lag

3. JediKnight1968

Lag on the replay??

4. JediKnight1968

Lag on the replay ??

5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

When someone shoots a torp at you, that shot is being tracked on your device (phone or tablet) and also Rovio’s servers (located in USA).

There is a minuscule time delay between what your device sees and what the servers see (because communication is not instantaneous, there is a small lag)

So your device sees a torp coming to hit you, but because of your dodging thinks you’ve just missed it. However, in reality, the torp was in a slightly different position due to the information time lag). The server thinks it hits you. And when there’s a conflict between server and your device, the servers version of events wins.

Lag is usually bigger the further away from the servers you are.

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

So when you press the menu button in game, you’ll see a ping number at the bottom of the menu. This is your lag value. The bigger it is, the worse the issue is.

Players in India (for example) have very bad lag, which players in USA generally have the lowest. It can also be affected by your own personal broadband quality too.

What's Up Player likes this.
  7. JediKnight1968

Thanks
    Thanks for the info.
    It doesnt make my life easier but good to know. I will try and leave bigger distance.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, that’s all you can do. It’s frustrating but we all just learn to live with it.

9. JediKnight1968

142 ms. Good or bad?

10. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    Decent I'd say. Much better than my average 300+... (I'm from South East Asia) The BB servers are located at the East coast of USA if I'm not wrong, so generally the further you are, the worse your ping would be.

11. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m in UK at 102 ms at the moment, but it does fluctuate throughout the day.

12. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    good lenguage. like me. (hint hint)
    i get a *bad* ping
    of
    25-30
    but i still lose!
    /roastme

13. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Yay, I live on East coast of USA.