1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torpedo

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Eldyl, 22 Aug 2018.

?

Should Torp Splash Damage Re Removed?

1. Yes! Please Remove it!

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No! It is a key part of the torp game

36 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

1. Difference of opinion in this. In areas with little or no waves and in mortar view yes I can spot them most of the time, but if playing with cannons and/or big waves then most of the time you first get hit and then you say "aaahhh a torpedo ..."
    2. Big bertha is slow as hell, has area damage, you can see where it will land and is still less 10-15% less powered than a big torpedo that does damage behind walls. I can understand area damage in both mortars and torpedoes but not behind walls (this I must say defies laws of physics).
    3. same as mortars but nowhere near the power on them
    4. from the number of people using torpedoes all the way I see no problem aiming them.

I would be really happy if there was some warning of a torpedo coming your way like mortar/missiles have. Maybe a line showing the path and the direction and with the intensity or thickness of the line indicating how close it is.

2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

No

3. JediKnight1968

LOL Ilike an answer with good reasoning.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Can u send me a screen shot of main setup?

5. JediKnight1968

send you a message with pic

6. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think if anyone thinks that something is OP, they should try using it themselves and see if it changes their mind. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won’t, but you’ll have a greater appreciation of both sides of the argument.

Nam_Nam, PastelPiku and Nicolas like this.
  7. JediKnight1968

Yeah you're right. I'm not ashamed to say that tried using torpedoes and failed miserably.
    It seems that I can predict when and where I should fire a cannon but in torpedoes I'm a complete idiot

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I went through that stage, you'll soon get an eye for it. Biggest tip I can think of, is to aim towards walls/boulders/wrecks etc if there's a nearby enemy - you might get some tasty splash damage

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The important thing is knowing how to look at the map, as @Aether_Zero pointed out.

Torps need you to look in a horizontal sense of perception, altitude does not matter. Leading is REALLY huge, and most of the time, the leading you do will be in vain when the opponent sees your torp. The key here is looking at their turrets and aiming where they are not looking. A reversing target will almost always get hit by a well-led torp.

You need to be capable of taking one look at the target area and knowing how people in the area are affected by splash damage.

10. JediKnight1968

Maybe its my old age but I cant seem to have the patience for this type of gun.
    Even some of the mortars seem too slow for me (except long range maybe)
    I seem to enjoy more the instant gratification of cannons press button - gotcha.
    I only tolerate blast cannon (which is my main weapon) for the damage it does.

11. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    In all fairness, wildfire torps are just torp crits, but they're stronger than mortar crits and buff cannons. Just saying.

12. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Buts that's the perk. Fire crit wasn't really meant to be a part of the torpedoes' main purpose.

Aether_Zero and PastelPiku like this.