1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Torpedo Issue!

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Speedforcer✌️, 7 Sep 2018.

Tags:
  1. I am a hard torp user especially big torps.
    It is almost impossible to land torpedoes now.
    I rarely land some torps by accident!
    I love shooter and speeder. When I'm taking frost torp on my speeder I rarely hit one torp and the next second I'm dead!
    This extra agility is ruining my torp combo.
    I am very good at aiming torps and now it is hell for me! My T4 Epic Torps are now useless!
    I can't play this game with all cannon!
    I know the projectile has increased a bit but still it is not effective at all!

Devs, Please Fix This ASAP!

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

It is psychological.
    Lots of people are loving torps right now, some have even claimed are hitting MORE than usual.
    Also with the recent balances people are now saying speeder agility is the best it has ever been.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

What do you mean by increased projectile thou ?

4. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

+10% projectile speed for all torps

Reorge likes this.
  5. Nicolas

I use torps on my main shooter setup.
    It's so easy to avoid them now. (Defenders can easily avoid torps now.)
    Agility was increased 100% to 200% for some ships. Projectile speed was only improved by +10%.

The problem is that most players are used to old enemy agility/torp projectile speed, so some players are missing majority of their shots. It might take them some time to get used to this new projectile speed/agility.
    I don't face any problem with my torps now. It's harder to hit far targets than what it used to be before 3.2, since enemies have enough time to notice/avoid the torp.
    Here are some tricks to land more torps:
    For Far targets:
    • Throw torps towards grouped enemies: Specially if there is a fixer. He will be busy healing his teammates, and he won't have time to notice ur incoming torp)
    • Aim for shipwrecks, floaters, walls... It might be hard to hit a far enemy using a big torpedo now, so take advantage of his mistakes. Use splash dmg against him.
    • Control ur enemies while throwing the torpedo: If you have any fire bomb/ mortars/ swift torp/ anything can be helpful to keep ur enemies next to a wall or to distract them. (railgun can be useful to keep ur enemies in low waves, so it will take them more time to notice the incoming torpedo).

For close targets:
    • Make sure to hit ur enemy with an unexpected torpedo: Don't throw torps towards the enemy if ur not 100% sure that it will hit them (Just for close targets). Let him get into a safe distance, then let him eat your torpedo. Don't take too much time while aiming! Remember this is a surprise to your enemy, so make sure to predict his movements before selecting the torpedo. If he see a torp on your ship before getting into the safe distance or if it takes you too long to throw the torp towards him, then you will be in trouble. Again, don't give him any hint that you're going to throw a torp.
    • Anything can be useful for splash dmg: use ur teammates, shipwrecks, walls... to hit your enemy.
    • If you're a pro with torps and if you can hit an enemy without a clear vision on him: Stay in low waves, so u can make sure that he is behind a high wave. Now, it will be so easy to hit ur target, since he can see your ship, so you have enough time to predict his movements.

Speedforcer✌️ and Reorge like this.
  6. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Ok i was not aware of it, but where does it say that ?

7. Nicolas

8. So we are not getting any more projectile speed on torps a that's what are you saying?

9. Nicolas

No, we will probably get a dmg + torp projectile speed perk in the next event.
    _20180907_183608.JPG
    This boy isn't maxed out yet.

10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think the increased agility will impact upon a number of weapons and will undoubtedly change the balance between them.
    I am sure that Devs will be looking for these changes, but I doubt there's enough information at this point to justify a buff.
    I think the next couple of weeks will be interesting to see if the balance of weapons/ships has changed. I'll be watching with interest.

Nicolas likes this.
  11. I just hope so!
    It would be awesome to play if they fix some unbalanced thing and make the game more balanced than ever!
    Thanks For The Info:)

12. Nicolas

I don't know if u checked the survey that I created couple days ago.
    There was a specific part of my survey addressing some specific weapons.
    (Torps-Mortars-... slow projectile weapons + long range weapons Railgun-Sniper-...)
    I collected general feedback of ppl about these specific weapons and how their accuracy was affected.
    I noticed a huge drop in long range accuracy for 87% of players...
    This is a small sample of the feedback.

Attached Files:

13. Devs must look at this sample and should have some serious discussions!

14. Nicolas

I already shared data with devs

15. Hope to get some good news ASAP!