1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

To scout or not to scout, that is the question

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Clarsach, 5 May 2018.

1. Clarsach

Clarsach Member

So I’m a n00b speeder, hanging in around 1200 infamy, mk4 carronade/EC overboost/nitro. Anyway, I’ve been reading strategy guides, and they all seem to say “go out at the start, find the enemy and the shooters will get their shots in”. What happens instead is that I buzz by, no one shoots said enemy, and instead everyone seems to lock on me for the next minute.

Seems to work better to hold back in reserve until enemy contact then run out, flank, get the fixer from behind, etc

Am I just doing it wrong?

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, first off. You HAVE to be right about your approximation. Your team must have firing angles and good sniper and mortar range on the enemy team before you go scout.

Second. You must be a mk4, yes? Only use your overboost when scouting, and always have an escape route in mind. Never spend your nitro, save it for enemy contact and getting into cover.

Third. Always have a location in mind when running away. In my case, it's an area that satisfies three conditions:

1. Enemies must not have a direct line of sight to you, making you invisible on radar.

2. You must have your team in front of you in case a speeder comes along for your scalp.

3. You must be able to take potshots at the enemy from that location.

Check this out.

Watch from 3:10 for the tutorial

3. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

I never scout as a speeder main.
    The only time I would scout would be if I were running OB, nitro, turbo, and Big Shield, and I had a non-selfish fixer on my team, so that way I know I can make it back and not be dead.