1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Another season finished. One Defender player only player made top 100. Not even top 50. Oberst.
    All other players in top 200 played other boats. And occasionally a defender guild quests. I myself made top 250.
    In top 250. We had a total of 3 Defender only or as primary boat.

This is getting silly.

Next season end anyone who is good at it.... Please do a season recap of all boats in top 100. @Kitterini @Weeze

The idea isn't why this boat is underused...but why it's so imballanced.

Defender is one easy boats to 1vs1 from other boats. Or at least unfriend boat can choose to run away. Or stun the defender. Or shoot 5 weapons over and over.

New Meta info
    ..there are now Multiple legendary weapons on the bay ....and they are all getting duplicated within the next 3 weeks. Thanks to 10mil Devs gift for damage. These Weapons will get more powerful.
    My 18k h.p. gets carved up stupid fast.
    Heaven help The mk5 or mk6 defender going against Legendary t2 and t3 and t4 weapons coming up soon.
    The stats For Defender won't stand up to this.
    Ie the boat is Not living up to it's developer concept. Adjust please.

#Buff Big Blue

@The Grim Repair

2. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Hence the easiest way to buff defenders is to make blue items have 20% more effectiveness on defenders. Why? Because currently blue items don't scale in proportion to weapons, a std shield can get shot with a blast cannon just once or twice to get its value erased, while the blast cannon can be used after another 11 seconds. And defenders have tons of blue slots, and is a big giant slow "hit me target" with only 3 weapons. It's no wonder defender is the worst ship.

*JAWS* likes this.
  3. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey I generally agree that looking at balance is always something to do -

just throwing another thought out there: it is very likely that many people just have "more fun" using speeder or other boat, because they like to be faster.
    I talked with some friends and they dont play fixer either just because it's "slow" in their minds. A big part of choosing your boat is simply preference.

(id like to point out that my addition here does not invalidate your points ;) )

Hokuse, w@x, What's Up Player and 5 others like this.
  4. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

No I and many of my friends would personally prefer to play defender a lot but the boat requires so much money to make it decent enough to be even playable is insane.
    If you go by rare shields ( std and big ) you are almost 6k health shy if compared to 20k health if epic ones.
    Imho the boat would be used a lot of something can be done to close this health gap make it more f2p.

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree with @Crashedup here. I'd like to add, enfo was also good before it got a buff. However it needed some massive cash input to make it nightmare-viable. That is the nature of the issue for most defenders, I think.

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

False, That's 8.6K hp with just 1 shield equipped Screenshot_20180227-174915~2.png Screenshot_20180227-174750.png
    I m sure if you equip 1 standard+1 big shield your Mk5 defender can easily reach 8k with a bandage

A F2P mk6 defender can Upto 13K HP with all rares and equip a bandage in addition. Being a p2w makes a great difference, but it applies in most of the boats except fixers

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Nope
    Sorry, but I still grind ole blue. I am looking to speeder or enforcer because I just get evaporated now. Most of the time I am half hp or less before I can even get in range to fire a shot. Defender is so not fun with all the super weapons and perks everyone has now The enforcer spam take two shots to break a shield and if lucky i get in one shot! Te last two patches killed defemder the fire damage took away tons and now the EC cool down killed defenders only true saving grace. The range was ok to shorten but i get one shot and then hope I don't die for fourteen seconds before i get another! Oh and by George you best make sure you NEVER miss ashit ever!!!!! Uggh so frustrating. The doulble shield fat banana sounds better and better every second don't it! So sad for big blue!

Turkett

8. MobyD1ckXXL

MobyD1ckXXL New Member

love this post. well thought out and great solutions. As a defender, albeit not Nightmare quality yet, I find the same issues - the boat is large (I eat mines that others cruise around effortlessly and am also a juicy target) and it's cumbersome turn radius and slow turret make close quarters combat vs speedier, more agile boats comical - and, isn't that the very nature of a defender? Where range is limited by speed, it's should be a brawling bruiser in confines of a melee, in my humble opinion. FYI I do use an epic t3 rudder with epic perks, which is helpful.
    Possible solution:
    Add a blue slot, but set a max shield allowance (3?), forcing defenders to ulitlize the extra slot for the under-utilized and unpopular gear lube and rudder....

Last edited: 27 Feb 2018
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Defenders that are F2P are just shooters with less weps most of the time, while those piloted by P2Ps are hulking floating fortresses with 20k HP. This imbalance, I think, takes out the hype of having the ability to just get out there and shoot 'em in the face.

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Just asked f2p defender( who has been playing this game since 2 yrs ) with all epic hp perks and his health is 16.9 hp for mk7 defender.
    Asked a P2w defender he had 21k health with 7 less epic health perk.
    So that's easily 4.8k health right there secondly finding epic perks is most difficult part of building a defender and that's what makes it the costliest boat to play with so a f2p will have to equip rare HP perks and that makes up for additional 1200 HP so saying we f2p defenders are 6k health shy is not wrong or false.
    Thirdly with every other you have good features like agility and speed which help you in dodging shots and evading Torps etc etc but since blue boat has no such ability it needs to have monster hp and f2p can't get that so they don't have any interest in playing the boat for f2p it's a bully without any power.
    @The Grim Repair pls make epic perks easily available or simply reduce the dependency of health of shield so much on epic shield perks so that it's becomes within the reach of f2p so we can see more blue boat in the bay

*JAWS* likes this.
  11. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

This is just my personal opinion, but on average nightmare defenders just don't have enough HP to play the tank roll "Well". There isnt enough 4 shields 1 turbo defenders. Most defenders I see have between 13-17k HP mk6 and sometimes even 7.
    It is very often you see 8k HP plus shooters and really defenders get shredded way too fast. Honestly multiple bandages dont do that much because it's always burst damage in higher leagues. I would say we give defenders a HP buff so that we can make 20K+ hp defenders more common. Either that or we give them default damage resistance so they can tank better.

12. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I totally agree. I think all ship hit points need a bit of looking into. Ships are getting shot down so fast nowadays. Plus, I’m a bit confused on why the stats worsen whenever you upgrade your ship. I know the answer is gonna be, “ because you should have the items to make up for the difference by upgrade time.” But no, I won’t accept that, if it’s a better ship, everything should be better.

Maybe allow every ship so defense. They are ships by the way. Right?

*JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.
  13. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah, enforcers have become very overpowered. They have such high mobility that makes it easy fro the most to dodge everything, however, enforcer mk5 feels a bit weak, maybe giving it another blue slot point? Idk.

I feel like speeders have been relaly punished in this game. I know they were the boat to play because they were so fun and so deadly. But I think the hp nerf for speeder needs to turn into a buff, we die so fast. Plus, why did you nerf the frost and not the flare. You hurt one half of the speeders in the community with that awesome combo and not the flare gun speeders? Not fair

I like the idea for a frost duration nerf to defenders.

Fixers die too fast, buff the repair pulse it’s a town slot weapon for heck’s sake.

Enforcers as I mentioned are fine but the mk 5 one seems almost impossible to play because of its low health

Shooters are way too overpowered with their cannons and everything. Plus I miss the old wayward pains. We

*JAWS* likes this.
  14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Fire combo was nerfed at the same time as frost combo. Not as much of a nerf, obviously, but it was.

15. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

Why don’t we talk about removing the defense cap or increasing it for defender and buffing defense perks. This would allow them to become more tanky. Defender is currently the only one that can really capitalize on defense since they have access to more blue perk slots.

16. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I think every ship needs an hp buff so they aren't so reliant on shields.

17. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah well it wasn’t good enough

18. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

Yeah, and then the other boue items can be used

19. w@x

w@x Member

Buff big blue agility and turret speed and leave the rest alone. What is there to nerf on a shooter? Enforcer double bubble is a problem but they needed their last buff.

20. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

What do you mean what is there to nerf on a shooter? They are so overpowered! Way too much health and agility now, plus, their defense is insane.