1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

The devs will likely not add slots or slot points for defender. So why not buff the effects of blue items on the defender? All blue items equipped on defender will be 20% more effective than its orginal value, so players can get to choose if they want more speed, hp, agility, or regeneration.

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Every ship only has 8 items, so giving it a yellow one would mean sacrificing a red or blue slot. However, I think it's weird that the only crowd control defenders can use are napalms and mines. Usually tanks are the big boys of crowd control, with knockups, stuns, and more. If adding a yellow slot were to happen, I'd say to take out a blue slot, but keep the same amount of slot points so you can rock 2 big shields if you want.

Hokuse, *JAWS*, The Otherguy and 2 others like this.
  3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's what I was thinking when I mused about a new color just for them filled with various damage mitigation abilities.

*JAWS* and The Otherguy like this.
  4. PastelPiku

Security
    I'm thinking of all the possibilites that would open up from just a single point. Their uses would be so different on a defender.
    • Overboost/Nitro - Lead the charge
    • Tesla Bolt - Stun one unfriend while you focus another
    • Frost Blaster - Helps chase unfriends
    You could even use an overboost in place of a turbo if you desperately want all 5 blue slots.

*JAWS* likes this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If the Defender, which was underused before, but due to a weapon nerf the ship becomes unusable, it is probably the case that the weapon was OP but that the ship has always been UP. Similarly if it is the case that the speeder was OP before but is no longer (I definitely wouldn’t say it is UP) then it is the weapons that got nerfed that we’re OP not the speeder.
    The important thing is to understand whether it is the ship or the weapon that was OP.
    I would certainly support a box size reduction for Defender and/or faster turret as I think the defender as a base is UP

*JAWS* and PastelPiku like this.
  6. PastelPiku

Security
    I think a faster turret could help balance the issue of being immobile. If you can aim, you can shoot. If you can't aim or move, you're screwed in close range combat, which is usually the case for defenders.

*JAWS* likes this.
  7. SP4KKO

SP4KKO New Member

[QUOTE = "TheAntiSnipe, post: 102042, membro: 8059"] Wow, post superbo!

Supporta gli appassionati di difensore al 100%, conosco la frustrazione di prendere colpi super duri. La difesa non è cresciuta veloce come l'offesa sulla baia, personalmente la penso così.

Tuttavia, gli enfos non sono OP, ma con abbastanza denaro freddo, finiscono per diventare OP. Per favore, non nerf enfo, nerf il tesshield epico e leggendario (o) buff raro, è una nave così divertente da giocare!

Anche il 100% è d'accordo sul problema del tiratore. Quella nave merita un nerf. I tiratori ci hanno deriso troppo a lungo. [/ CITAZIONE]

[QUOTE = "TheAntiSnipe, post: 102042, membro: 8059"] Wow, post superbo!

Supporta gli appassionati di difensore al 100%, conosco la frustrazione di prendere colpi super duri. La difesa non è cresciuta veloce come l'offesa sulla baia, personalmente la penso così.

Tuttavia, gli enfos non sono OP, ma con abbastanza denaro freddo, finiscono per diventare OP. Per favore, non nerf enfo, nerf il tesshield epico e leggendario (o) buff raro, è una nave così divertente da giocare!

Anche il 100% è d'accordo sul problema del tiratore. Quella nave merita un nerf. I tiratori ci hanno deriso troppo a lungo. [/ QUOTE]
    Non c'è bisogno di Nerfare il Tesla scudo, basta modificare i punti slot da 2a 3 . Così gli Enforcer usano un solo scudo invece di due , e gli Speder , che hanno 4 punti slot , ci pensano bene prima di usarlo . Questo sarebbe un buon bilanciamento..

8. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Ummmm correcto (Now what is he trying to say?)

Terry Morgan and The Otherguy like this.
  9. PastelPiku

Security
    Google Translate, my dude.
    I thought at first, no wait, the speeder... but then I kept reading it and honestly, it sounds alright. This would mean that the only time a speeder could effectively use a tesla shield, it could only have 1 other item, but they get more blue slots, so you get a bandage or another shield if you want that sustainability. The enforcer, on the other hand, can still use a tesla shield and have 2 more items, or a tesla shield and a frost launcher. Not bad.

Edit: Actually, if you make it 3 points, it deserves a buff of some sort. It has to be good enough that a speeder at mk6 would give up the ability to use 3 yellow items.

Another Edit (I keep pondering on this topic and can't leave this post lol): Wouldn't this justify mk5 enforcer's 2 slots with 4 points?

Last edited: 19 Feb 2018
  10. SP4KKO

SP4KKO New Member

[QUOTE = "PastelPiku, post: 102493, membro: 16837"] Google Translate, my dude.
    All'inizio ho pensato, senza aspettare, lo speeder ... ma poi ho continuato a leggerlo e onestamente, suona bene. Ciò significherebbe che l'unica volta in cui uno speeder potrebbe usare efficacemente uno scudo di tesla, potrebbe avere solo un altro oggetto, ma ottengono più slot blu, così si ottiene una benda o un altro scudo se si desidera tale sostenibilità. L'esecutore, d'altra parte, può ancora usare uno scudo di tesla e avere altri 2 oggetti, o uno scudo di tesla e un lanciatore di gelo. Non male.

Edit: In realtà, se lo fai 3 punti, merita un buff di qualche tipo. Deve essere abbastanza buono che uno speeder di mk6 rinuncerebbe alla possibilità di usare 3 oggetti gialli.

Un altro Edit (continuo a riflettere su questo argomento e non posso lasciare questo post lol): questo non giustificherebbe le 2 slot dell'enforcer mk5 con 4 punti? [/ QUOTE]

11. SP4KKO

SP4KKO New Member

L'Enforcer e lo Speder, hanno bisogno di essere bilanciati ..Grazie al Tesla scudo queste due barche hanno troppi vantaggi ..Già è difficile colpirli ... Figlio già forti, mettendo il Tesla scudo a 3 punti, un po 'si ridimensiona il loro dominio..e non c'è bisogno di nessun buff .. Lo Speder va lontano Delle scelte .. e L'Enforcer si riesce un colpire. Per chi sa giocare , non cambia niente

12. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Speak English please! Forums are English only

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Maybe if if it only does half healing. (Imagine a def with a t5 duct-tape and 13k health, now imagine 2 with a fixer. Coming for you... Nightmare inducing)

14. PastelPiku

Security
    just 1 tho

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. PastelPiku

Security
    I gotchu man.
    @SP4KKO
    Ho fatto un altro thread per la tua idea, è una grande idea secondo me, ma sta scendendo un po 'dall'argomento di questo thread. Continua l'idea, hai il mio sostegno!

PS se puoi, le persone apprezzerebbero se tu potessi tradurre i tuoi post in inglese, così molti di noi potranno leggerli. Io uso Google Traduttore.
    I made another thread for your idea, it's a great idea in my opinion but it's falling a little off of this thread's topic. Keep the idea going there, you have my support!

PS if you can, people would appreciate if you could translate your posts to english so more of us can read it. I use Google Translate.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Just my opinion as a defender main- fix the hitbox, maybe make bandages do % instead of points, and call it done. I don't think it needs big changes. If my hitbox/pixel ratio was for ex. the same as a shooter's it would be worth a significant boost in infamy. To restate, not asking to shrink the boat, just asking for the hitbox to be somewhere near the onscreen size of the boat.

PastelPiku, *JAWS* and Babablacksheep like this.
  17. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Fantastic ideas!
    @The Grim Repair @Dmg don

Last edited: 20 Feb 2018
    Trium, Terry Morgan and The Otherguy like this.
  18. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

Seems to me like a good opportunity to rework the Defensive stat to give the Defender something unique which no other ship can come close to replicating. As it currently stands the Defensive stat only decreases damage. How about the Defensive stat also giving bonuses to self heal, reduction on status effects (fire,tesla,frost, etc), further reduced damage from aoe weapons unless it's a direct hit (morters/torp), etc.

To me the Defender is meant to be a Tank, yes he is slow, but he should be able to shrug off things which cause problems for other ships. The point is, the enemies shouldn't want to waste their goodies on the Defender since they should affect him less.

But the way it is at the moment the Defender is just a very easy target for everyones goodies. However I dont want the spirit of the ship to changed into just a copy cat of the another ship by giving more speed or turret agility. Thats why I think the Defense stat is the key since no other ship would be able to stack it like the Defender.

HeroicBubbles and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  19. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

But now I could use my leggy ductape for something lol

The Otherguy and *JAWS* like this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Haha must be nice to see defenders with only 13k health.

The Otherguy likes this.