1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Ticket timer balancing Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 8 Jun 2018.

1. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

I totally agree with you. I have also experienced it. Devs should look into the matter closely.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

when people tag @Zues, does @Zeus get a notification?

3. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    nope

YourDomina, *JAWS*, Ultrah and 8 others like this.
  4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

nope :)
    He just reads everything regardless!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

He definitely won't given the name is spelt wrong :p

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Maybe one day he’ll reply too...

Shadow Moon! and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  7. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Why would i spoil the surprise of the stars when you can progress to it and see for yourself? :)

8. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Could you further explain on the question I have raised? Confusions are being spread that 48 tickets a day X 3 = 144 tickets which can't equate to getting a legendary perk.

9. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Depends on your average star gain and matches played simply.

You have a base of 5, and an ability to gain 144 free tickets = 149 tickets total. Let's say you use them at 50% efficiency, which means you end up with 74,5, round it up to 75 for simplicitys sake.

With 75 matches, you need an average of 1,66 stars/match to reach the legendary perk.

Again though, this number changes based on how well you perform and how many tickets you actually use.

Ultrah, Miathan, Hokuse and 1 other person like this.
  10. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

How does that help when comparing to the first event,
    the wait time is doubled , where else the stars requirements are reduced by approximately 29%?

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

In first event somebody got 5 LEGENDARY perks, clearly they had to change something.
    Changed to wins and we were all in agreement it was the worst, so they listened and changed again.
    Crunching the numbers, it looks feasible to get a legendary perk, but will be harder.

12. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    Because your effective playtime was not halved, as you waste more tickets eg. during the night with the old system than this one.

Miathan and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    There's people who say the devs don't listen. Here's their proof that they do listen.

14. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

No it depends more on how the team performs, in the 3v3 last week I got 7 kills, double the amount of damage of anyone else on my team and we still lost so just because an individual performs well doesn’t mean team will win. That means unless u really lucky to get good teams all the time it is unlikely u will win half your games..

Also increasing the timer to 30 minutes for ticket regen punishes f2p unfairly and rewards p2p who can but the gems, so once again the devs show they only want money before game balance(yes I fully understand you need to make a profit but without the f2p players there wouldn’t be enough players to keep the other players in the game).

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  15. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

You lost me there. Based on my understanding, i lose double the tickets with the old system as compared to now , but i gain more game play time during the day.

When you calculate the loss of "Opportunity to play" at night , you cannot disregard the "Opportunity to play" at the day time.

Doesnt looks right to me.

16. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Agree totally, under this new system you get less tickets while you are awake so u play less games, hence lose chances to gain stars so less chance of getting leg perks.

All this equals forcing us to use pearls and will widen the gap between p2p and f2p

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  17. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

In retrospect, the win battle is the most unbiased way , where else stars favour defenders & Shooters. Personally i am a shooter.

Some may argue that the noob players are a burden/leech/obstacle towards the win, but isnt that how the infamy system works as well.

Spinners71 likes this.
  18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Can you play while you're at work? Or at school? Or reading a book? Or playing basketball with your friends? They gave us the opportunity of having the utmost fun with the game and still have quality on our lives

What's Up Player and Ash KOT like this.
  19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This event requires stars, not wins.
    So if you perform well, you can still earn stars and progress.
    If they had disregarded the opportunity to play in the day time also, then we would have seen no reduction in stars.
    They reduced the requirement by 29% to compensate for the matches you are losing in the day.

20. HÜLK

HÜLK Member

PHP/NGiNX Programmer
    My suggestion is:
    • Stars instead of wins (like it is now)
    • 1 x round of each event so those who made it up to Legendary then is over.
    • Option to change each perk you got from each level with pearls with the same amount or a bit more like when you want to remove it from items.
    • Tickets 5(free) + unlimited purchased with options like guild boosts to use paid or free. (Balance on that is the 1 x round of whole event)
    That will be fair for all who do not have time to spent on deathmatch and the only limitation is that you get 1 perk only.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 8 Jun 2018