1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Ticket timer balancing Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 8 Jun 2018.

1. American Marauder

American Marauder Well-Known Member

CEO of The Skins Factory
    Because buying them and getting them free should never counteract one another. Say i buy 5 when i run out but get called away. 30 minutes passes by and i lose out on a free ticket. Why?

If i play at the 31 minute mark, then that means i lost out on a ticket. The 30 minutes works better than the 15 minutes in terms of losing tickets, but still. It's like Gold and Sugar overage. Once you buy 5 you should show 10.

2. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

It all depends by how much they have changed the requirements compared to when it was 15mins per ticket. For me they have gone back to stars which was easier and tested this knowing those who try hard enough should get a leg perk

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

No, but it should be worth ‘something’. I don’t consistently get all those ‘last hits’ by fluke. I actively hunt down damaged ships that got away, and complete the kill (that’s what Speeders do). When you take down as many kills as the rest of your team put together, it’s obvious that you ‘contributed’ a lot to the win. That is not being reflected in the rewards.

4. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Thank you for thinking about us!

732378DE-F02A-4BD0-B456-EB56DC3E23A5.png

Poor Fixers though lol

5. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

30MIN ONE TICKET,
    lol i finished 5 tickets in 20min and seen still tickets countdown and came to forum....seen the new announcement.
    now its good,

But this makes hard to win leg perks. and always we have to wait for 2+ hrs to refill 5 tickets.
    if tickets load like before, then we may have taken rest because they refill in few min, we may not bothered about it much & played when ever we need.
    but now we have to keep on observing for tickets every 2hr, which is restless.
    where we cannot play peacefully, when we have enough time for games.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Unsatisfactory

We have to utilize now every ticket, else we cannot earn leg perks.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2018
  6. Thorgal__

Thorgal__ New Member

Hi
    It’s 2 times longer with this system , you are playing , for some during day :) , with half number of ticket ... And when you wake up u have still ur 5 tickets like last time . Or it will push players to not sleep to finish the event or to buy an incredible number of tickets with pearls ...
    It will take the same time than for the victory count

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

@Zues how many stars are required to get the legendary?

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  8. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

As much as I appreciate the effort put in for the event, doubling the refresh time is insane.

It basically testing things (which doesn't benefit players or gameplay) to the extreme.
    I can understand gameplay mechanics to be tested, but the wait time?

An anology would be, do you look forward to pay day faster or is doubling the wait time better?

9. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

Personally, for me, this is great. Takes away some of the unrelenting pressure. Also, having stars back is great. Thank you.

10. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

8BDDB1FA-52B9-4E8F-B8B4-B0CB29D23EE7.png Here my example on why fixer get shafted playing TDM

11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I thought this game had changed it's cheap ways... Sadly I was wrong

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  12. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I am starting to worry now given that the required stars are the same as before for the first 2 perks. It would be nice if a dev could come on and say you will need x fewer stars in total for this challenge or something if they don't want to give away the breakdown.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  13. Zotah

Zotah Member

Rovio don’t want Fixers in the TDM, play a Defender or a Shooter and maximise damage with fire if you want stars.

14. Firzen13

Firzen13 New Member

I think Gearscore matchmaking is not good. I am a 3500 infamy player having a gear score of 9700. In TDM I get paired with same gearscores but infamy is like a guy with 1500 infamy is in my team and he did 4000 dmg because he had no skills. I dont wanna report because its not his fault he is somewhat like forced to play with higher infamy players. The 30 mins Ticket reload is somewhat higher. And I appreciate you bought back the stars instead of Wins which makes me get stars eventhough I got defeated by my own team.
    My suggestions are
    1) Gearscores matchmaking is good but consider infamy also.
    2) Ticket cooldown can be reduced or increase max limit of Tickets to 10 or Reduce stars required.

YourDomina and FataMorgana88 like this.
  15. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

1. Why the drastic measures of increasing the wait time to 100%of the original. It could have been balanced out to 20 minutes per ticket .
    2. Kindly explain the mechanism of balancing. It would paint a clearer picture to your objective of "needing" the tickets.
    3. Why the reduction in prizes?( A bit late to question this, but might as well) From first TDM which gives pieces and Items and perks to perks only.
    If giving an item be it rare or epic is to excessive, why not scale down towards an epic piece.

16. Zotah

Zotah Member

Ok double the timer but you should also reduce the cost of tickets by half if you want to balance things.

17. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

I just had a battle with 7 kills and the most damage out of anybody.... 2 stars.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  18. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Extra time is actually a good thing, gives a break In between, I’ll see if it’s still possible to get legendary with the balance changes

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  19. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

BCB65251-3E2D-49E4-913A-E3A0D4E74F8E.png Again explain how this fair towards to fixers, this issue is known to devs for a long time yet there is no attempt to fix the issue, it is clearly against fixers and you devs say “based on the feedback”. On the first event it clearly shows fixers significantly harder to gain stars than other boats, but why are you still implementing star contribution system in this as it completely disadvantageous for fixers

20. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

giphy.gif
    Thanks for being always honest with us :D