1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on torpedo splash damage? Not a fan myself.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Perswayable, 19 May 2017.

1. Pewpewdie

Pewpewdie Member

Is it cause in a god with the torpedo?! :D in all fairness, the torp is a hard to use weapon. you miss that shot and you re pretty much dead

2. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

If your torpedo hits your own team player, does it deal splash damage if your enemy is near that team player of yours?

3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Yes sir.

JustinBeaver likes this.
  4. JustinBeaver

JustinBeaver Member

Thank you sir!

5. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

No, definitely not. Not talking about the fact that it won't be removed due to the achievement Death from Below, it is just fused into the game.

I use an uncommon Big Torpedo T2 with shooter MK3. I don't feel it easy to hit in close combat. Certainly, if you go in a round next to me I can hit you 90%, but people don't go straight. If you stop moving or make a turn then the Torpedo will miss you by a lot.
    (The trigger radius of big torpedo seems a bit large though)

Being hard to notice should be the feature of a Torpedo. It is meant to be a sneaky death from below. If you are in an open area you should be free of being hit by Torpedos, even though you will be shredded by cannons not taking cover.

Torpedos are meaningless without splash damage. Yes, teamwork. If your teammate hit the torpedo that you dodged, congratulate for the "teamwork". Other than that, Torpedos without splash damage will be meaningless to Fixers and Speeders. You can never hit a speeder with a Torpedo unless it rams into that smiling torpedo. Useless. There is also no way to eliminating a clump of ships around a fixer without the splash damage from torpedos. Mortar spam works but that will take ages without a Big Berta. Smart teams with fixers should know how to avoid torpedos. If your entire team stay in the grass, thanks for the free damage.

If you are afraid of the splash damage of the smiling torpedo, don't stay close to the wall. Or it is just the initial damage of legendary weapons that needs to be nerfed.

6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    LOVE the splash dmg, and if you can't beat them, join them ;)

Uerguy likes this.