1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on New "3 v 3" Event and New Perks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 30 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This.

Totally unfair. Star system was way better. If you got terrible teammates, you could still do a progres. Now if your teammates suck, you can't progress.

Literally lost my first 10 or so battles just because of shooters breaking my stun. Like there aren't other 2 players to shoot your snipers at. Pathetic.

2. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

The maps are trash.
    Matchmaking allowing one team to have a healer and not the other is trash.
    Rewards being dependent on wins and not stars is trash.
    80-90% of the playerbase is trash at this game.
    Devs have created a full on trash can event.

Take a bow, boys. This is quite an accomplishment in failure.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2018
  3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Maps are fine. Shortened playing field

What is still broken. Allowing only one fixer.

This is imballance. Developers. This has to be stopped.

Even adding 30 seconds a load time in order for never having a team with a fixer advantagr is worth it.

Teams with fixers win. Period.

There also needs to be a central capture point to stop this epic camping that is happening.

Stars are better.

Victory for leg perks is not working for tons of players. Ie. Unhappy player base.

4. Flipscuba

Nah, the maps are all varying degrees of shitty. The ice map, in particular, makes it basically impossible to win with any line-fire weapons. Shooters can just sit back spamming their mortars and fire bombs from long range with very little risk.

Lol no. It's called "DEATH MATCH". The win condition is getting kills. You add a capture point you entirely change the central game mechanic.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Everyone is complaining that the team with the fixer wins the game, but they don't want to be fixers themselves, even though according to them, they should win every match.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. Flipscuba

What a stupid point. You do realize not everyone just has top tier fixer gear lying around? That if you put a bunch of level 1 gear on your boat you're just gonna get a bunch of completely new people who will be even worse than the usual crop of morons that play?

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    So balanced! I love the balancing!

Nikkie! and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The excitement from the first event didnt last long :)

- The amount of games required to get a legendary perk drastically increased (around double compared to my star average last time).
    - On top of making the grind more painful, the rewards also got worse. How exciting!
    - Deathmatch was fun to try, surprised to see it return again already when there’s so much space to explore.
    - Gearscore based matchmaking is promoting is promoting some very silly gameplay (No I dont play a mk3 Enforcer with an empty yellow slot and a lvl 1 uncommon OB to “try new things”).
    - Half CD sounded like fun (some many oddball strategies possible!), but in practice it just means spamming the same few items over and over again & people zero in to spam spam spam. Oh well, atleast we know that it sucks now & can try something better next time.

9. SeaNavy

Exactly. That's what your points are. You never said they have to have high gear with good teammates. You just said that fixer teams win. Maybe you just have to clarify your points and you'll make a valid argument.
    Knows what you're thinking?

10. Flipscuba

So my point is invalid because literally anyone can just by a couple uncommon level one items and jump in. Yep, that's totally a reasonable expectation rather than the devs maybe having an ounce of forethought about how unbalanced a single fixer in a 3v3 game might be.

11. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

My team won this match. But its shows everything that is wrong with this event.

We never left spawn. We mined and had the only fixer. Other side having some of the best players in the game. Couldnt get close enough to sniff winning.

@Miika
    @Zeus

Is this what you want? Camping fixers teams?

Screenshot_20180601-160654-1.png

12. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I've found playing fixer hard as well :(

13. SeaNavy

This game mode can be biased towards fixers with good gear + good teammates, but that would also mean 50% of the time, you get the fixer rather than the other team, so you shouldn't complain about that.
    Also, this game mode gives defenders and fixers a chance to shine, because usually can't in normal mode. Why should you only complain about this mode only? Oh, I know why. Because you don't know the pain the ships are already experiencing in normal battle, and you want them to stay at the bottom because you're discriminatory towards them. Nowadays, enforcers and shooters are ruling the bay, so they deserve this chance.

14. Flipscuba

God, that's messed up. You literally canceled out (and then some) their highest damage dealer.

*JAWS* likes this.
  15. Flipscuba

Oh, so because sometimes OTHER people get screwed over by this situation, that makes it all okay. Gotcha.

16. SeaNavy

It balances out. Hope you know what balance means.

17. Flipscuba

Spreading the shit evenly doesn't change the stench.

*JAWS* likes this.
  18. Fluid Bait

Fluid Bait Well-Known Member

Really? I had four matches with fixers, and I lost them all. Idk, maybe cause I'm a speeder, because the one time I fought against a fixer, there were 2 other shooters on his team, while my team was a speeder(me), a defender, and a shooter, so we had less firepower than a team with a fixer, and thus we lost something like 4-8.

19. Flipscuba

K, well I've got 4 matches and every time the team with the Fixer won. Once for me, 3 against me.

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Both your opposing Shooters out-damaged both of your Shooters, which is the key to your loss. Also, since both sides had a Fixer, that nullifies your Fixer argument.