1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on New "3 v 3" Event and New Perks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aswin, 30 May 2018.

Tags:
  1. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Some people (this guy) have to work for at least 16 of those hours as well. I dumped 1400 pearls last weekend to get legendary due to time constraints, this weekend the legendary perk was just totally unreachable for me.

2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I'd have been able to get closer to the legendary perk if a limited amount of tickets were given up front, not time-gated.

My suggestion would be to revert back to star based rewards, or reducing the number of wins required for legendary perk.

Make tickets available from regular infamy matches where you get tickets equal to the number of stars you receive in regular infamy matches.

To get some moolah from the customers, allow players to pay like 1.5k or 2k pearls to open up second reward board after they have completed the first reward board.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2018
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Fixer is fantastic on the event, but you do need good weapons because you will have to help push, and I couldn't imagine doing it without a good tape equipped.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

As a high infamy fixer, it's just not enjoyable. I don't even care whether I'm winning. I'm spending 5 minutes being frustrated by the idiocy of my teammates. If we then win because the unfriends were even more stupid, I still didn't have fun. That's why I quit the event. I enjoy playing the normal ranked queue 100x more.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Tape, Bolt, Tape, Bolt, Cannon, Bolt, Tape, Bolt, Tape, Bolt, zzzZzzz, 5 mins later; Bolt, Tape, Bolt, ..

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The matches were a fun change of pace, only lasted 3 days, and had new rewards. There were several flaws but now that we know about them, it can only make future events better.

TVNPryde and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

It would be fun if the Devs implement some of the goods from these events into infamy battles two weekends every months. 3 days of 25% cool down reduce. There are probably more changes we haven't seen yet.

8. Kitterini

Nothing against implementing good ideas into the normal gameplay. But oh boy do I hope they keep the last event where it belongs, i,e, in the past :) Faster gameplay sure, but the cd reduction model without gear score to sorta balance out the 3 items it removed from Fixer/Speeder & Enfo, is not my hot dream for the future.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  9. TVNPryde

Reduce cool down in normal play actually favor the fixers. Shooters and defenders can't charge in like TDM because the can't respawn. The bigger maps allow team to get in formation before the battle starts. The game is still the same only at a little faster pace. Well, the fixers will have a bigger target on them because they are more crucial in these battles.

*JAWS* likes this.
  10. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Wasn't winning at first with my normal build. Eventually I found my way to naplam/napalm/mine. Worked really good but left me feeling dirty as hell. Then a day and a half later I saw another Defender doing it and I was like oh shit I was Patient Zero...

On another note, I'm kind of sick of reading posts by people whose brains don't function fully, when it comes to the grind of this event. Yes it was a lot required, I had stuff going on and only got to the epic perk then dicked around for weapon achievements. But riddle me this: if you only get 4 games built up per hour, how long does it take you to play 4 games? An hour? No it fucking doesnt. It takes you the same time to play 4 games as it always did- like 15 minutes or so. Which leaves the vast majority of every hour to run your life, you just have to plan and plug in efficiently. Someone who does it correctly will make far more progress in 5 total hours of actual in-game time than someone who sits there with the app open for 10 hours straight crying and watching the timer.

*JAWS* likes this.
  11. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

A lot of F2P players cry about the events mainly because they cannot get the Leg.. To me as F2P, it is fine because we do need to give benefit for P2P who keep the game running.

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. Kitterini

Crazy talk this is :)

Making every thing faster doesnt benefit the class that needs time to react. Players already blow up in 10seconds when they make a bad decision, they dont get easier to safe when you reduce that to 7 :)

If its only item CD that gets reduced, like the event, then its a direct nerf to all boats with 6 active buttons. That was pretty apparant in the event, I only ran 3 active items (and a lvl 1 overboost for respawn) cause I never used the others.
    Happy to agree that defender needs a buff, but destroying game enjoyment for everyone else wouldnt be my first choice for how to bring Big Blue to a better place.

Atleast in the event Fixers could reduce their gearscore by removing the 3 unused items and put themselves into easier matchups, but thats not how ranked works.

Fair enough that you loved the event & would like to see some of it implemented in ranked. But lets stay clear of nonsense like "it would be great for Fixers if people die faster than you can react, whilst some of your items sit unused in your inventory", come on!

///
    And before the typical 'you didnt like it because you sucked at it' reaction; After trimming half my active items of my Fixer I had a 100% winrate. Granted only played 7 games before I wanted to gouge my eyes out and stopped playing an event I didnt enjoy at all.

Last edited: 6 Jun 2018
  13. xxxBISMARCKxxx

Why can't they get the leg.? I'm not F2P so I am seriously asking... if it has to do with pearls I am pretty sure I could have got it without buying pearls. I got to epic perk with time to spare and I didn't spend any pearls for it. And I was busy with other things most of the day on Saturday and half the day Sunday (dear diary..).

14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Ok... let's do the math. 72 hours x 4 tickets/hour + 5 tickets to start = 293 tickets to get 100 wins, and a 50% win rate means you need 200 tickets.

It will take you the better part of 5 minutes per match and you can play 6 matches in a session before breaking for 1:15 without risk of losing tickets. You need to Sleep for 2 nights, more than the 1:15 break, so let's be aggressive and knock off 14 hours. That leaves us with (72-14)x4+5 = 232 tickets. You will be gaming for 30 minutes out of every 1:45 with a 1:15 break... and with a buffer of 32 tickets you can blow off 5 of those sessions over 3 days. That's still 34 gaming sessions needed in 3 days. It's certainly possible to do this as you will get plenty of breaks, but there's little "life" to be had in that 3-day schedule of a maximum of 1 hour breaks.

5 total hours of actual in-game time, assuming an aggressive 4 minutes per match, is only 75 games. You'll need a lot more than that.

FataMorgana88 likes this.
  15. xxxBISMARCKxxx

You're generally right, though too high at 5 min average per match in your first calculation. But 5 hours vs 10 hours was for comparison only... not to say you can grind the whole thing in only 5 hours of gaming!

If your point is that you have to have the event on your mind all weekend and put a lot of time into it t to get the yellow perk, I agree completely. My issue is with the posts assuming some kind of non-stop play which isn't correct.

16. TVNPryde

Infamy battle is not a brawl. People will be able to use all the items. The maps are much bigger. You are crying over something you didn't even give it a chance to come to fruition. You keep repeating how bad half cool down is in 3v3 event when the scenarios are totally different.

17. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Man, use the perls to get tickets instantly if you value your life. Either pay your time or money. That's life!

18. TVNPryde

So what you're saying is all the F2P players should quit this game. It's clearly not for them.

19. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

No. I didn't mean that. I am saying that if you don't want to pay money, you'll have to spend more time. Also, there's no guarantee that ticket buyers would win all battles. Finally, skills matter.

enotSenO likes this.
  20. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

What is clear for F2P should be that F2P should not expect to get the leg. perk easily. There should be reasonable benefit for P2P.