1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This problem needs to be addressed soon in order to maintain a supportive community

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JDAR, 8 May 2017.

?

Does this need changing or are you happy

1. Yes this needs a change

58.1%
  2. I'm currently happy with the infamy system

38.7%
  3. Your not very smart leave the forums JDAR

6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Superpavan007

Superpavan007 New Member

your Idea is good
    but in loosing team
    only top 1 player should get infamy
    and 2 should loose nothin
    that would be much better I feel

JDAR likes this.
  2. JJf

JJf Member

I strongly agree with this. I see every day players who make lots of damage but their teams lose because of them. I also see players who maybe doesn't do most damage but they make their team win. For example yesterday I played with a shooter who took a nice place in one corner of the map and used all the time to spread mines around his hiding place and shot some shots with long range mortar. He was the last one alive with full HP in our team. Two enemies came to destroy him and bot of them ran in a mine or two but then they destroyed the camper. The camper made the most damage in our team but if he had come together with us he would have been able to use his cannon and deal more damage with the mines. Now he was an easy target sitting in the middle of the mine field.

This is a team game and damage doesn't mean everything. We win or lose as a team and hope everyone does everything for the team, no matter if it's damage dealing, fixing or being the tank defender who takes all the shots and makes the battle easier for the shooters.

TheRedSpeeder, JDAR and Mr squiqqle like this.
  3. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Thanks for your thoughts

4. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

But consider this
    Yes but in sports or "real teams" people know each other and work together here it's random people on the internet and it's different so not really a fair comparison.

5. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I like that idea too

6. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I do see where your coming from and I'm a very team friendly player I always try to play so the teams wins!
    I just don't like feeling as if playing the is meaningless(which of course it is) lol
    Idk how they would make the system work:( but it doesn't mean they don't need one!

7. IT_Xaumby

IT_Xaumby Member

This is just how ranking systems work. Coming from a game like CSGO people constantly say that they're "stuck in silver" because of other shitty players and not them. The difference is that CSGO has placement matches to decide where you should start where this game starts you at 0 and tells you to start climbing. Play games tactfully and accept the losses when they come and learn from it. If you're constantly losing because nobody on your team is healing, learn to play fixer. You're on a team with 4 random people but so is the other team. There's no premade 5 man groups in this game so we are all being dealt the same hand. The game is pretty close to being 50/50 on skill/luck with gear being a huge factor in matches. At 1k infamy I'm facing ships that are mk4 with multiple epics while I'm in a shooter mk2 with all rares and I seem to do just fine.

8. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

Thanks for your reply
    However I'm not a csgo player but I have seen it more times than not that even if 1 or 2 foolish players mess up you can still come back through good play and strategy! That's harder in this game due to haveing various classes and also no way to heal yourself in map (I don't know if there is in csgo) so a 1v2 is much harder here than in csgo due to how major class differences/hitpoints/health/weapons works

Idk if I made sense but it sounded right in my head lol

Last edited: 9 May 2017
  9. IT_Xaumby

IT_Xaumby Member

It completely makes sense but I think it all still applies. I've seen ships survive with less than 100 hp and still make it to the end of the game by playing smart and I've came back from some 3v5 starts to win. They're very different games but I think it's the best way for me to describe the MMR in this game. The mechanics are nowhere near the same but the fact that you win as a team and lose as a team holds true.

JDAR likes this.
  10. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

True enough !