1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I'm already battling lots of mk6s at 1.7k infamy, so it's not that surprising that there are mi7s at Ace.

super_sonic181 likes this.
  2. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Apparently not, my junior Gucci :cool: pleasure to have found my long lost baby brotha

R4Z0R likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Ya man, mk6s are super common in Ace 1, 2 and even 3. Mk5s have actually moved down to Master, if you'd believe me. The big problem here is that *we the mk5s* know that we're getting outta here soon. I'm gonna be level 39 in a day, for example. Then it's gonna be bye bye mk5 in 2 weeks or so. But what about those poor dudes who are gonna hit a wall as soon as they reach Ace?

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

yay big broooo!:D:rolleyes:
    im the oldest in my family so its good to finally have someone i can look up to :p

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Right bro. Totally see where you’re coming from now and I apologize for not understanding better of your position earlier and the other players before relating my thoughts. That’s kinda sucky and it comes down to see how the devs can or may not be willing to do something about the system for the better of the newer players :eek:

6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

With all those advantages why snipers are doing the same average amount of damage as blast cannon on the achievments? Can you from "nerf sniper religion" explain?

7. TheAntiSnipe

No problem, mate. I'd totally love it if Battle Bay made a different ruleset for NML, since sniper is balanced there. Even mortars go from spammy OP to nothing in NML.

How they would implement it, however, is a different question altogether.

But there is a decent solution we have been discussing for a while. Spread out the talent trees, making sniper cannons more balanced in the midgame.

Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

I gotcha back little one. Haha! Feel free to hit me up if you’ve any queries on the game and I’ll help out if I’m able to o_O

R4Z0R likes this.
  9. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

cheers bro :)

Nikkie! and Mervin like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

I'd say that it's because of crit chance, and I agree it is balanced in that manner. However, it cannot be compared to other cannons other than the standard cannon because it's a one-combo weapon. Blast and ex cannons are two-combo.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

I’ll have to say that it’s more balanced in NML as most players have better gaming sense and skills (there would still be some retards around, they’re everywhere, but lesser)

Spreading out talent trees can be a good solution but at this point it wouldn’t have made much difference I reckon, cause the main issue now would be those mk6/7 who’d have maxed talents but are still stuck at lower leagues :/

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

It's a really complex situation here, and I'll try to boil it down.

Mk5s upgraded to mk6. Fine. But the new matchmaker states that ship mks should be balanced. Also fine. This means that the mk6s have to fight other mk6s. This led to those dudes getting taken down by more advanced mk6s.

Now these mk6s are causing a downward ripple right down to the noob leagues.

13. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

A lot of players combo their snipers with fire bombs and a lot of other players choose to use blast cannon + explosive instead of fire combo. And very few players equip only copies of the same weapon on their boats, makes no sense to ignore its combos.

14. TheAntiSnipe

I don't think players combo it for the damage boost at all. They do it for the support cred. Look, sniper cannon has a low base damage, and I'm yet to see someone running all burn perks on one. The damage boost is slight. Blast and excannons get a giant boost. Like, 600 points or so at endgame on a t5 epic are you kidding me?

So yeah. Sniper's damage is almost whole-and-sole crit. Burn is a major part of blast damage.

Nikkie! and A55A51N like this.
  15. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

You are Defender right? Where i can find you on bay? I want to fleet up with you!

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

u saw his prof pic thats why u wanna fleet with him xD

Nikkie! likes this.
  17. super_sonic181

Nope, I saw the tag "Well-know Member" and he's on 1.7k infamy same as mine! and lastly Yeah Cause he's Defender (only if he is)

Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  18. SeaNavy

Yeah I'm a defender and my player tag is #SGPZQWBM

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. super_sonic181

But i'm using PC so how i'm supposed to find that player tag?

20. SeaNavy

Oh, umm I never played on PC so idk
    I have to eat right now but I'll be back in some time
    Send me your player tag then I can send you a request