1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Precisely my point! Let the weapon stay in its role, without nerfing it to the ground!

Nikkie!, Hokuse and A55A51N like this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I agree, and I could totally get on board with this kind of change.

If it wasn’t so effective at close range, then it might encourage people to take a Sniper and close range option like a Carronade, instead of running double Snipers. And that would also alleviate some of the long range annoyance.

Nikkie!, Hokuse and A55A51N like this.
  3. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Man this thread is just never ending. Sure, sniper crits are annoying when they proc, but it doesn’t make them OP. As an enforcer, I have the luxury of choosing to play either a T5 epic sniper or T5 epic BC; I chose the BC over it instead. Without the crit, the sniper weapon is just plain useless and not worth using, regardless near or far range. Had no issues with it since my beginning of 100 infamy all the way to being consistently in nightmare now over 4-5 seasons with lingering infamy of 4700 top. It’s just a matter of positioning and gameplay

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

People only notice snipers when they crit. When they don't, it deals so little damage they barely care and don't realize that it's the "OP" sniper cannon.

5. SeaNavy

The weapon of any long range troop from Clash Royale
    Any bullet from Diep.io
    Sniper Rifle from Fortnite (yeah, I killed someone almost melee with it)
    The list goes on...

6. TheAntiSnipe

The Fortnite sniper rifle has a scope that hinders people who cannot noscope or quickscope, like all the conventional sniper rifles. CR won't qualify since it is not the same class as BB, you don't have control over the troop. Diep.io does not have a set "loadout", and follows a progression system in-match if I'm not mistaken.

Nikkie!, wreck your day and A55A51N like this.
  7. SeaNavy

Then missle launcher from Fortnite
    In case you're wondering, I don't play Fortnite that often but since that's what people play these days in trying to make a reference.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Actually, I noticed it a lot while scouting, and those 400-500 point hits can really hurt when you have 3-4 ships firing at you, which is almost guaranteed with the amount of people running sniper, and you’re the only ship on thier radar at the start. It’s so easy and fast to hit with that even Nitroing around, I still get hit. A big problem is that the low angle means shots which ‘should’ have missed, still catch you if you’re moving laterally.

9. TheAntiSnipe

The missile launcher punishes *YOU* if you get in close, you know that right? You take damage.

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. SeaNavy

Only if you're really close. I shot someone like 5 feet away and I was fine.

11. TheAntiSnipe

I agree, but enforcers don't suffer that much, not up there at your infamy. And youre awesome btw.

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, well, what about damage to structures you have built? Imagine an explo cannon that also hurts your teammates. That's the Fortnite RL

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Okay so just to understand better and be aligned in thoughts, this is mostly more of a problem in around ace infamy and below due to lesser hp at MK5 down? Cause to be entirely frank, I really don’t find sniper users that OP as claimed even if all boats on the unfriends have one or two. I get triggered when crit at, (duh!) but I’ll still manage somehow eventually. Hmmmm! Was the awesome part some sort of sarcasm? Hahaha :O

14. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

nah snipey just likes your thicc profile picc xD :p

Nikkie! and Mervin like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Hell no! I remember you. You're Gucci, aren't you! I saw you on the forums a while back, you sound like a fantastic enfo player.

And yes. The issue is Ace league, where the deadly combo of speeder nerfs and the tesbolt nerf AND the vertical assist update have led to sniper spamming. I mean, ONE snipe does 1.8k damage, and I know that mk5s are supposed to be lower than Ace 1(nowadays) but this is outrageous.

We already have to fight mk6s and '7s with 10k+ HP at 2600 infamy, and even when we close in to press the advantage with our knifefighting weapons, snipers are still good!

Nikkie! likes this.
  16. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

WAIT WWHAT GUCCI?
    Screenshot_2018-04-25-22-43-54.jpeg
    coincidence? i think not...i think theres a connection bro :p

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and Mervin like this.
  17. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Yes sir I’m Gucci indeed XD Still learning and trying to be a good enfo playah!

Right I guess at lower mk with lacklustre hp and the rise in whales and the tendency to meet mk6 etc does hurt profoundly when the crit does come in. Ultimately it’s no longer an issue with the weapon but more to the system and whatnot. Just hang in there till mk6 buddy! Then the hp boost and bandage plus big shield will help out a bunch >.<

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Wtf you’d still be meeting mk 6 or even 7 at that league? Woots! That’s nasty cause no matter how bad they are, they’ll still just ram over with superior hp, weapons, and talents trained :(((

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Woots! Hello my brotha from anotha motha XD

20. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

woots indeed i thought i was the only wun around with the gucc on my wrist :p

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.