1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why Sniper is Broken

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 May 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You hear that? Tesla shield. Equals mk6.

I might be wrong but I think sniper cannons are one of the reasons the mk6 speeder is becoming prevalent in Ace 3.

Look, bro, we get it. I get the mk6 in two weeks. But what about the people in Ace with mk5?

Ace 1 is literally hell for mk5s, there's mk7s with t5 epics and t3 legendaries. Personally, I'm not complaining for my sake, I'm really good at flanking and backstabs, and I usually look at the sniper-spammer and flank him, then flare blast him in the back. Our team usually follows up as he's burning and his back is turned to them, and it's GGs. But that demands a lot of prerequisites.

I'm here for the little guy, who just got to mk5 and has to be twoshotted in matches when he probably did nothing wrong.

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Nitro is tough because most turrets don't turn fast enough to lead if it's at a 90 degree angle... but in any other circumstance, if a Speeder is in range of my BC odds are I will hit it. Auto-aim is actually really good at compensating for moving targets (both the shooter and the target), which is likely why you are seeing hits like that, and may be a better way to focus your complaints. IMO Standard Canon is accurate than Sniper for hitting Speeders due to its arch.

PS: I really think you should build your T4 Epic Sniper and use it. My T5 Rare sucks a#* but T4+ Epic Sniper is a fairly awesome weapon.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  3. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the league. It's pretty average in nightmare because tesla shields can absorb them all day. Only tier 5 epics can crit for 2k+ but at that point we're already talking tier 3 legendary equivalent so it's not a big deal.
    I still think it's a bit powerful at lower leages but what can we do? Move sniper talents down, ex cannon up and have mk3s blast each other's with full trained ex cannons?

Last edited: 10 May 2018
  4. The Biter

The Biter New Member

Super MOM and WIFE
    Nikkie! and A55A51N like this.
  5. The Biter

The Biter New Member

Super MOM and WIFE
  6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

or to zigzag, you lose some spees but when you do it well the chance of being hit is low

7. The Friendly Fixer

The Friendly Fixer Well-Known Member

Lol leave the Poor Weapon alone lol

8. wcc634

wcc634 Member

PS: I really think you should build your T4 Epic Sniper and use it. My T5 Rare sucks a#* but T4+ Epic Sniper is a fairly awesome weapon.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for hyperbole and everything, but how does a T5 rare "suck a#*" while a T4 epic is "awesome"? The one additional crit perk?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

I'm all for hyperbole and everything, but how does a T5 rare "suck a#*" while a T4 epic is "awesome"? The one additional crit perk?[/QUOTE]
    Pretty much. It's a big advantage, bro.
    Edit: A t4 epic is better than an L10... Obviously the damage output is gonna be nuts!

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. As a speeder main, the only cannon I am afraid of is sniper. Cannon doesn't do enough damage, and I can dodge the other two easily. Sniper almost always hits. This is speaking as a person who made it through a pair of mk5 shooters and a fixer today with 158 health. I was very impressed. But anyway, the only shot that hit me(of the eight that were fired), and the same shot that took me to that 158 health, was a sniper shot. I was able to easily dodge the rest by randomly jerking my way back to a fixer. It says something that sniper can do so much damage, but also hit easily.

TheAntiSnipe and Fluid Bait like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Not that easy to hit tho

Nikkie! and Jimbot like this.
  12. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

I get that it takes some skill to hit. But in comparison to me hitting a speeder with my blast, where I had to lead my aiming reticle quite literally across the screen, to just flicking it slightly for sniper. I do use sniper a lot on my shooter, so I am pretty good at aiming with it. It is easy to miss at long range, but up close it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

That we can agree with.

Nikkie! likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

L50 Rare = T34 Epic = T1 Legendary. L40 Epic Sniper adds 12% damage plus an additional perk (+7.5% crit chance).

15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Sniper is for noobs.

Just saying. Seriously, learn to lead your shots.

16. SupremeCalamitas

If you don't learn to lead your shots, you're gonna have a very bad time in nightmare league, if you even get there.

Get a dang brain. If you fight a speeder, lead your shots. Leading your shots is worth SO MUCH INFAMY.

A55A51N and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

Haha, what you need is some more skill and speed. I have dodged SO MANY sniper shots, I can't even tell if they were lead.

Try to get far from enemy. Use nitro as soon as they lock onto you or, with more practice, as soon as they FIRE.

18. TheAntiSnipe

You can also charge them down whist making sure youre youre upwave, sniper cannons have a distinct disadvantage in that aspect.

Nikkie! likes this.
  19. SupremeCalamitas

I can prove why it isn't the sniper cannons:

For one, you guys didn't have leggies, and you had few epics.
    Two, again. Look at the gear.
    And I don't know if your team was a bunch of noobs.
    They probably were.

20. SupremeCalamitas

Yep. Sniper cannon is not for shooting over waves.
    They say speeder has been nerfed.
    Boy are they wrong, you can't nerf a speeder's pride.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.