1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This is a Joke, right???

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Rez Messing, 15 Dec 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    149690B0-9AF1-49CF-B1D7-D3EDCB656E9C.png I am very frustrated.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2017
    macintouch_ and TheFixer27 like this.
  2. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    Hello moderator, I don’t appreciate you changing what I wrote. Or is criticizing the way this game is designed, against the rules?

macintouch_, BasedCarpen and Joey who like this.
  3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Sorry 'bout that. Typing all caps was the issue.

All (/most) player who don't have legendary items aren't very enthralled at getting useless prize.
    Its more the chance of a bonus prize (epic item, legy item piece, or that perk you really need) that makes the bonus round a prize. Not to mention it's free.
    Criticizing is fine. As long as you're friendly and constructive. :cool:

Rinse & Repeat likes this.
  4. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

hey it could always be worse... you could have gotten a power cell...

w@x, macintouch_, Tmfh67401 and 4 others like this.
  5. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    I found the “bonus prize” to be neither friendly nor constructive :). (I’ll try to keep my voice down)

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Lol good one. These crap rewards are why I don't play competitively. The devs should take into consideration how much effort goes into guild questing, and not mess us up with these stupid rewards.

What are these, rewards for ants?

7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Ridiculous.
    We have a Reddit where we are free to discuss issues without censorship

8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I haven't watched a single ad since the raffle nerf

TheFixer27 likes this.
  9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Raffle is still so op, it's ridiculous! Just because you don't get something good every spin doesn't mean it's bad. The amount of time to get a legendary item F2P w/o raffle? ~10 months or something. With raffle? Probably half that

Tmfh67401 and ViscountSniffit like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s a raffle, you can’t expect to win every time.

Last season my prizes were so bad I just saved my tokens and didn’t even spin. This season I got loads of good stuff.

I got an epic swift torp (which I really wanted), I also got an epic perk for my shield (+150hp), I got an epic perk for my Turbo, and I got an epic perk for my BC (which I needed).

I also got my fair share of power cells and uncommon parts, but you have to take the bad with the good.

The guild raffle is completely free, with great prizes. If you don’t think it’s worth playing, then you could always... not play it. But you’re not gonna do that, because you know it’s awesome.

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

last 2 legendary raffles I got the epic prize both times, an epic Big Berta and an epic gear lube.
    As its free, you cant really complain when RNGesus is in a bad mood and hands you some power cells :p

12. TheAntiSnipe

The rewards are still not good enough. You could be someone who DOES NOT play in a guild and have close to the same progression as someone who does. The raffle must provide enough satisfactory rewards that even solo players will want to play in guilds for the progression boost.
    How many tokens did you spend? I spent 42 k THRICE so far and didnt get a single epic perk.

13. ViscountSniffit

I’m not sure, I think I’ve had 4 rolls on the bonus board this week. I got two epic perks, and the epic swift torp from that (was pretty lucky), the 4th roll was just legendary parts.

I also got a few epic perks from the regular board, just from landing on the same stuff. I got an epic defence perk, I think I got an epic mortar damage perk (that I sold).

I guess I’ve been quite lucky this week, but not getting any epics sounds quite ‘unlucky’, maybe you should have waited for a better board?

14. TheAntiSnipe

Basically, can you compare the rewards pre update to those post update? No, right? I know, I built my main Ace 3 setup during the first two rivalries. The rewards were THAT good. And they should be that good.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

I built my Ace 3 setup this rivalry :p

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

To elaborate, this is my build from exactly one month ago (when I first hit 2k)
    6B2D9558-DC1C-4E2E-9D02-DBB36E009FDE.png

And this is my build from today
    50963E9B-F463-414C-83EB-A47BDE614C54.png

So I’ve managed to swap out all of my uncommon perks for rares and epics, and that’s pretty much all guild raffle.

Ash KOT likes this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

And I only ever get uncommon turbo perks for my epic 3/30:eek:

18. Rez Messing

Ne’er-do-well
    So, we can agree that this game does not treat people equally, and there is a lot of randomness of rewards for effort. It’s more like playing roulette.

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

People are treated equally, its RNG.
    You may strike lucky and get the exact piece you want, although you may also just get some power cells.
    Its random, the only way of increasing your chances, is by spinning the wheel more, so stay active, join a good guild and go hard for the tokens.
    Lets put it in simple terms, flipping a coin, heads is an epic weapon, tails is some power cells.
    Flip it 10 times, odds are 50% for each item so you should expect 5 of each right?
    However every flip is independent, the previous result does not have any effect on the outcome.
    Some lucky guy will walk away with 10 epic weapons, some unlucky soul will end up with 10 sets of power cells, does this mean the coin is not treating people equally?

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. kat Boylan

kat Boylan New Member

No....No, no, no...I was finally actually feeling like I was getting somewhere without creeping ahead at the snail's pace of my (partly) f2p self...and having a lot of fun doing so with these quests. Now, I feel like I am back to square one where pace is concerned, no matter what kind of reasoning one wishes to apply to it. A nerf is a nerf, and it is done for a reason. I can understand the reasons behind them most often, but they really can hurt...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.