1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This has to stop (wall penetration)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Netsa, 21 Nov 2017.

1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Torpedos hitting through walls has got to end. I've observed it happening on most maps that have thin walls or low objects. Destruct 9 is one of the worst culprits, with a barrier that blocks literally nothing if you float too close to it, but this happens on every map. Even the new one as seen below. Please, Rovio, do something about this.
    ezgifO.gif
    P.S. We won this match by a fair margin. Getting hit clear through walls just ticks me off that much.

2. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

That's what she said!

/on a more serious note; I disagree, it rewards intelligent play & torpedoes arent exactly in need of nerfing

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Jeez.

4. Earel

Earel Active Member

it's just a feature of a big torp ... this torp created like a weapon with big splash(AoE) damage ignoring a barriers and objects.
    Just unluck ...

• Percy • and The Otherguy like this.
  5. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I was originally going to write "torpedo penetration" but thought that would take away from the serious tone of my gif. :p

Anyway...
    It's not a nerf, it's a fix for something torpedoes shouldn't be doing in the first place. It's not a "feature", it doesn't seem to be intended and it's not even something most players consciously do. Being in front of a wall that someone can AoE off of should be the punishment, not being behind that wall. I didn't think I would have to explain this, but let's go into detail as to why this isn't a fair mechanic:

1) It promotes spamming, not intelligent play. The torpedo user is free to fire it wherever, because there's the slightest chance it might hit someone even if you just throw it at a random wall in the enemy's general direction. It doesn't even promote intelligent play for the enemies of the torpedo user, besides now having to avoid all walls regardless of whether an enemy is visible or not. Like Earel mentioned, this instead adds an element of luck into Battle Bay where there shouldn't be.
    2) There is no area marker for torpedoes. If you're behind a wall, you can't even see the trail. Unless you avoid all of those thin walls, you're at risk of taking unavoidable damage from an enemy you couldn't see and can't retaliate against.
    3) "Why would you even be that close to a wall like that?" Mortars don't share this property of ignoring barriers. If you get close enough to a wall, enemies have to aim their mortars behind you in order to hit you. It's a nice, strategic position that is destroyed by what looks extremely similar to a glitch. Even the Destruct 9 barrier stops damage from mortars that land immediately on the opposite side of the barrier. Why should torpedoes be exempt?

And I reiterate, it's not a nerf. Torpedo users are already being rewarded enough with insane damage, wall AoE shots, group AoE kills, and start-of-match lucky hits. They don't need a bug enabling them to kill people through walls.

6. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

I do it consciously AoE is not a problem it is less than berta.
    AoE is the main feature of big torp without it its useless. Can you land every big torp on target? No so the collateral damage is what makes it worthwhile.

• Percy • and A55A51N like this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

He doesnt have problem with all kinds of collateral.Only the thing of torp damage penitrating through walls(Not hitting,Which is justified).BIG t AOE should remain as it is,However wall penitration is just ridiculous

Torp shouldnt be compared with mortar,
    Mortar AOE---warned from the moment projectile is fired and predictable(Ny smart shooter evades berta with ease)

Big torp AOE----Doesnt warn,Unpredictably huge,Not that i mind it but comparing it with mortar which is much more forgiving is pointless

• Percy •, PastelPiku and Netsa like this.
  8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

yet if u see it coming u can evade every torp easily but mortars u run from one into another

• Percy • likes this.
  9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

How do you forsee a torpedo through walls,and i hope Evading a big torpedo was just enough!

• Percy • likes this.
  10. vis1234567899

one u stay away from the walls and big torps are so slow apart from when u are frozen and a trying to get away, from that angle it looks fast

• Percy • likes this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

If the thickness of wall is less than the explosion radius you can't say its unjust. AoE doesn't penetrates each and every wall does it? Only the ones which are less thick and the reciever stand extremely near the wall which is the case mentioned in thread by the creator.

• Percy • likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Stay away from walls, and then get crit hit by a sniper for 1100 damage...

• Percy • and Disguised like this.
  13. vis1234567899

still i would probably take that as even a tier 1 epic level 10 big torp does 800 damage for me which is insane

• Percy • likes this.
  14. vis1234567899

at ur level there will be tier 3 epics

• Percy • likes this.
  15. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Lol my best battle bay memory is the time i killed deathreign (old rev leader) with 2 torp shots with splash outside the foundry tunnel...:p:D:rolleyes:
    Point is, if you are skilled enough, you will know how to use this splash and get rewarded (maybe 1 time in 100 shots)

• Percy • and Shadow Moon! like this.
  16. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

torpedoes can damage THROUGH walls... didn't even know that...

*NOTED*

Mister Kevin and • Percy • like this.
  17. Earel

Earel Active Member

In my last game I was killed by explosive Cannon through a wall in this map... it’s a new excited experience for me ... it’s just wow and sadly ... it’s a legal?

• Percy • likes this.
  18. Shadow Moon!

Yes that is what a weapon with AoE does.

• Percy • likes this.
  19. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

This is all beside the point, I didn't say they should remove torpedo AoE. This is about the penetration effect. Being near a wall shouldn't punish you when enemies are shooting at you from the opposite side of that wall.

So, because it worked in your favor, it was a fair kill? How about we open the gates for more weapons to penetrate through walls, since it promotes such skilled gameplay. Why should any weapon's AoE be blocked by walls at all? How about Snipers? If the wall is thin enough, that shot should pierce right through it. Battle Bay needs wallbanging.

Regardless of whether or not you think it takes skill, this is about whether this is actually fair to do. The torpedo is completely invisible from the other side of the wall, there's no way to know it's there or where it came from. You may not even have that enemy on your radar. How is unseen, unavoidable, AoE damage some skillful thing that we should be embracing?

And can we get a dev response on whether or not this intended to happen? Please?

• Percy • likes this.
  20. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

This is what it has to stop: people complaining about what they dont like and begging devs to nerf it. Just stop to cry and go to play. There are multiple things i dont like but im not making a new thread just to call a nerf.