1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This happens way too often.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 22 Mar 2018.

1. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Lol, I'm joining you pretty soon too.

Admiral DJ likes this.
  2. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

I use it because I’ve just gotten a ton of snipers. I also think it’s my best chance at hunting speeders. I’ve always had mixed results with sniper.

3. Neu

Neu Member

Yeah agree mostly about 'don't even need lead shots'. but another type weapon spammer also OP and annoying as well. 3xRailgun, 3x FireBomb, 3x Big Torpedo, etc.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  4. Admiral DJ

I’m fine with a nerf but many are calling for nerf that would make it unusable or straight trash. They want to mess with the crit and crit damage but that’s the whole point of the sniper. I believe the best chance to the sniper would be the shot speed.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Yeah, maybe just a little slower shot speed to make it so you still have to lead shots would be good.

Neptune_Gaming and Neu like this.
  6. Admiral DJ

I almost always have to lead my shots. Especially since I’m a speeder hunter.

Neu likes this.
  7. Admiral DJ

What do you use now?

8. Disguised

I don't use any cannons currently, but I'm saving up rare sniper cannon.

9. Admiral DJ

Torpedo man?

10. Disguised

Mine+Big torp speeder, and sometimes I use a railgun ;).

11. Admiral DJ

I’ve been thinking about switching a sniper with a railgun. But I always seem to get caught behind a wave with it. Maybe I’ll double down on one if they nerf sniper into the ground.
    I suck with both torpedos and mines :)

12. Disguised

Those are like the only weapons I'm actually good at.

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think balancing needs to be fair to the people on the receiving end, and the users.

All 1 slot weapons should ‘average’ about the same damage over hundreds of games. 2 slots weapons should maybe do a little more.

That means that over a 1000 games, Sniper, Blast, Carronade, Cannon, Swift, etc... should all ‘average’ about the same. Swift is not as accurate as Cannon, but it makes up for it by being more powerful when it hits (for example).

Unfortunately, we never get to see data on this, but the impression I get is that Sniper users are averaging a lot more damage than others. Partly because of the very high accuracy and additional range, compared to other weapons, and partly because the crits push the average damage way higher than the base stats.

Personally, I no longer care about a sniper nerf. I used to think it was OP and ruined games, but since my ExCannon and Tesla Bolt got nerfed into Railgun territory, now everything is OP and ruins games, and the game sucks. Snipers are the least of my worries.

Personally, I would have been happy if Sniper just had a minimum range to crit (like Torpedo arming) or a Crit chance that scaled down with range (like Railgun). The idea being that you could ‘at least’ counter Snipers by getting close, and force shooters to equip some close range weapons (Blast/Carronade), instead of filling all thier slots with spammy mortars and torps, with the Sniper covering long and short range. That’s far too much versatility for a single 1 slot weapon.

Kosta and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  14. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

I could only register one statement here.

Don't know about other sniper users but this is my argument.
    Rare sniper sucks. Plain and simple. While you get 2k crits from epics and legendaries, mine hits for 1000-1100 max at t5 rare level 50 and while counting defence points on shooters and defenders it does even less damage than expected. Speeders get most damage cos they have low defence points. Mine has 5 and a lot of us don't have enough hp to pile up dp on our shield. Snipers may seem OP to yellows but its only for boats that can carry 2 or 3 more weapons to compensate for the non-critical low damage shots. As a speeders if I miss my torp and my sniper doesn't crit, I get 400 damage shot while the unfriend gets pissed off at the scratch I put on their boat.

Skill to use a weapon isn't always on the same plane as avoiding damage, agreed. At the same time nerfs are not as effective as buffs at balancing a game. The reason being my suggestion below for a buff.

Why not suggest a speeder defence point buff instead of sniper nerf? Everyone will be happy (hopefully) and we get less damage per shot from everything. Does this sound stupid? Let me know.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I'm friends with #Beast_Hunter, he rolls with rare t4/40s and HE does more than 1100. You sure about that statement? You should def run one crit damage, that's very useful.

16. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Rare T5 crits for 1278-1340 varying. I have epic T4 rare t5. On the way towards legendary.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Shadow Moon!

And please don't nerf this too even if it's op I just have 2 weapons in my arsenal that are not nerfed atm. Sniper and blast everything else junk now.

WarCream and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Hey wait. All I've ever wanted was for Rovio to SPREAD THE DAMN TREE!!!

WarCream likes this.
  19. Shadow Moon!

And yes talking about reliability of sniper I used 2x sniper on my enforcer for around 140 games I did 1186250 damage in total.
    I played blast for 1000+ games I did 4350036 damage. And my blast does exactly the same amount of damage as my epic sniper crits, on burning targets of course.
    And also those who are saying enforcers can dance and dodge I would say LOL. I never faced a player who saw sniper coming and dodged it by moving sideways.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Now that would be a sight I'd like to see. And I don't remember speeders saying things about dodging excannons if you know what I'm sayin'!

Shadow Moon! likes this.