1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This happens way too often.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 22 Mar 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I would upload the video of what happened but I’m tired of it already. I think you can get a pretty good idea with a description and pictures.

Today I was playing mk6 enforcer,
    D4EF37BF-DE3E-4454-9806-4255A0C0AF9D.png

looked just like a normal game when....

C4F8CCF5-F6AC-4F2F-86C4-95478B2C1868.png

15 second in a rocket launcher breaks my shield and I they crit me with a mortar. It wasn’t a very big deal, I have more than 6000 defense points so I could continue with out problems, or so I thought... 3 second later this happened:

6A38FE01-D46C-4DB3-8BD6-AB6DD0D92407.png

I got hit crit by two sniper cannons at the same time. 3714pts of damage in less than a second from +30 distance, and to finish

488CDA65-7927-47CA-A5B9-E63BC2A3DD19.png

Yes! I bet you already thought about it, another sniper crit from across the map!

Total time played: 36 second
    Damage sealed: 0
    Damage received: 6174
    Did I do something wrong?: No, I didn’t play reckless or suicidal.

This happens way to often and it just makes me want quit. Giving sniper cannon such a big critical chance and that damage per crit was stupid from the beginning. The fact that so many players now use sniper is not an excuse to not fix it.

I’m so tired of it and it just keeps making me angry.
    IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

d_p air, Blueee, Shadow Moon! and 8 others like this.
  2. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

First, why did u let em all target u? 4 unfriend shooters mean there are more than 4 sniper canons out there

3. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m sorry you had such a disappointing experience.

Here’s my opinion:
    • Getting hit by 2 crits in quick succession is very bad luck (no way around that)
    • You are quite a way in front of your team and the only ship they can see. As a result, all enemy ships have focus fired on you. No ship can survive such intense targeting. Even if the snipers hadn’t critical hit you, you’d probably have been dead in a few more seconds anyway from the fierce bombardment.
    • You are a lvl 40, Mk6 ship so relatively new to this ‘level’ and also at a high infamy level where you’ll be fighting players who have been in nightmare and will have better ships that you’re used to. It is better to play more conservatively than you could at mk5 until you complete more crew training. Players at this level are ruthless and will pounce on any mistake or opportunity
    • We have all suffered in a similar way at one point in time or another. Just try and put it behind you.

4. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Woohoo!! Another sniper nerf thread:D
    Why am I not surprised:cool:

5. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Because it needs a nerf.

6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Why didn't you stick with your team, then? The minimap shows that you were way off your team when they started shooting at you. 6k hp is nowhere near enough to survive concentrated fire from 4 enemy shooters (you were probably the only unfriend they could see, so as someone told you, they all started firing at you). Also it appears that you still had time to spam commands to your team even if you were taking damage like crazy there. If everyone is shooting at you, better use your fingers to escape rather than repeating "negative", "negative", "negative". Play better next time = case closed.

Last edited: 22 Mar 2018
  7. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I must have a worst luck then, everytimes a sniper cannon hit me, it crits. Many time the match started, a speeder scouting, i get across toward my team and then 3 sniper shots take me down in less than 10 seconds.

The Otherguy likes this.
  8. Kosta

Kosta Member

i talk about this 2-3months,and "smart" dev is "too busy" and is "to hard to change that".. let's donate some money to dev team to put someone new to help them to fix and balance game.. and yes..i quit game because that.. am done with stupit battle bay and lazy dev team who doesnt listen their players.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  9. Kosta

Kosta Member

case closed? hahah another sniper noob who doesn't want to be nerfed..

Shadow Moon! and xxxBISMARCKxxx like this.
  10. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Did you even read my post? Point here was that OP played poorly and would've been killed no matter what weapons the enemy used. Also, if you already quit the game as you stated above, why would you care if the sniper gets nerfed or not?

11. Kosta

Kosta Member

yes,i read,am just angy for they dont nerf sniper in this new update..
    and its not fair to deal so many crit from 30+ distance.. its not fair..that is reason why am quiting game.. on 4k inf..player was crit dmg above 2.2k with snip..and enf has only 6.6hp..

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

If I recall correctly, maximum crit chance is about 45% to 50% for each sniper rifle, assuming they have maximum perks.

At 45% per rifle, that is about a 9% chance of being hit by 3 crits in a row. Whilst that’s a low percentage, it’s not that low that it’s some sort of miracle for it to happen.

13. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I’ve been playing +4000 when I was mk5, so I’m not that new.

And for those who say that I was far from my team... that’s what enforcers and speeders should do. The faster you spot the enemy team, the faster your team can attack. That initial damage can decide a game perfectly.

And at last. None of the excuses you’ve said justifies the fact that I took such a big damage in a very short period of time from a really big distance.

14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m sorry that you seem to have taken such a dislike to my post. It was meant to be supportive, but you obviously don’t agree.

To clarify, when I said you were new to this level, I meant mark 6, not this level of infamy. I have written a post which explains my theory that the matchmaking system has broken the infamy system, and as such a mk5 ship and Mk6 ship which have similar infamy are not equal in effectiveness in battle.

I do not agree with you when you say that enforcers and speeders should scout ahead. Speeders may be able to get away with it, but in my opinion enforcers are not quick enough to do so. You have a different opinion, and it is fine for us not to agree.

I do not consider the other points I raised as ‘excuses’, they are my opinion of what happened and why. You can have a different opinion and again that is fine.

I again do not agree with your statement that nothing that I’ve said justifies getting hit with 3 crits. I have quoted the odds on that happening at 9%, which is low, but not too low. I would not get in a car if there was a 9% chance of it crashing as that is too high a probability of it happening. From a fairness point of view, it does seem unfair, but the odds are the odds, and low probability situations do happen. If you believe that something that has a 9% chance of happening should never happen to you, well that’s up to you.

15. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

What kind of nerf?

16. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

What sort of Nerf are you suggesting here? Because saying it needs a Nerf is not an answer here.o_O

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I guarantee no dev has said they are too busy or it is too hard to change, that is BS.
    Its a controversial weapon for sure, many feel a nerf is overdue but as yet, devs are yet to agree.
    No point throwing the toys out of the pram or trying to drum up money to pay for a "smarter developer".
    If you quit the game, why is this even affecting you?

18. Neu

Neu Member

Ironically you didn't seem even bother to dodge properly enemy Rocket and Mortar, allowing Rocket to break your shield and got hit in center Mortar. For these reason alone prove that your are for sure easy target for Sniper.

Don't blame Sniper crit, when any weapon can one shot you in that kind of situation where opponent are together in one place always ready to open fire while your team don't. Plus I kinda sick of weapon nerf. death from one type weapon > RANT That weapon is OP > Plss nerf.

I never had any issue with Sniper user, I can predict and dodge any Sniper shot any times. Plus your are Enforcer, Enforcer dance are your best moves to dodge flawlessly any Sniper shot anyways.

At the end just took this unlucky 3 crit shot as good battle experience given from Rovio to improve your playstyle. Scout and staying one place doesn't mix together plus equip your enforcer with good turbo (I'm assume you put 2 shield instead of 1 turbo).

19. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

I don’t think sniper really needs a nerf. You can get the same damage output with a blast or explosive cannon when the enemy is on fire and more consistently too.

20. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

If you get hit by a bulls eye from a mortar, which can easily be dodged by just moving slightly, I don't think you can dodge a Sniper.

Nothing wrong here, let's move along.

Earel and Rainbow Warrior like this.