1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This game is a collapsing vacuum chamber

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jackyepic, 27 Apr 2018.

1. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Here's another one; this is about a month later, I'm at 1965 and just made the jump to Mk5.
    august1.jpg
    But even just on the south side of 2K, you still only have Tier II Epics at best. Most items are Tier III Rares, and my team is still rocking some Uncommons.

2. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Thanks for confirming this. Now I can be even more sure about the fact that more infamy is destroyed than created.

Months ago when I entered Ace I, I was carrying an uncommon T4 sniper cannon.

Now I struggle not to fall out of Ace I, with an epic T4 sniper cannon.

This is not a sudden incident.

This is the accumulated effect of the net destruction of infamy and advancing society.

3. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

[​IMG]
    Months ago, mainly MK5s, rare T4 and epic T3 in the lower Ace I.
    [​IMG]
    Now, mainly MK6s, rare T5 and epic T4,5 in the lower Ace I.

4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Without data to support we'd just discuss about our points of view. None of us have enough data to say if it is dying or not :D
    No, it's not that hard... We would face the same people with higher infamy gap, what would it change on our gameplay? Please explain in detail.

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  5. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

I'll try.
    My idea introduces the creation of infamy anywhere in the bay.
    In my opinion, there is a lack of infamy in the bay now, if this is not a fact.
    The lack of infamy cause many players to be squeezed in 0-2000 infamy in a very chaotic way and starting (actually started) to affect 2000-3000.
    The creation of infamy will allow the MK5s and 6s, who cannot rise due to the fact that there just isn't enough infamy for them, to gain their lost infamy back.

In a more scientific sense, it simply swifts a portion of players from the lower end to the higher end, but in a good way. To the way where it used to be in the very well built ladder around global launch.

I'll compare it to a filter. You cannot filter things well with a short filtering column. This creates a longer column where filtering can be better done.

But there are definitely more problems to be addressed. We have way more MK5,6 and even 7s in the bay than in the past.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2018
  6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

It's all about the pool of senior players who are getting stronger equips as the days go by vs the new players who start from scratch. More "gear score" gets cramped into the infamy ladder, packing players up like in a sardine can at each nightmare reset. Some people here mentioned "bots" being the nett infamy provider for those who just started below 200 infamy. What happens once these new players quickly advance past the "bot zone" within a few hours of play? They say hello to the wonderful world of high mk4,5,6 noobs packed with EVER increasing gear score due to the spiralling effect from the top. BOOM they get 1 shotted, lose infamy, and back to fighting bots.

Do you guys think this is sustainable? You think the new players would be content to always fall back to fighting bots? Nope, they would think is is some serious pay2win shit, and uninstall the game. Thus the death to the future of the game.

7. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

What I think is that this game started out to be unsustainable. We simply have yet to realise the system's self-destructing effect until now.

*pay respect to the new players who get sacrificed as infamy producer

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

To eleborate further, I was down at 2100 earlier in the week. Only ~200 infamy above the picture you posted, and it looked like this.
    ACFA9A00-481B-497E-A99F-279DC9CBE1B0.png

70% of the ships mk6s.

9. Rainbow Warrior

And what do you think that having more infamy would acomplish? Now my mini account has around 800 infamy points, let's say that the devs implement your system, then I'd achieve 2k without any improvement on my account/ skills, but the number 1 in the world would have 8k and I'd still be facing the same adversaries with bigger infamy. How this would help anyone? The new players would certainly play against bot until after 500... From tough to boring

Spinners71 likes this.
  10. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

I would leave this question to you. Most of the things and problems are elaborated in this thread. What the bay looked like. What it looks like now. How chaotic the lower end leagues are. How unfriendly, cruel and far more than tough the system is to new players.

We would like to play actual balanced battles.

The community has spoken more than me.

11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I won’t say anything about the infamy mechanics, since i’m not qualified to say anything regarding the deepest mechanincs of the game. However, the mk5-6, even mk7 ships in the low range are a true issue.
    Lately in the 4200 range where i am at, battles have featured more and more mk7 ships, and basically 0 mk5 ships (exept fleets and 1 really good mk5 fixer). I think that if i would get higher, i wouldn’t be seeing any mk6 ships.
    Players are simply getting better boats now, so it slowly starts effecting the lower end of the ladder too. The mk6 at the 1000 and below are very frustrating to any new player. But while some certainly are, not every mk6 there is a tanker. Most of them are just noobs and bad players, who don’t have enough skill to rise, but have good enough weapons to kill the lower boats, if they manage to hit. But they can’t be punished for being bad players, because the amount of them is probably way higher than the skilled players, who get up the ladder quickly and suffer for that. An infamy minimum would just kill the motivation of these noobs, and make them quit.

I can’t say anything more than the noobs, while destroying some skilled players’ experience, simply can’t be punished.
    But we would really need a dev’s comment on this
    @Pinecone @The Grim Repair @Miika @Zeus @Senor Producer @Stebbi please?

12. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I think that there is no real solution for this situation which would make happy everyone, it would negatively affect 'normal players' (those with infamy adequate to their ship mk) or 'noobs' (those with to strong ships for their infamy) or 'skilled players' (players with lower mk ships than average for their infamy)

A55A51N likes this.
  13. kencold

kencold New Member

Structural Engineer
    Because everyone has 50/50 win lost ratio. I do not have to play seriously anymore since I WILL END UP having the SAME amount of wins, Dominator quest is pointless now. If I play 50 battles I will have 25 wins. when the winning streak will kick in (normally after 3 or 4 defeats), i just let the magic happen. This game is doomed. What makes me feel sad is the MVPs are encouring the dev to continue to do things this way. You guys are not helping... I really like this game but this is so annoying, lots of player has left the Bay and it is a fact you have to face.
    Rovio is also doing not so well on the stock market fyi.
    Please change the algorithim, do something so people with real skill can shine and not have to suffer the stupid 50% ratio.

14. Rainbow Warrior

facepalm-combo_o_825352.gif
    If you play 50 bad games you'll lose until you hit an infamy when that bad version of you will become enough to win some battles and lose other battles.

A55A51N likes this.
  15. kencold

kencold New Member

Structural Engineer
    Im playing as mk 5 shooter and mrk 5 fixer. I have been playing this game sine Jul 2017. I dedicated alot of time for this game, so my observation tells me something. I create an account to reply this thread only, im new member doesnt mean I have not played this game long enough. The fact is you will end up having a fixed amount of wins for a total number of battles. Thats it! is it that hard to comprehend.
    Also, there is no way you are going to get 50 consecutive defeats. If you play normally, like most people do, you will end up going through cycle of wins and defeats.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2018
    The Otherguy and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I am just going to comment on this part because it is a common misconception that this is a bad thing or it is forced.

The infamy system is based on the ELO system. So your infamy is supposed to change until you reach an equilibrium where you win half of your battles and you lose half of your battles. In a truly competitive multiplayer game, that would be considered "perfect matchmaking". Please stop looking at this as some great negative and consider that this is the best way to do matchmaking in Battle Bay. If it was not this way, then the whales/top players would win 90% of matches. Infamy-based matchmaking is perfect.

Just imagine if you were matched at random like in a COD or Halo game..... You'd have a massive imbalance in win percentages and the game would be a disaster.

17. kencold

kencold New Member

Structural Engineer
    Thanks for your reply. I appriciate your time and also your positive attitude replying to my post.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2018
  18. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Also, think about this: if the game WAS somehow looking through some shady numbers when matching you, would you have 5 second match search times?

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I never thought of that, this is a good point people and we need to be backing it.

20. kencold

kencold New Member

Structural Engineer
    I would rather wait longer than be dragged into battles which I know I will loose for sure. I've read about the ELo rating and also about its flaws and drawbacks. It seems that match balancing and infamy are problems that are really hard to address in Battle Bay as the OP said above.

HARPO! likes this.