1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This game is a collapsing vacuum chamber

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Jackyepic, 27 Apr 2018.

1. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Most of us can feel these things in the bay:

It is ridiculously hard to actually gain infamy.
    The ladder is severely disrupted, MK6s can appear as low as in blue or even green leagues.
    Infamy level makes no real difference to combat. All you see are the same "stupid" guys, just in bigger ships.

In my opinion, these things are not due to whether we are "stupid" players or not. It is just the fault of the infamy system.

In normal battles, infamy is conserved. How much your team earn is how much the other team lose, and vice verse.
    Infamy is merely something you exchange. You don't earn them.

But the nightmare guys always take the infamy away from us. And these taken infamy are erased at the end of each season.
    Just like sucking out the air in a vacuum chamber.

The disruption of the ladder is just a symptom of infamy suffocation.

This is what I think is happening to the game now. It just isn't friendly to any player that wants to climb up the ladder, and without any big money investments or good guildmates to fleet with.

Last edited: 27 Apr 2018
  2. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Not to mention there are new players who keep on entering the vacuum chamber, and compete with you over the vital air. How lovely.

ScrapKing likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Fighting bots generates infamy since infamy is not "conserved" while fighting bots. Also, if the match is unbalanced, infamy is "created" with some people losing and gaining infamy points.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  4. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Bots. I don't think bots even appear above 500 infamy.
    Bots may be able to sustain infamy before global release, but the player base is growing. If you put 1 man in a forest, he can breathe fresh air. However, what we have now is just a little tree in the middle of a city.

Infamy is still conserved in unbalanced march. There are +27/-27, +21/-21 matches, but I have never seen +27/-21.

5. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

yup stupid mk6s in roundabout 1k infamy battles Screenshot_2018-04-26-22-53-30.jpeg
    we got flattened...mk6 shooter at 686 infamy??? TF IS THIS im starting to get so sick of this shit

TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

There is no doubt rovio has to set some kind of infamy floor, because of nightmare reset, more and more senior players are getting epic tier 4 and 5 equips, and this causes a spiral effect all the way down to new players, making them get one shotted by high mk "noobs". Guess what happens? New player base will dwindle as this spiral effect gets stronger each month, and soon there will be no more new players and the game will die.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Amen.

8. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

hear that rovio? the game will die
    do something about it. quick.

9. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Very correct. This is a vicious cycle. We just don't know when, the implosion of the vacuum chamber will happen.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  10. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

and the devs; silent as ever, impassionate, never hearing our cry...

nosesabe and TheFixer27 like this.
  11. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Can I create more accounts to like this? :rolleyes:

12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Sigh this thread...

Well there's at least one thing I can address seriously. @Jackyepic There is no "vacuum chamber" effect. There is actually a balance. The system works as follows: new players fight against bots. It doesn't matter up to what infamy there are bots (I believe it's 200), it means that at the low end of the ladder, infamy is created. Continuously, every day. This creates an ever increasing amount of infamy in the game, which would mean the infamy of the high end totally gets out of hand after a while. That is countered by the Nightmare reset. The more infamy is created at the low end, the more people will get over 4k, and thus, the more infamy is removed from the system again. It's balanced.

Ian, A55A51N, Mad_Bulls_007 and 5 others like this.
  13. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is a ridiculous statement, silent, impassionate, never hearing...
    They very actively monitor feedback here (I am involved with the daily discussions so can verify) and are continuously looking at what can be tweaked to improve the game.
    As for the silence, how much longer can we flog the dead horse of matchmaking is rigged, game is broken etc

14. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

ok i apologize for my statement from ignorance however but what is being done to make the game more fair?

15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

What do you mean by fair?
    There is no perfect world to how the matchmaking should work, every system has pros and cons.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  16. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

and thats it? just leave it at that? let the beefed up mk6s destroy everyone? no system can be completely fair but is this the fairest it can possibly get???
    i know its been brought up before the minimum infamy per mk whats wrong with that system again? i think it would/could work...ofc i have no experience

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I actually supported this idea.
    The only issue would be how to deal with those who are already under the infamy threshold for each tier.
    Like I know a real noob MK7, who rolls around 600 infamy.
    He regulary gets destroyed by MK3 and MK4 boats as he is a TERRIBLE player.
    What should happen to him?
    If he was autolevelled to say 3000 infamy then he may as well uninstall the game as he has no hope.
    If the ships under the threshold are allowed to stay at low infamy until they climb, then it wont solve the tanking issue, as they will just stay low infamy.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  18. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

so u save the one/minority noobs and leave the majority(im assuming from all the complaints about mm in bb) of the victims of OP opponents to suffer?

19. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Is there even a tanking issue anymore? People love to claim that every higher mk ship that beats them is a tanker and cheated the system, but I think the reality is that the vast majority of those ships are what you describe. Bad players who naturally sit in low infamy and belong there.

20. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

ok so considering the above mentioned but @AshKOT, can there be a system where each battles, players vs only their mk and only with similar items( so no one can demolish)?