1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

TheAntiSnipe's vibes

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by TheAntiSnipe, 11 Dec 2017.

1. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Uh I haver never seen anyone do it. I am not lying lol. How do u evn turn 180 anyway. I often find myself run straight haead through the enemy then stop and correct my ship. I often die by that point.

vis1234567899 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's about drifting while going through your opponent. I personally prefer the "flickshot" using rudder + turret to get HUGE turret agility overall tho.

Nikkie! and vis1234567899 like this.
  3. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Drifting? How do u drift- I can only drift on mario kart 8.

4. TheAntiSnipe

Go 90° sideways on nitro, that should do it. I'll be giving audio lessons soon;)
    Watch this "faildrift" hehe

5. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Sign me up. Cause I am really screwed. My speeder gear score is only 4500:(.And my skill and tactics are next to nothing. Personally I am waiting for mk6 fixer. If u see a fixer carrying 2 legendary carros and beating the hell out of speeders. that will be me.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Did you see da wvideo? I've finally started putting myself out there and giving commentary(it's bad, I know. Working on it.)

7. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Uhh I am meant to be studying right now;)
    I will watch with commentary later.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Wow. Late night person, eh? Thay never worked for me...

9. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    I live in UK. Its 6:30 here.
    Lol without the onscreen text, I would have never seen that drift thing. I would have just kept on bumping into the wall in an effort to turn around or would have scarificed my 2.4k in a blind suicide run. Sometimes I get out alive.

Nice commentary though lol. U make it sound so easy when really its a lot harder when using more close-combat weapons.

Last edited: 26 Mar 2018
    vis1234567899 and The Otherguy like this.
  10. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Flare and blasts easy though- I just strapped on a rare flare tier 1 and I could easily stay up eventhough I only got 10 percent more burn damage. And u might say differently but my opinion is that it is too op

vis1234567899 likes this.
  11. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I didn't get it from the video. I think you'll need to do it in a custom match so that there isn't the constant battle getting in the way of the technique discussion. AFTER I saw it in open water (I'd time-extend the sequence and put in bubble comments about what you did step by step) then it'd be useful to see it in combat.

12. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Its executing that is the hard bit. I tried it in a battle and ended up slamming into the wall and had a nice epic tier 5 big torp on my ass.

13. TheAntiSnipe

The "taildrift" is the basic move here. I used it here as well:

Basically, look at the reverse at the end where I switch between the enemy shooter and the enemy speeder. Its in slow mo, maybe that will help you understand. Taildrifts need a slight slope to work well, so doing a taildrift on a wave is the quickest way to turn without rudder.

Nikkie! and vis1234567899 like this.
  14. Snapshot

Yeah, still don't have a clue what you're trying to get at here. There is obviously some sequence of events you are trying to describe but what it is I haven't the faintest clue. Whatever it is, it involves nitro and a handy wave.

15. TheAntiSnipe

Doesn't involve nitro. Let me show you. The time is 2:47. Look how I used reverse there to turn myself so I could take down the speeder(or try to do so?) You probably know this move tho.

16. Snapshot

OK, I didn't exactly think of that as a "move" any more than any other turn would be. Yeah, sometimes I "counter-turn" in order to get the angle and position I want. I wonder if it's just being an experienced car driver. It's an old fashioned Y-turn :) I do it in parking lots all the time.

Well, at least I know why I wasn't seeing it now. For a moment I was feeling downright stupid. :)

17. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    The problem is I still dont know how to do that.

18. Snapshot

If I understand this correctly, he's just turning in reverse. When you do that, your turn radius is a lot smaller because your ship speed is a lot slower but your turning rate remains the same. So in the video he posted, he could have just continued forward and gotten into a big sweeping loop-fest with his speeder opponent. Instead, he backed up and turned "the other way" causing his boat to spin almost on it's axis and adding the boat turning speed to the turret speed.

19. Snapshot

ROFL, I just realized another reason this was second nature to me. Remember that I took it as my personal mission as a shooter to nail those pesky speeders. Well, how do you think I get them in my sights in my lumbering oaf of a shooter? They'd always do that circle thing and I'd throw it into reverse. Even in a shooter your turret can catch up with them pretty quick.

20. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

@TheAntiSnipe What are some good enfo setups? Mine is currently Fg+Bc+Swift torp, and Ts and Ob. I have a mine that I am leveling, and a sniper. Is carronade good for enfo?