1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The wonderful experience of playing events by Rovio

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by EduardoMeliss, 17 Aug 2018.

?

Rovio has not been able to develop a balanced game

1. Balanced Game

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. I will not play events

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

I do the post, doing a favor to a friend is new to the game and meets the hard truth.
    Mk3 . Lvl 16 . Time in the game 20 days

IMG-20180817-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180817-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180817-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20180817-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180817-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180817-WA0004.jpg
    It is very sad to destroy the gaming experience of the new players, starting with the fact that these guys have small arms, and their rivals have weapons with damage greater than 1k.
    Game Play.
    Watch this Nightmare player

https://replay.battlebay.net/CTCQRFYF#GZPCBJJT

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
    Ultrah and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. S2C

S2C Member

This comes up literally every event lol. Didn't people say that this isn't against the rules because you can use whatever combination of ship and weapons you want?

3. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

This is not right and should not be allowed.

The developers did not expect these abuses.

I do not care what happens to me, I have experience and hands and with my boat I have won even Nightmare players.

But this is an imbalance that harms the growth of new players and should not be allowed.

How many themes should they create for developers to realize this

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Sadly this will always be an issue until rovio decides to listen to their community. We keep telling them how easy of a change would completely fix this but they don't want to fix it it seems.

In case you are curious, the OBVIOUS fix is to make it so you upgrade all ships at once. No more individual upgrading ships. And those who already had, for example, a mk6 but all the rest are lower, all his ships would be mk6 after they added this.

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this doesn't solve much. Ship Mk doesn't play that big of a role in matchmaking. You'll still see NM players running reduced or underleveled items to exploit the system.

Nikkie! and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  6. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Well, in that case infamy has to be considered. The developers have to do something fast. It's getting worse out there. SMH:oops:

Nikkie! and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  7. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Yes agree on that.. if infamy is used in matchmaking in events as well then it can be stopped.

8. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

You have to shout very loudly in the community to be heard.

I love this game so I take part of my time so that the things that hurt the game experience improve.

I have been part of the community of several games. "League of Legend" "MMORPG" "Dofus" "Call of Duty"
    And you have to take care of the new population because these games must have a constant flow of players to be healthy and if the new players do not enjoy the experience in the bay, we are failing in something.

Let's take letters about this

9. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It would fix the issue almost completely. Try running a mk7 with commons, still match mk7s

10. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

The solution is so simple, just look at the symptoms. What do sealclubbers run mostly? Strong weapons, weak other items, weak ship mks. So just simply drop the gearscore value of every other item besides weapons, and drop gs from ship mks too, repeat till sealclubbers are non-existant. It's that easy.

Increase the weight of captain levels on the overall power level. Infamy should be left out of the equation, so players can legitimately use different items and playstyles in events.

EDIT : Let me give you an example:
    • Newbie has 1,000 gearscore for his weapons + 1,000 gearscore for his remaining items
    • Sealclubber has 1,700 gearscore for his weapons + 300 gearscore for his remaining items
    > They are both matched together, and newbie suffers because every support item class has the same gearscore as weapons, but in reality weapons always far outperform support items.

After reduction of gearscore for non-weaponry (by 1/3):
    • Newbie has 1,000 gearscore for his weapons + 333 gearscore for his remaining items
    • Sealclubber has 1,700 gearscore for his weapons + 100 gearscore for his remaining items
    > Sealclubber has an excess of 467 gearscore and thus won't be matched with newbie.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2018
  11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Yes, something like this. Training should be included in the power score.

12. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

Screenshot_20180817-160308.png
    This is me, I am not bad against these ruffians, the battles have become a competition of seals with legendary weapons
    Screenshot_20180817-160415.png
    but new players it is impossible to fight against this, for obvious reasons

Screenshot_20180817-160313.png

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  13. SupremeCalamitas

Seal clubbers are (not nice people). Let the new people enjoy the game.

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Aug 2018
  14. SupremeCalamitas

So close. Floating ( I'm going back to my old system because everyone is seriously getting [damnit can't find a word to replace 'piss'... hold on...] pufferfished off when I'm swearing... it's extremely annoying to be changing the color of my text OVER and OVER. Don't be surprised if I go back to raw, uncensored ship)seal clubbers. View attachment 20710

Last edited: 19 Aug 2018
  15. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

That won't work.
    Because shooters can equip 5 weapons at your "increased value". Because shooters running all tier 5 epic weapons will now become overscored in comparison to a speeder/defender/enforcer running all tier 5 epics. So to now have equal matchmaking scores a shooter running tier 3 epics, would now get matched against speeders and enforcers running tier 2 legendary weapons because the shooters values is based upon inflated weapon gear scores, and the speeder/enforcer can run much stronger weapons and still get evenly matched because their tier 5 epic yellow and blue items don't count as much towards matchmaking values.

16. SupremeCalamitas

So basically yellow boats would become the seal clubbers instead of shooters?

17. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Yeah, but he did have 'em in his team too, right?

18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Infamy is not the answer. MK boat level is not the answer. Gear Score has to take into account specific training for items. Items are already adjusted for that in their stats.

19. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

So seal clubber = criminal scum..

20. Lucent

Lucent New Member

I wouldn’t say that. I would say seal clubbers are smart enough to see the exploit and take advantage of the failings in Rovio’s code. I also believe Rovio has a responsibility to its players to ensure a fair game. What is unethical here is Rovio turning a blind eye to the plight of its newer players while profiting from their ad revenue and in app purchases.

AntiHero likes this.