1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The ULTIMATE Infamy revamp

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 24 Oct 2017.

?

Will this new system make matches more fair?

1. This should have been what the game started with!

2. Yes

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Legendaries should not be part of this game. Period. Everything was good before. Paying to speed up and get epic t5 is fine. Idk why they even introduced legendary items -_-

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Agreed!:)

PastelPiku likes this.
  3. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    If the Ferrari driver can't shift gears or even steer, they will lose no matter what their gear is.

This is an awesome analogy lol

4. Miku Da Yo 39

Lol 20k hp defender who can't aim for shit vs a pro speeder using all commons. Forever endless cycle of tie

5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    An actual pro would never be stuck with only commons, though, let's be real. If commons were a bicycle, of course it would lose, but anyone who's played at least a month has rares.

6. d_p air

d_p air Member

This is a wrong comparison of matchmaking in Overwatch/CS:GO and Battle Bay. Let's say In CS:GO you will never face against t5 epic AK-47 having a t4 rare MP-7, because, you know, there is no tiers/levels of weapons. And all of them are accessible just from buying, not from RNG and dupes

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. Miku Da Yo 39

The dev will never reply lmao

8. d_p air

d_p air Member

It's ok, they don't have to do it :) I just wanted to say, that may be it wasn't the best choice to take the same matchmaking algorithm Glicko 2 (even highly modified) as CS:GO, because the games are completely different.

9. RipUup2

RipUup2 New Member

I’m a new B.B. player of 3 1/2 weeks.
    I’m a very experienced gamer and I can tell you the match making system in some way or form needs some tweaks. I lost 60% of my infamy today and to be honest my new mk3 can’t compete with mk5’s. Losing 14 straight might be ok for some but doesn’t feel fair on my end.
    Sorry I don’t know if I’ll continue BB endeavours. Other words the games great but good luck and hope you guys figure it out.

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Perfect matchmaking should behave like a coin flip, where if you are matched equally with your opponents you would have a 50% chance of winning. In that the odds of a streak of 14 is like 1 in 16,000. What we do know with the current matchmaking system is that it is probably accurate within about a 500 infamy range, which is a lot in a 4k infamy system. A losing streak is usually coupled with a win streak, so long term it'll work itself out. Were you were most upset with the fact that you got to claim negligible rewards and no guild quest progress for an hour's worth of effort, or did it just feel non-competitive?

PastelPiku likes this.
  11. RipUup2

RipUup2 New Member

By observing some players.
    Some would sit at starts point hoping for a loss to intentionally drop there infamy. Had to ask myself why one would do that? Does it put them in a lower global rank on guild quests reset so they can power themselves Into first place with ease?
    I’m new to the game so I could be wrong.
    To answer your question neither bother me one bit the time neither reward lose. During the extensive losing steak it felt very non-competitive. Some matches were over before they started. As a newb even I can see who really sucks and who’s really good as an individual player by observing how they play. In a good matching system all players should be equal to there team within close reason. There is some tweaking that needs to be done it’s apparent.

PastelPiku likes this.