1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Secret Sauce of my Stars

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Disguised, 20 Aug 2017.

1. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

As a speeder main (on my 2nd account), my primary goal in the game is to be a support ship.
    By being a speeder, I help my team by scouting at the start of the match, dodging shots using my speed, and occasionally activating frost/fire perks with my grenade/frost blaster (which I also use as a combo to make the most damage of my grenade, by frosting my target). Since my those 3 points are main goals as a speeder, I don't have much time to do damage. Because of that I usually get 0-2 stars per game, and 2 stars only happens when I deal a decent amount of damage.
    What I was going to ask is the following question:
    Does dodging shots, and scouting actually count as contribution according to the star system?

Because if none of those count as contribution, I might as well become a part-time defender(only part-time because speeder is still so fun to play).

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    it counts. Dont worry.

3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Where do the developers say this? I understand that each item is part of the secret sauce. But to calculate how many shots dodged? How could you calculate that accurately? I'm wondering because it's the same for me.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The contribution formula does factor in also distracting enemies by dodging their shots. Probably not perfectly but to a degree at least.

5. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    Good to know :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Maybe it counts as one whole extra damage point for every bullet you dodge :eek::eek::eek:

Disguised likes this.
  7. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Or maybe it counts as contributing.

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

That's what I meant. By every bullet you dodge it's like contributing 1 damage. In other words I'm saying it's low enough to the point where you will never ever notice it

9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    If ive really contributed in ways other than dmg, I notice reward increce. but Im so tired i can barely think. g'night.

10. The Otherguy

Tech support
    *Ok. 8 1/2 hours of sleep later* I have noticed a reward increce for contributing, but not a star increce.