1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Role of a Speeder

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rinse & Repeat, 23 Sep 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

Yellowocean maybe thats where I went wrong I was using that setup for scouting and placing the mines throughout the map... I was going to use the flare gun i had but I would preferably use my mines as they are already leveled up... wasn't sure if I should use mines at higher infamy...

2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Imo you can go with a standard cannon (rare preferably). I actually got the standard cannon once i started using speeder and I like the range it gives me with a decent projectile speed. If you want more range you can buy range perks from store. Plus the shorter reload doubles the damage in the same amount of time a sniper takes for cooldown. It won't mess up your training tree and the only major perks that are available in Bhurt's tree are for lower cooldown which is okay to ignore as standard cannon comes with low cooldown. The flare gun blast cannon combo is great but you will need to get close to make that work. I tried flare gun/explosive cannon combo (check the fire perks on my EC:p) but it didn't work for me due to the low hp. I had to wait for the cooldown for both weapons which is not that convenient when you are playing offense with a fixer on other team (and no support). Anyway someone in my team almost always has fire bombs or napalm so i improvised to work with that. And my explosive cannon does decent damage even without fire buff so its good for close range battles.

Stock up on the rare items as much as you can. Rares are much easier to upgrade than epic or higher. Uncommon is good enough but you will need higher training to actually get a lot of damage out of those weapons. Also learn to work with torpedos. They may be hard to master but they do a ton of damage when used right.

Well we all make mistakes. I scrapped my rare blast cannon when I didn't get the duplicates for a month and the very next day I got one:(. Had to scrap that too eventually as I was not getting dupes and it was annoying (some Noob:oops:). Didn't get one since then so I guess that was it.

For yellow slots you can use double nitro/OB. It is also a good combo. But again if you don't have any issues with tesla bolt then its the best alternative there is. Although considering the latest update about to roll out will nerf tesla bolt, it's better get an overboost or nitro pronto. Read the announcements thread for latest update.

Its definitely worth it. With mk5 you can go up to ace league. And for ace league there is still a lot to learn. Battles are really intense on that level compared to what we get.

Don't be discouraged by the team response. What you are doing is what good players do. It makes you better than the players who do not know how to communicate and as you climb higher in infamy, players do respond. I can tell you at 1400+ infamy some of the players respond to Together, Help and most of all Attack. Whatever works i guess.:D

And finally the loadout is here almost 3500+ battles later:p. I purchased most of the parts available in the store and got the rest from rewards. Keep that training going and keep playing and you might get a better loadout than me.:)

Attached Files:

3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

You should make a topic for guides on how to play a certain ship. You explained the speeder part really good. I think you probably got enforcer knowledge as well given your level (or any other ship for that matter). But if you do that, I'd be happy to write the shooter and defender part.:)

4. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

I am not that good still i will explain what i tend to do. First of all I m mk4 speeder, 1400ish infamy, rocking dual blast cannon, OB, Nitro, turbo and bandage.

At start i tend to scout and give my team a heads up where unfriendlies are. Depending on composition of unfriendlies i decide how far away from my team i can go. Whenever they have a speeder i won't be going far away from my team. As soon as i spot em, i always get back to my team and never ever think of getting cheeky shots because if i do i know i would be dead in matter of seconds. How far away you can go also depends on the map you are playing in. Except for chill zone i never ever go for capture unless i have my team with me.

In middle period, I try to flank them and try to get some cheeky shots. If i m able to draw fire then i run and try to separate them from their team. If they are not drawing fire towards me then they are almost a dead ship. Here what we can do depends a lot on composition of our team. If i have fixer then i m a bit aggresive. If i have have couple of speeders along with me then i stick together with them n be hyper aggresive. If i have defenders and shooters then i let them take the fire first until then i m doing nothing, coz of my low range weapons, and after fire exchanges start i get behind em n do damage. Noting turret position of ships is important over here.

In the end, for me, it depends on no. of players left on both sides and weapons of unfriendlies. I play a bit passively if they have number advantage and we have number advantage then i m aggresive. Gauging which type of weapons they have is important as well, knowing if they are mortar or torp spammer, or if they have all point damage weapons plays a vital role.
    Knowing when you have to go for attack to win or when you have to go for draw is an important skill to have and is learnt by experience.

I always keep a eye on map and try to reach places where 1v1 is happening and try to help friend so that we can have that number advantage.
    Playing lower level speeder is challenging (coz of low HP) and requires alot of skills.
    Keep playing, keep wrecking!!

Shadow Moon! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. disorder

disorder Active Member

hi
    my main is a mk5 enforcer, and create a 2nd acocunt with mk3 speeder...
    here my impress.
    => good for scout, but as soon as i see a opponent, i run away.. 2 hit i'm dead.
    => really nice for support : helping a lonely shooter/fixer, etc... is really good with speeder, and often opponent dont change target so you can easily target him.
    => assault : in 1v 1 it's a good ship, especially with nitro.
    =>bandage is really important (at mk3 it's better to have a bandage than a nitro..., i run with ob and nitro)
    def is a pain with my enforcer, but is really simple with a speeder... don't really see against enforcer, but speeder was my main target with enforcer... so will see

so would say : first scout (don't need to make all map) go back for support/assault

Last edited: 24 Sep 2017
  6. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

enforcer is my least used boat... i just don't have the right weapons to be an effective enforcer (with my playstyle)... shooter is my best boat nowadays followed by speeder then defender... my fixer still has cute pulses so its still ineffective in nightmare battles...

7. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

You will find going 1 on 1 vs any boat will be no problem. Use your yellow items wisely that's speedys strong point. For ex, I was left 1 on 1 with a mk5 shooter who at the time still had double my hp left. I still sunk him. Once you get used to firing quickly stunning then nitro out of his line of sight as ur stun wears off, repeat process. I have won many like this not all, but a lot. If they have no point fire weapons lmao game over.

8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

So you will write a guild for us them on how to play? It would help alot of players:)

9. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Hahahaha i don't think so... my perspective is limited to a few setups... i haven't really tried them all...

10. Rinse & Repeat

my stun doesnt keep them stunned a lot i think its short of 6 seconds i'm still working on my dr. Buzzkill

11. _devill

Stuns will get nerfed with the new update guys. Let's try and keep the Tesla stuns to minimum and find a workaround. You can't stun an opponent multiple times after the update. :(

Anyone has any ideas for how to work with 50% less stun duration every consecutive stun? I'm thinking of going with frost torp combo. Only option I can think of. Maybe damage a lot quickly and move on. Will have to get torps though.:rolleyes:

12. Rinse & Repeat

Yea, now that i'm hearing all these ideas i am thinking of a double cannon setup(whether its double BC or standard cannon+BC is up to the RNG). Definitely collecting rares the more you have the higher chance you have of getting a duplicate, i'm still pretty low level so i'll give any weapon a chance but i cant do that if they are low level... The amount of things i got rid of not realizing how useful they could be: i remember having 2 rare torpedoes and i got rid of them being a noob. I was trying to get to ace league as a mk4 but i hit a road block:(. Yea it is nice when my team listens to me and we get an easy win(well not easy but easier than if we were just to wing it) i guess i'll just have to keep communicating and hopefully get the team organized so we can pull off a win;)

_devill likes this.
  13. Rinse & Repeat

I forgot stuns are being nerfed i need to look for a replacement...

14. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

May I ask the source for this information?

15. _devill

16. TheChosen-1

TheChosen-1 New Member

If you want an in-depth guide to how to play speeder check out this video
    -UrbanGamingTheory How to play speeder 3 Biggest tips win more!

17. Shadow Moon!

18. _devill

Stun resistance is what reduces the stun duration. Please go through the thread. The devs have explained how it works.

19. Shadow Moon!

It will reduce if you restun the opponent if he has stun resistance active. But after stun resistance is worn of stun will work normally again.

20. _devill

Yes it will be back to max after stun resistance wears off. On stunning an opponent, the opponent gains 2x resistance for the stun duration. So let's assume your tesla bolt stuns for 8 sec (mine does 8.7) so the opponent now has 16 secs stun resistance. Now add that to the fact that cooldown for tesla bolt is 12secs. So after 8 seconds you are still waiting for 12 sec cooldown. Assuming that you wait every time for the stun to wear off and fire 2 weapons makes it 8 secs cooldown + 2 sec (1st weapon) + 2 sec (second weapon) = 12 secs (not sure if weapon refresh cooldown is 2 sec, may be more). At which point your stun is ready for use again. Go back to the point where opponent has 16 sec stun resistance. Now stun the opponent again and you get 16sec-12sec=4sec less stun duration. Meaning your stun duration just got cut in half. And this is a perfect scenario for 1v1. If you have team mates and someone breaks the stun early, well my advice is get out of there quick. So for speeders it will cost more than usual in a 1v1. And if you go against a shooter with high dps weapons, there is a good chance that the shooter can actually defeat you.

I'm not saying tesla bolt is useless (sorry if that was the case somehow), I just said we need a better strategy for using it. We can't just stun spam every time or go 1v1 without any support. Contrary to usual fact that speeder is for assault and support (whichever you like), after this nerf speeders might actually have to play more support (with support). You can go offensive but going alone could be a disaster. Also, one last point that the speeder double team may be less useful now as both of you can't use stuns simultaneously (more stun resistance) with this nerf or maybe the stun resistance is specific to the one who uses it. Not sure so any suggestions/corrections/opinions are welcome.:)