1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The only thing I really disliked about this last update...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 23 Feb 2018.

1. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Wtf frost torp is not nerfed? Lol. Do we play same game?

FearsomeChicken and Disguised like this.
  2. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Wayward has become worse than chill zone a good map destroyed in this map fix it so that the teams are now able to mortar the enemy from one spawn pt to another.

Last edited: 20 Mar 2018
  3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I think you might have shown the wrong replay. That one was not that bad. Your team really misplayed a few times and still won easily.

It is not worse than Subzero. That map is almost a guaranteed loss for me. But Wayward definitely has lost it's unique charm. It just feels like every other map now.

FearsomeChicken and Shadow Moon! like this.
  4. Shadow Moon!

I still want subzero crash and burn chill zome should have more ceilings and mortar use made skill based not hide and spam.

PallabKumarS and FearsomeChicken like this.
  5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

That's the right one. We did win but we had to retreat luckily finding a solid wall. Every time I ventured away from that wall the mortars flew. In fact 2 mortars came at us within 8 seconds of the start of the battle.

6. fr4nk1yn

No it's not. Maybe not to the extent of before but you can still frost someone and blast them with a big torp or multiple big berthas.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Yes! Of course!

That must be exactly the reason that my entire team is at the spawn point and I'm engaging the enemy closely on pretty much every map except wayward pains. In my experience that vast majority of players prefer long-range wars of attrition. It is commonplace to have 1.5 minutes out of a 5 minute match go by with no enemy engagement (except mine of course). In my experience, most players engage in close combat only when forced to and some won't do it under any circumstances. So player preference plays a part here.

But another part is simply the overwhelming power of AOE weapons in this game. Sure, in my speeder I can generally dodge and weave through most of them but shooters and defenders have no such ability. If they want to cross an empty water zone they are going to get pummeled in the process. This mismatch in power is pretty evident just by looking at the final damage done screens and then observing which shooters had heavy mortar loadouts and which had heavy cannon ones. It becomes glaringly obvious with firebomb.

I doubt they are going to change weapon balance at this point. So I miss the old wayward pains which was the one map which truly demanded what I think of as "actual combat". It is still, however, my favorite map (along with Chill Zone) because it at least allows for close combat without taking insane risks.

8. fr4nk1yn

That's what was great about it. It forced you to get close and do battle. It's near impossible to get close with the mortars flying so I switched to dual sniper.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Snapshot

You know it's still not a total loss. Sure mortar spam is an awful lot more common there but there are still a ton of hidey- holes and corners to come out of.

10. Shadow Moon!

You can't because it breaks in 1 shot.

11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

33 likes on this post... I wish a dev or even an MVP would chime in. I'd love for more maps like the original Wayward that promoted unique gameplays. Safe-spot mortar lobbing and sniping is played out.

12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

See you requested the voice of an MVP.
    I am with you bro, old Wayward was much better...

PallabKumarS and Riddlerpaji like this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Same here. Old WayPains allowed me to knifefight like never before, and taught me tons of vision tricks back when it was an almost no-mortar area. Now it's just another map in the rotation.

Actually what hurts me the most is the fact that, by making it open to mortar usage, the devs showed us that they were gonna try and standardize maps as much as possible. There will probably be no map like this again in Battle Bay, so we were the only players to get to enjoy it.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  14. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is probably not a negative to the devs, but more the way the game mechanics work.
    If you could save even 2 loadouts per ship, and after the map is selected you can choose loadout 1 or loadout 2.
    This would allow people to tailor weapons to suit the map they are on and allow us to make more diverse maps.
    However when you have to pick the loadout and then get thrown into a random map, the maps have to all be viable for all weapons without creating advantages / disadvantages.
    So I think what we really need is a "create a class" style loadout to allow us to adapt and pick the best loadouts for each map

Rainbow Warrior and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yeah, that's a great way to go about it(though I know I'll only ever save a speeder loadout...)

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  16. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

My idea would be to be able to save 10 loadouts.
    Interface would be like this:
    [​IMG]

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

The above is the loadout screen where you can save and alter your 10 loadouts.
    After the map has been selected you will not be able to alter any loadouts, but will have 10 seconds to switch to the loadout you wish to use for the game.

This would not only allow us to better match our ships but would also save hours keep changing gear between ships.
    Each loadout would show your whole inventory, even stuff equipped in other loadouts.
    So if you had one turbo, you can use it in all 10 loadouts simultaneously, so you dont have to constantly shuffle the same items between ships.

This is the future of BB!

Snapshot and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  18. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

19. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Although i never liked wayward pains, (now or then its still a pain) No map should restrict the usage of any weapon, otherwise whats the point of having different weapons.
    It would be unfair to the mortar users in the old wayward and maybe thats why the devs considered remaking the map.
    Now others can't blame those mortar users because its their freedom of choice what to choose. If not the mortar/airborne class should have been well excluded from the game.
    Enforcers, shooters with full airbone loadouts (missiles/firebombs/napalms/mortars) would be useless in the previous map. On the other hand some take advantage of this map with torpedoes. So i dont see why the change was bad, after all whats the point in having those weapons too?
    Every map should support all weapons. Considering the old wayward map, if an all mortar user consistenly gets picked into that map he would have a tough time (but whats wrong with that when people go all torps, all cannons etc) and since picking up of maps is random, he may get more of that map too. Then wouldn't it be unfair to them?
    Think of it in all ways, should be fair as each map should support all weapons equally.

20. Snapshot

Yes please. I want this even if they don't give us the 10 second switch window. As you say, just for convenience alone in the existing game this would be a huge boon.