1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The machine gun | Minigun

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NoTzHoNg, 10 Sep 2017.

?

I'd like your opinion...

1. OP

69.2%
  2. SUCKS

30.8%
  1. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    All of the battle bay weapons are slow, but punishing, there should be an opposite. There already is SOME fast reloading weapons (cannon, and carronade). The idea is for the minigun, where you hold the attack joystick to continuously shooting while doing low damage per hit. Each barrel of the minigun would spin after each shot, and there would be 4 barrels. The minigun would shoot twice per second. Whenever you release of the attack joystick, you would have to reload the minigun. Each attack will do 1/4 damage of the regular cannon. Great weapon for any ship that aggros onto a weak enemy.
    SLOTS: 2
    RANGE: 15 meters
    RELOAD TIME: 17 seconds
    CRIT CHANCE: 0%

Last edited: 9 Nov 2017
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I'm a little bit unsure about that weapon. A max upgraded tier epic standard 5 canon with all captainss trained can deal over 800 damage. Your machine gun would deal over 200 damage per 0,5 second, wich equals 400 dps. I have got a legendary mine wich has got 247 dps. So your weapon would deal like the double damage of a mine, on top of that it's way easier to hit with, on top of that it can even crit. 2% crit chance may seem low, but it's kinda high if you can shoot that fast. And if you happen to install perks on that weapon it would become even more overpowered.

It's a cool idea, I'll admit that. But it's just way too overpowered in it's current state.

NoTzHoNg likes this.
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    You forgot that DPS includes reload time in the calculation, but yes it is 400 dps while it is firing. I think this could be a balanced weapon as long as we find a good balance, we shouldn't necessarily expect the OP to make it completely balanced, that's the devs job.

I've seen couple of threads for machine gun/mini guns, and I think it could be a cool idea. Personally it's not for me, but if a bunch of others like it then why not

Last edited: 10 Sep 2017
    NoTzHoNg likes this.
  4. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    You know, the defender could block a ton of damage with the shield defense. It would be similar to caronade.

5. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Or instead of a flame thrower that attacks on a cone. You can change the direction with your turret as you wish. While using flame thrower you can't use other items but can move freely. Tecnically it is a fire weapon so it can ignore defense. What do you think guys.

6. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    better