1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

the long awaited nerf sniper post :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Clashinkov, 14 Nov 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Let me guess. Enfo dancer? Dayum.

Even I quit snipes. I've come a long way from back in the days where I was struggling to cross 800 infamy among those crazy mk5s. I found that the sniper cannon is unreliable to duel with and that the blast cannon feels way more satisfying. However, in the noob leagues, sniper cannons are definately OP. When you consider that the average mk4 speeder in Master 2 has 1700 hp, maybe a little more, a sniper crit taking off 1100 hp in a single hit to that speeder is just crazy over there!

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

Yo! Thanks for sharing the same sentiment whereby BC does feel more satisfying with its high consistent damage and damn when it crits, once in a blue moon, opponents are gonna cry XD I see where you’re going with the lower mks and infamy in terms of the crit at the stage of the game. But hey, we’ve all gone through that as well and they just gotta bear with it and once they push through, it’ll be not as OP anymore right buddy? :3
    Thanks for

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, you're right there. But sniper evasion, by hiding behind a wave or fighting upwave battles, or even using "speeder sense" to dodge those bullets, maybe my strat of "nitro'ing BESIDE the target" to throw off their aim, one can dodge these bullets like a pro. It ain't easy at all tho.
    I got into Ace as a new mk5, but before all that, I was a humble mk4 fighting the giants, 1800 infamy fighting peeps with epic t3s and mk5 ships xD. At the time, I do remember sniper cannons being rather OP.

If there's any viable solution here, it is to spread out the sniper cannon talents a little.

PastelPiku and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I have long been the biggest advocate of not nerfing any weapons now.
    And I used to run dual sniper.

This weapon cant even fight for a spot on my boat now.
    Even when I run shooter. Out of 5 weapons. Only use 1 sniper.

It was so little sniper usuage i scrapped a fully maxed epic sniper. My used to have 2cd.
    If i thought it was the most OP i would have kept them both on my boats.

It isnt OP. Its just a weapon.

Find the ones u like. Adjust tactics towards your weapons. And kill players with tactics that weaken them.

Sometime watch my defender of the week replay. I hug walls like no ones business. No issue with snipers.

Now with that said. If there were to be an adjustment. I support fixing Bhurt training tree. Move ex cannon and blast further down. And sniper crit chances higher on the tree. This should solve any mid game issues.

Anything past that is....
    You know my thoughts.

Get better. Lol

StrictSalmon307 and Disguised like this.
  5. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Idk why, but every time you say that, I have a feeling you're talking about me, lol.

6. TheAntiSnipe

We mk5s weren't born mk5s, you know:p I was prolly the only dude who used the rudder build on the mk4 back in my day. RNGesus has never been kind with bandages to me. The moment His Randomness gave me an epic bandage, I jumped 300 infamy. So I jumped from 1500 to 1800 in 2 days LOL.

Disguised likes this.
  7. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Big torp is a two slot weapon that is easily avoidable on it's own. Sniper cannon is one slot that is unavoidable. Sniper cannon crits often do more damage than big torp.